You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#101 05-08-06 11:51:39

ActiveDI
Verified Member

Re: Vauxhall Corsa.

Used to have problems with my Corsa handbrake, but mechanic said it just needed proper adjustment.  Never been an issue since.

I asked for it to be investigated at the local Vauxhall dealership and was told there was nothing wrong with it by the service department, thats just how they are!  Sounds like my leg was being pulled methinks.  Glad I didn't go for another Vauxhall this time if thats how they run aftersales!

05-08-06 11:51:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#102 05-08-06 17:44:32

johnp
Verified Member

The dealers work to the book rather than the needs of the client.
I insist that my Yaris H/b is adjusted to no more than 4 notches.
The book says 4-8 so even when it is unusable it is still classed as OK.

I got my requirements to be added to the computer so they have no excuse.

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

#103 05-08-06 21:00:18

Karenadi

I asked for it to be investigated at the local Vauxhall dealership and was told there was nothing wrong with it by the service department, thats just how they are!  Sounds like my leg was being pulled methinks.  Glad I didn't go for another Vauxhall this time if thats how they run aftersales!
[/quote]

You need a personal mechanic.  Never use aftersales unless mechanic says it's a warranty job.  Is cheaper: he is honest: services when I don't need the car.  Breakdowns/urgent repairs usually dealt with same day - it is so well worth while. 

#104 05-08-06 21:49:34

la.monikita
Verified Member

one of the reasons i got one more is a garage where they(i think need the business) and i got the truth, ie my one came up with service at 14.5k and a local wj-king welling said "oh it's an instructors car it knows how many time it been restarted" yeah like i will BELIVE YOU wane kerr, but i still serviced the car. then they were 2 busy 2 work asap, so i looked around. another one in farningham (kent) TELSS ME the truth, next service is 40k! ok ta, did at 33k so i can drive serviced car am going 2 sell soon  roll. need to find mechanic i can trust, hubby (diy) would do, but it's a guarantee job, need to find the ones that care  roll

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#105 06-08-06 15:22:33

confused
Verified Member
Website

I have an 03 plate 1.7 SXi DTi (16v).

Loads of torque, possibly too much. Great on fuel, good vision. Used as the family car as well, got it in Feb and done 10k already.

As I was in the motor trade years ago I know what main dealers are like. I had it serviced at our main Vaux dealer while it was under warrenty. Couple of repairs to be done but they "forgot" these and did the expensive stuff. Tried to charge me £6.50 for a key battery, £56 for a door repair - wasn't touched. Gave the service manager a grilling and told him I'd pass my comments onto other instructors.

Great car - crap dealers.
Find a local garage that does all and keep using them to build up business relationship, you teach staff/relatives to drive, they give you discount.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#106 18-08-06 15:25:36

wanderlust
Verified Member
Website

Abs warning light came on yesterday. Went to my fave mechanic who plugged it in to that thingy and diagnosed it was a problem with the nearside abs sensor.

Phoned local vauxhall dealer to book it in to be fixed under warranty and they inform me that there is an outstanding recall on the abs due to a faulty earth wire.
Worst case scenario is that it could catch fire. Btw, the recall is nowt to do with the problem  I've got ( sensor bracket bent ?)

I hadn't read about this anywhere so I'm just posting  to inform other Corsa owners who don't know about it.
http://www.whatcar.com/news-article.aspx?NA=219272
Hope the weather with you is better than it is here in Hollyoaks country smile

da diddley qa qa da diddley qa qa

#107 18-08-06 16:01:28

VandADI
Administrator

Hi wanderlust,
There was a thread about this about five months ago  yikes

http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/fo … pic=8714.0

#108 18-08-06 16:10:01

wanderlust
Verified Member
Website

Bit thick then aren't I ? yikes

da diddley qa qa da diddley qa qa

#109 18-08-06 18:18:45

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
Don't shout to loud, whisper instead, DSA don't appear to have heard about it, it doesn't show on their web site   

#110 18-08-06 18:27:07

VandADI
Administrator

#111 18-08-06 18:34:28

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Funnily enough I saw this on the recall list in the TC today,

#112 18-08-06 19:58:43

confused
Verified Member
Website

The TC has a Pug recall but no mention of the Corsa. Mine is too old.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#113 19-08-06 23:46:24

Jellybean
Verified Member

Confused, I've seen the one about the pug.  Strangely enough in the Leighton Buzzard TC neither is up on the notice board.

Jellybean big_smile

#114 24-10-06 22:33:25

xtreme888
Verified Member

Hiya,

Might have posted this in the wrong section, so please accept my apology.
Just wondering have anyone driven the above car and what their commets on it ?
Renewing my car in november....i am using a pug 206 HDI at moment, and woz thinking of a 207 HDi.

Thanks

#115 25-10-06 06:39:16

adi
Verified Member
Website

Hi xtreme888, i am test driving this very car today in my lunch time. I will let you know my opinion later tonight!!!!

