You are not logged in.

#26 13-06-04 05:35:15

CHEBS

Re: Diploma In driving Instruction

I second the 'thanks' I will give them a bell on Monday to book my place.

13-06-04 05:35:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 13-06-04 19:53:29

Liesa

CHEBS can you let us have the details when you've phoned the DIA?

I'd be interested in attending this seminar as well.

CarADI

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#28 16-06-04 05:03:57

CHEBS

Hi All,

Spoke to DIA on Monday and was given a number of a chap called Ian who runs a distance learning course. He did inform me that you now have to sit all 5 modules together (same year). He is sending me an info sheet with costings etc so I will post these in a couple of days.

I have sent off for all the study material from the DIA. There is a couple of weeks delay due to staff shortages ?

Couldn't get any info re the date in October from them, probably due to the same reason as above so if anyone else has it I would love to hear about it etc

#29 29-09-04 21:43:05

RD

liesa,
i took and passed all 5 modules of the diploma this year. i studied with 3 other instructors who i met at a local adi association. we met every monday night for a couple of hours and used the dia books and went through past exam papers. i have heard that next year will be the last time the diploma will be offered in its current format. i dont know if any modules you do will carry over to the new format. i would check with the dia. overall its a great thing to do. i learned lots. good luck!

#30 03-10-04 07:04:54

Liesa

Thanks for the imformation RD.

I've heard from another source recently, that you now need to take all 5 modules in the same year. :shock:

Since posting my original message my personal goals have moved considerably, I no longer intend to follow the career path I orginally wanted to. I won't say anymore at this stage, but I will reveal more at a later date, for now I'll just leave it to your imagination. wink

#31 03-10-04 21:11:02

CarADI

Hello Liesa,

You are not throwing in the towel are you?, giving up?, surrendering  :?:  Not going backwards to be examiner ? no, no, no surely not?

#32 31-10-04 01:28:16

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Hi Liesa,

I'll just leave it to your imagination

I have been looking in my Crystal ball,  lol   it says:  wink
Your going to open a B+B then do residential Intensive driving courses...

#33 31-10-04 22:05:37

johnabacus
Verified Member
Website

Copies of previous years exam papers were available from the DIA when I did mine. These were invaluable as they also gave Specimen answers so you can see the style of answers which score most points. I found writing for 2 hours very demanding and it was a rush to get everything down on paper.

#34 23-12-04 19:02:34

Liesa

OK Guys and Gals thought it was about time I let you all know what I've been upto!

Basically I'm sick to the back teeth of other drivers attitudes towards learner drivers (had enough of risking life and limb each day out on the road), in a couple of years time I'll be hanging up my L Plates and going to university. I didn't want to say too much at first because I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing, but now I've been back in education for a while I'm certain that I've made the right move.

Happy christmas and a prosperous new year to you all!

#35 24-12-04 08:48:41

Midge
Website

Liesa,  I wish you all the best in your new venture,  I hope you enjoy it.  What subject are you studying? 
Midge

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#36 24-12-04 12:52:03

TDC
Verified Member

hey wondered where youd got to

all the best   and youd just got that website sorted too    roll

Im so good its unbelievable

#37 26-12-04 09:06:45

Liesa

HI Guys

Thanks for the good luck messages!

At present I'm studying social sciences, which includes Sociology, Geography, Economics, psychology & Politics.

Board footer