You are not logged in.

#1 20-03-04 00:29:25

jonks

How did you feel with your first student?

You al must have been so nervous with your first student. For the benefit of our wannabe instructors, how did you battle the nerves of your first student? And how long did it take to really settle into the job?

20-03-04 00:29:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: How did you feel with your first student?

#2 20-03-04 07:25:52

Liesa

I don't know who was more nervous, me or my pupil.

All you have to do is remember your training, and concentrate on the lesson, it worked for me!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 20-03-04 08:39:49

bigred
Verified Member
Website

I bluffed my way through the first 20 minutes, then the car broke down!
a small lead had come of the condenser and it took me another 20 mins to find it and get going again.

I lost the pupil!

But he started again a year or so later and passed 1st time.

Regards,

#4 20-03-04 10:55:52

Bob_FOADS

Odd realy, I wasn't nervous as I recall. As long as you remember that you know more than them it should be OK.

#5 20-03-04 14:54:56

rusty
Verified Member
Website

Just looked at the records for my first pupil 7/10/02, dont remember being nervous with any of them. This pupil who was a very steady driver went on to fail 2 tests on silly mistakes( lane pos/fail to react to green traffic signal arrow). Nervous I guess.
Funnily enough he rang me yest and starts back lessons on Mon.
I would say that its taken me almost 12 months since qualifying to develop and gain practical skills. Still more to learn smile.

#6 24-03-04 17:39:54

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I can remember her name and place of pick up etc, dont think ill forget either !!

It went well i think but then it could have been better. There are some things you dont learn weith part 1,2 or 3 but you pick them up along the way, I think in the first 2 years is when you learn most about teaching the public how to drive.

#7 25-03-04 22:23:29

crazymaddriver

i'm getting my first pupil in just over a weeks time when i start as a pdi i'm feeling calm at the mo but i'm sure that will change on the day!! but i'm rally looking forward to it.

#8 26-03-04 07:56:59

Liesa

Hi Crazzymaddriver

Good luck with your 1st pupil just relax and enjoy it, after all that's what all your training so far as been about.

Keep us informed. wink

Board footer