You are not logged in.

#1 29-10-06 09:11:49

DaveAddison
Verified Member

Hi Everyone !

My name's Dave. I live in Warrington, Cheshire and after a period in the wilderness I've decided to re-train as an ADI. I did this orginally in 1993 when I was disallusioned with my job of 17years - worked part-time independently. And guess what? I'm in the same boat now !!!

48years old and fed up of being a batch chicken in a call centre and want my independence again. WOW - have the training prices gone up! I trained originally in Birkenhead with the Driver Instructors Training Establishment - don't know what happened to those guys - probably dead to be honest ! hehehe

Strangely - I'm quite nervous this time. Not sure why. Still to choose who I'm going to train with. Couple of people in mind. Does anyone have any thoughts about ORBIT? Do you think it's important to train with an ORBIT registered ADI?

Anyhows - Hello to you all - Please introduce yourself.

Best wishes

Dave.

29-10-06 09:11:49

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hi Everyone !

#2 29-10-06 10:24:42

luchell

Hi there and welcome to the forum. There may be someone on here who can recommend a trainer local to you, good luck with the training i'm sure it won't be as daunting once you get going again.

#3 29-10-06 11:13:04

DaveAddison
Verified Member

Sorry folks... think it should have been ORDIT.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 29-10-06 11:20:26

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Hello Dave and welcome, there's quite a few threads in the trainers section about ORDIT, it can be very controversial, just read as much as you can before handing any cash over!

#5 29-10-06 11:20:37

Evan

I trained with an ORDIT registered trainer, but I didn't go with him because he was ORDIT registered, I went with him because he's the best in this area. Get referrals from people who have trained with someone is what I would advise. Ev

#6 29-10-06 11:35:52

DaveAddison
Verified Member

timmanwaringadi...

Like your website Tim!

Cheers.

#7 29-10-06 11:36:31

DaveAddison
Verified Member

Evan...

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers.

#8 29-10-06 11:46:47

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Dave, I appreciate it! Any suggestions are welcome, I'm just building the business, so I have time to add stuff if you think anything else would be useful!

#9 29-10-06 13:28:40

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hiya Dave and welcome, your not far from me big_smile

Giz

#10 29-10-06 13:40:01

DaveAddison
Verified Member

Giz...

Cool.

Thanks for dropping by and saying hi!

#11 29-10-06 14:06:15

msdarcy721

Hi Dave,

good luck with your training, and welcome smile

i'm quite by you actually. in sunny Runcorn. sunny for the first time today actually in a while lol wonder whether you have our good weather too lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 29-10-06 16:19:27

Gizmotime
Administrator

Giz...

Cool.

Thanks for dropping by and saying hi!

That's ok Dave, I'm a northern lass and you know we are friendly :oops: big_smile nudge nudge wink wink say no more big_smile big_smile

#13 29-10-06 16:35:57

DaveAddison
Verified Member

msdarcy721...

interesting... part of my pink badge work was done in Runcorn many many moons ago! (smiles).

Thanks for dropping by.

#14 29-10-06 17:17:42

msdarcy721

oh gosh, what a small world it is lol

good luck xxxxxxxxx smile

#15 29-10-06 23:29:18

posh
Verified Member

hi and welcome to the forum 8-)

#16 30-10-06 08:08:16