You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 08-11-06 11:31:44

Target
Verified Member
Website

Accredited courses for Instructor Trainers

Is there such thing as an accredited course for instructor trainers.

Of course you can become Ordit registered and this would be the obvious route to take.

My concern is that if I instruct a trainer to take me on the path to giving part 3 instruction all I have is my word to give the wannabe Adi's that I know my stuff.

Is there a route to take, or lets say certificate I can achieve to confirm my status.

Thanks for any comments.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

08-11-06 11:31:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Accredited courses for Instructor Trainers

#2 08-11-06 13:32:58

hector
Verified Member
Website

No!

John farlam runs a course along those lines you are thinking in Buxton Derbyshire, but there is no DSA accreditation, come to think of he isnt ordit registered!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#3 08-11-06 14:08:11

Target
Verified Member
Website

Its no wonder so many Pdi's are being shafted.

So someone calls up after I've just spent lots of my hard earned cash on instructor training and I have nothing I can actually produce to show potential clients.

Not that many Pdi's are likely to ask, just like learners never ask about the Green Badge.

John's a little too far for me. Do not think I could afford his rates either. Does anyone know?.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#4 09-11-06 17:50:34

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

John Farlam's rates are on here:

http://www.smartdriving.co.uk/training_ … prices.htm

Not cheap, but heck, he's respected. (has anyone done one of his training courses?)

I tried to find a similar course, leading to ORDIT qualification, and there were very few people offering anything like this, and the ones who did I wasn't sure of, so I decided to go my own way (as we often suggest that PDIs do), and had a chat with hector (not too far away), who put me on the right track.

Find a really good trainer whose experience you trust and respect, and ask them to help you along with the ORDIT process, I reckon this is the most sensible way of going about it.

#5 09-11-06 18:41:01

hector
Verified Member
Website

I know a couple whove done his weekly course for ADI trainers about £1400 i think  (OH GOD)

Trainers do rave about the course! But at that money ...................

Although he does then put the trainer on a nationwide list linked to his smart website.

He's often knocking around buxton (my local test centre) i think his mum lives there and he lives in Ireland.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#6 09-11-06 22:22:09

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

AA do instructor training but are not ordit registered either. As long as you have a green ticket you can do training.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

Board footer