You are not logged in.

#1 07-11-06 18:21:32

Dimmy

Part2 1st attempt result.

Well, I took my part 2 today

Centre: Goodmayes

Q 1) Tell me how you would find the correct tyre pressures for your vehicle.
Q 2) Lift the bonnet and tell me where the engine coolant reservoir is and how would you check the level
Q 3) Show me how you would check your turn signal lamps.

Bay Park, no reverse park.

Minors.
12) Control,  (Gears)                        X1
14) Use of Mirrors,  (speed change)    X1
21) Junctions, (Turning Right)            X1
Total time on test: Exactly 1 hour.
Motorway? None, Highspeed road was variable speed dual carriageway with short stretch at 50mph.

Final Result PASSED with  3 minors.

Unexpectedly for me, there was no debrief, apparently he would only have given a debrief if I'd have failed,  I even had to ask if there were any minors, as the only comment he offered was "pleased to tell you that you passed, would you like an application form for PDI?".  Even when I asked if he could tell me when and how I committed any of the faults ( for my own education and further development) he replied he was unable to.
  He was very pleasant, business like throughout, clear instructions. No conversation unless I instigated it, but his overall demeanor put me at ease  and we were hardly out of test centre before I was just driving my normal way, without any nerves.

I start part 3 training next Wednesday smile

07-11-06 18:21:32

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part2 1st attempt result.

#2 07-11-06 18:23:42

VandADI
Administrator

and there's me thinking your part 2 was on the 16th..... smile
Congratulations Dimmy, brilliant result.  Onwards and upwards to part 3  smile

#3 07-11-06 18:37:51

luchell

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Passing part two to me felt like the start of it all as in i was really getting there you know?  What are your plans for part three now then?How is the part three training set out?Tis the fun part now  smile smile

#4 07-11-06 18:50:48

luchell

Similar to Bsm then, you get the part three training done pretty quickly, it worked well for me. Good luck and enjoy, i bet you are looking forward to it?

#5 07-11-06 18:53:20

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Dimmy,
Looks like you made the right decision by changing centres and it was good of TIC to be able to provide car for you to use (I take it you did use TIC car). 
I bet you can't wait to get started on the part 3, you got in there pretty quick to be able to start training next week, good for you.
Let us know how your part 3 training progresses, after all the negative things said about TIC its refreshing to hear good things rather than bad.

#6 07-11-06 19:30:50

hector
Verified Member
Website

Congrats dimmy excellent first time result.

Examiner seems strange no explanation of faults for a pass. bo**ocks! only three questions

Kettle was on obviously!  well done again

Just remember 1 unit of alcohol takes 1 hr to remove from the body after your celebrations tonight!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#7 07-11-06 19:47:01

megron
Verified Member

Congratulations Dimmy  big_smile big_smile big_smile

All the very best for your part 3 training.......

#8 07-11-06 20:04:56

luchell

One of our Des said to me a couple of months ago that if a pupil passed no debrief now if they failed then yes a debrief.  Thankfully ours do give advice after a pass though which is nice. I like to hear any advice given. Not sure if this is at all test centres or just ours? Or if its the same for  pdis and learners? It may just be my Des here  neutral

#9 07-11-06 20:08:05

megron
Verified Member

I got a debrief after my part 2 but my examiner did ask if I wanted him to explain the 3 minors that I got and when they happened.  I took full advantage of this as even though thrilled at passing I was still interested to know where I went wrong!!

#10 07-11-06 20:11:06

luchell

I always find the debrief interesting. One of the Des when i was on a pink said to me to get my pupils to say at the end of the test " Is there anything i could improve upon?" Regardless of the resulot, i cannot remember why, something like they cannot go into detail otherwise stray from the marking sheet sort of thing?. Mine all ask and the Des always smile and go into more detail not just what is on the sheet. They really like it when the pupils remember to ask and i find it very helpful to listen to to be honest.

#11 07-11-06 20:27:39

Dundeeguy
Verified Member

Well done Dimmy  big_smile

SE gave me a debrief at end when I passed. He asked me first if I wanted one but the impression I got was he was going to give me it anyway! lol

You got a lack of show me/tell me questions Dimmy, I had brake fluid, oil, coolant, tyres, handbrake and indicator questions asked!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#12 07-11-06 20:32:00

megron
Verified Member

You got a lack of show me/tell me questions Dimmy, I had brake fluid, oil, coolant, tyres, handbrake and indicator questions asked!

yikes yikes yikes I fared even worse than Dimmy then as I got asked "How do you check your handbrake is on correctly?" and "How do you check your brake lights are working?"  The show me tell me was not long in for part 2 before I tool my test so maybe that had something to do with it  neutral neutral neutral

#13 07-11-06 20:39:31

Dundeeguy
Verified Member

Show me/tell me not much of a problem for me due to being a mechanic. I felt stupid doing it really. I think I quoted the mot manual for tyre checking. LOL

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 07-11-06 20:44:13

megron
Verified Member

Show me/tell me not much of a problem for me due to being a mechanic. I felt stupid doing it really. I think I quoted the mot manual for tyre checking. LOL

lol lol lol lol The examiner probably had his wee sheet with the answers and wasn't expecting a full rundown on tyre pressures etc.....  big_smile big_smile

#15 08-11-06 00:39:14

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

nice one dimmy - well done! good luck for pt 3 . but dont worry about that bit yet savour the moment well done again

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

Board footer