You are not logged in.

#1 06-11-06 12:50:29

Macavity
Verified Member

Pink Ticket

I have passed my Part 1 and 2 and am about to complete my 40 hours of Part 3 training with BSM.

Firstly,does anyone have any advice or tips for me at this stage?

Secondly, I should like to do some work on a pink ticket and BSM have indicated that they don't have any vacancies currently in my area. Does anyone have any advice on how I should find an alternative? I live in Cheshire by the way.

06-11-06 12:50:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pink Ticket

#2 06-11-06 13:54:14

luchell

I must say that is one thing Bsm were very good with. If they didn't think they could supply the work they didn't take any further pdis/adis on which is very sensible. Have you thought about teaching family and friends in your own car with duals fitted? Now you have passed part two you can get instructors insurance to cover you but you must not take ANY kind of payment whatsoever.

Thats a good alternative and in my mind can work out much cheaper. What are your long term plans do you wish to go independent or will you go with Bsm for instance and stay with them for the 6 months contract?

#3 06-11-06 14:26:27

Macavity
Verified Member

Thanks for the information

My long term aim is to be independent. I have good access to schools and sports clubs though other work that I do and can hopefully supply enough youngsters to start me off. I do however need to start earning quickly so will probably have to start off with BSM or another multiple. They thought they might be able to do something for me after Christmas so perhaps I will try them again.

#4 06-11-06 16:27:07

jegtag
Verified Member

You could also try contacting local driving schools in your area to see if they'll sponsor you for your pink.  Worth a go I would say, not everyone's out to fleece you or sign you up to expensive franchise fees!  I got my car and fitted duals, sorted my insurance and then taught a few friends and one family member for free for a few months, but then decided I really needed the extra experience before I took my first attempt at part 3 - also needed to start recouping some money as well (although I know the pink is NOT a means to earning a living)!   Have now got sponsored by a local school and intend to take my test at the end of February, without getting tied into a franchise.  By the way, I made my intial contact with them via this website, so it's been worth it's weight in gold to me!!  The guy there has been SO helpful, letting me sit in on lessons, general pointers in the right direction etc... Best of luck to you whatever you decide.

#5 06-11-06 17:57:13

Macavity
Verified Member

THanks jegtag. How did you make contact with them via this forum? Did someone just notice your post or did you start a new thread with a plea?

#6 06-11-06 18:35:46

jegtag
Verified Member

Hi there.  It was quite by chance really.  I posted an earlier thread about training for my part 2 and he pm'd me to say if I needed any help/advise to contact him.  I left it a little while until I needed to find out some nursery routes for the town he mainly taught in (my first freebie pupil came from there) and he called me up, gave me advice re nursery routes and asked if I wanted to sit in on some pupils he was teaching.  It kind of went from there really.  He's now training to become an ordit registered part 2 and 3 trainer as well, so I can kind of help him out with that one.  I think it was a case of right place, right time.  It's working well so far tho!  Help comes in the most surprising ways sometimes!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 06-11-06 20:03:30

Macavity
Verified Member

I know THREE BSM lads who failed the p3 for the third time the SAME DAY i passed!

Very nice for you I am sure but perhaps a little sad for them.

Thank you for the information anyway.

#8 06-11-06 21:36:14

luchell

I trained with Bsm and i passed all three parts first time.  smile

#9 06-11-06 22:59:18

Karenadi

I went on pink with BSM having trained with TIC: had it for 6 weeks and passed first time too.  Always grateful for the help I received from all concerned.  Paul 1971 is right though: the pink is a useful learning tool: it is not meant as a licence to print money.

#10 08-11-06 08:17:42

Macavity
Verified Member

Thanks for the information. It sounds like large companies tend to use the pink ticket as a good earner for themsleves by tying you into a contract. I won't be doing the franchise thing long term as I don't really want to work 45 hours per week and I think that that is the only way to make it pay.

I am not sure what I shall do about practice though!

#11 08-11-06 08:56:44

Karenadi

Is there anyone else training locally to you?  It is good to link up with a training buddy.

Also, the national training company didn't tie you into a contract when I was there.  I benefitted from their help, but went independant as soon as I possibly could, which wasn't actually my intention, but circumstances forced the issue.  Be worth looking into it.  Being with a large school on a franchise can help you get off the ground, particularly as the going is quite tough at this time of year.

PM for further advice.

#12 08-11-06 14:48:51

Macavity
Verified Member

Thanks. I am just about to start my 40 hours part 3 training and the thing about being tied into a full franchise for 6 months on a pink ticket was something I had seen here so I will check that out thoroughly.

The national training company have actually been good so far - apart from the frustrating 80 mile round trip to their training centre :x - particularly the guys on the ground as it were, who have been lovely.

#13 08-11-06 20:55:04

Karenadi

See the other post re PDIs and where to go on a pink: just put big post on there: not typing it out again.  lol

Board footer