#116 25-10-06 17:52:25

adi
Verified Member
Website

Hi again,
Well i had a drive today of the new 1.2 petrol and 1.3 cdti 5 door. Well i have to say i want one, and I WANT ONE RIGHT NOW!!!!
The build quality is just so much better than the prsent corsa, the doors have a lot more weight and the car feels very sturdy. It feels much bigger than the present model and looks much bigger too. The windscreen is bigger and seems further away giving a feel of alot more room which there is anyway. I was worried about reports of visiblity to the rear being really bad but it isn't that bad, the headrestraints sink into the seats so there won't be any need to remove them to help visibility for short pupils! The 3 door has rear side windows that cut right back into the pillar which should be okay for left reverse. Both models were really nice to drive, very smooth and much, much quieter. I even managed to move away in the petrol with no gas and clutch alone quite quickly which i can't even do in my present diesel!  Once a pupil settles in they will love it. HOWEVER, i must add there are a few things which i don't like. Firstly the glove compartment may aswell not be there, you could put a highway code in it standing on it's end and it will be full! Waste of time! The door mirrors are a triangular shape and not very clear to see behind, but saying that it was tipping down! Which brings me to the wipers and indicators. The switches return to the same position regardless of what they are switched to, so pupils are going to have fun when they 'knock' the switch by accident in working out what setting it's on if you get my drift. The one car i couldn't seem to switch the rear wiper off at all. The indicators have a setting where you can tap the switch and it will flash so many times and switch off, for proper indication you tap harder and listen for a 'click' to know that they are on properley, you will have to try it for yourself to see what i mean. Not a problem for most but i can see some possible frustration with pupils who struggle with controls! and will indicate when they don't intend to and not indicate properley when they want to!! The lights switch is in the same place but the dimmer switches for the dash and the headlight adjuster have been intergrated and you really need to get your head down to your knee to see what you are doing as they are tiny and fiddly. Some of the controls have been made of a transparent plastic to look funky but just look cheap and anything other than funky. Overall though i wanted to come away with one, it's a totally different car and feels so much better, i can live with the 'fiddly' bits and the annoying lights. When i got back in my corsa it felt tiny, cramped, noisy and rough which made me want to place my order even more. Go and test drive one, it will grow on you by the second!!!

#117 11-03-07 16:55:38

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

Hi All any one out there got a corsa and had the spedo/tacho and temp gauge fail all at once thats what has happened to me today any ideas

#118 11-03-07 21:16:47

tmg555
Verified Member

Blimey alan you have got a naughty one hav'nt you. For all those things to go at once it sounds like a blown fuse, I bought my 1.2 sxi corsa nearly 1 year ago, it still had 1 year warrenty left on it, shortly after buying it i started to notice a very nasty clonking noise coming from the nearside everytime i went over bumps or over potholes, i knew it should,nt be doing that so i took it to my local vauxhall dealer, they said they had an idea what it was and booked it in. Well it went in and i got a call from them and they said it was'nt what they thought it was, and that it needed a new steering rack, i was surprised as the car had only done 20000 miles. They had to order it so i collected the car and it went back in the next week. They fitted the new steering rack and i picked the car up, and gues what no difference whatsoever still clonked. So i took it back they looked at it and said it needed new sub frame bushes so they fitted them and it still made no difference, went back in again, and they said it needed a new steering rack, even though it had just had a new one fitted, they said the recent one they fitted was faulty. So it went back in and had a second new steering rack fitted, i picked it up and guess what, yes no difference whatsoever. Of course i was getting peed off by now i asked "dont your mechanics road test the car after repairs to see if clonking had gone" he said yes they do and they said it was alright. So i went out in the car with a mechanic cos now i was thinking maybe its me, but no the mechanic confirmed it should not be making that noise. So anyway it went back in again for "exploritory" work to be carried out thats when they found the problem, it was what they called a captive nut in the subframe that had come loose, but they did'nt have one in stock and would have to order it. So it back in about a week later and came out and low and behold the clonking had gone, after all that it was down to a loose nut. Must have cost vauxhall well over a grand to do all they did to my car. Touch wood it has been fine ever since and the warranty ran out about a  month ago.

Les Hayes
Approved Driving Instructor
For driving lessons in and around the Reading area
www.hayes-driving-lessons.co.uk
Tel 0118 9626 473

#119 12-03-07 22:18:56

Scattyem
Verified Member

hey Alan, just read some of your thread, maybe a new car may be a better idea!!!! lol!!!!!!

Had a vauxhall meriva that needed a new steering column at the tender age of two!!
Must be a vauxhall thing! You'd have thought they'd sort that to save on money and time!!!

hope you get your car sorted!!

Em

Gremlin Driver training. The empire starts...........

#120 12-03-07 22:23:27

Karenadi
Verified Member

Got  upgraded steering on the new Corsa: is beautiful: loving it.  Not had a problem with it in 3000 miles. ;D

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#121 12-03-07 22:24:51

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

(from behind the barricades -  big_smile :evil: - at all the vauxhall drivers!)

(nice to see you back karen!)

#122 12-03-07 22:28:45

Karenadi
Verified Member

:evil: :evil:

Love my Corsa: no one will make me change my mind: but I've always had good service from the garage I go to, and have a personal mechanic that sorts my car instantly: that is always helpful. (Not that I've had that many issues anyway).

Feel for all those that have probems: it must be a bit of bad luck, because I'm sure they all look after their cars.

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#123 12-03-07 22:31:28

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Glad you're back Karen, I have to admit, if I had an excellent garage near me that sold corsas, and a slightly iffy garage that sold toyotas I would go for the corsa - it really can make a huge difference. But as my local toyota garages are both ok I'm gonna stick with the Yaris.

#124 15-03-07 17:30:34

TC
Verified Member
Website

Just turned 11000 miles on my new Corsa without a scrap of trouble,much better than old shape and much improved build quality.I dont think we will see as many gripes re the new shaped Corsa.

#125 04-08-07 20:26:37

L33d5.dr
Verified Member

Hello,
      My Clio has gone for some repairs doing so I've got a Corsa 1.2 sxi from the insurance company.There was no user manual so there are a couple of things I can't work out how to do.Everytime I start the car the radio comes on,is there a way to stop it coming on automaticaly.I know it's only a case of pressing the button to turn it off but it scares my pupils when they start it up and then Black Sabbath booms out of the speakers.Does the petrol cap open with the central locking or is there a button to press somewhere.I had to force the cap open yesterday to fill up.Can anyone help.Thanks.

Board footer