You are not logged in.

#1 02-11-06 15:36:27

sandrah

changing down gears!!!

Hi I found your site yesterday and have found it very useful!

My name is Sandra I am 29 years old from Bristol.  At the end of last year I had 18 hours of lessons and quit after Xmas as I was extremely nervous and getting self in state so I decided to have a break.  I have just built the confidence back up to start again and have had 4 lessons with a new instructor who is great. 

However, I am still extremely nervous and still lack confidence but am determined not to let it beat me.  I seem to be struggling with the clutch and in particular changing down of gears.  I am fine when I have to stop but if I am approaching a junction or roundabout and need to change to a lower a gear I either forget or panic and unless my instructor helps me I always seem to mess it up.  Its as if my brain does not register it!!  I have no trouble at all with changing up the gears but this is getting me down and is effecting my nerves as I do not want to go to my lessons because of it. 

Hope this all makes sense and someone can help?

Thanks

02-11-06 15:36:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: changing down gears!!!

#2 02-11-06 16:38:21

woode
Verified Member

Hi
Try to talk yourself through the MSPSGL routine on the approach to the junction/roudabout,and slow the car down more to give yourself more time to change gear a bit sooner before the turn.
Good luck

CHEERS DAVE

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 02-11-06 22:53:47

Karenadi

Hi
Try to talk yourself through the MSPSGL routine on the approach to the junction/roudabout,and slow the car down more to give yourself more time to change gear a bit sooner before the turn.
Good luck

Did you mean: LG at the end: I usually get them to look then decide on gear.

Good advice above: try and use it for all approaches, then you'll start to do it habitually and not have to think about it all the while.

#4 10-11-06 17:58:36

chasbart
Verified Member

great advice above...slow yourself down on approach to junctions and mini roundabouts/roundabouts etc to buy yourself time. than look at the road ahead to see what is happening.
chas

chas

Board footer