You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 18-10-06 07:09:39

Target
Verified Member
Website

Diploma in Driving Instruction

Browsing the information from the DIA and also the overall costs of the course.

Is it necessary to purchase all the study workbooks exam papers self study pack. My feelings are YES!, because looking at some of the questions I'd need all the help I can get. However. Add these up your much much short of £100.

The information states costs of the exams are around £40 each with possible extra local costs, thats brings in another £200-£250.

Would I need extra studying material on top of this. If so, What?.

Any other information would be appreciated relative to the actual course, how long it took you, how easy or hard did you find it.

Thanks

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

18-10-06 07:09:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Diploma in Driving Instruction

#2 18-10-06 16:04:31

copone
Verified Member

I took my diploma for advanced instruction with ROSPA. Had to get to know the Roadcraft book together with the Highway Code (again) backside first and inside out. I found the course very laid back providing you know your stuff. It took 5 days, at a cost of about £850. It is obviously up to the individual, but I enjoyed the course. No doubt other instructors will have a difference of opinion. Good luck.

ADI. Class 1 Police Advanced. HGV Class 1. Member of IAM AND DIA. Rospa Gold. National Diploma for Advanced Instruction. and Examiner. IAM fleet trainer. Safed trainer.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 18-10-06 16:31:34

pj
Verified Member

Any other information would be appreciated relative to the actual course, how long it took you, how easy or hard did you find it.

Thanks

Well i passed, and i'm a thicko  roll, did it over 2 years, 2 exams the first year and then 3 the next. Just make sure you read the whole question paper , hey hector wink :lol:xxxx

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#4 18-10-06 21:05:20

Karenadi

I did the course about 2 years ago, and with exam fees and study material it cost me well over £500.  AND what is really good is they still managed to ask questions NOT covered in the guides and recommended reading: 'cos we kept the papers and tried to look some of the answers up after and they just weren't there.  They make up their own rules as they go along.  Managed to pass parts 3 and 5: will go for the other three again next year. 

You need to give it loads of time and work through all the papers and guides: we set up a self study group and lucky for us some instructor trainers that had already passed joined us and helped out loads.

#5 18-10-06 22:08:27

Target
Verified Member
Website

Thanks. Informative so far. When I think back to my Part 1 studying, I sat down for what felt like 3-4 months solid. I was only working part-time so I put all my spare time into it.

Looking at some of the example questions from the DIA website, I would not even know where to start, thats being totally honest.

Because worry is starting something I'll be able to finish, does anyone know how this compares the an NVQ level 3, which was being offered by the instructor college?.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#6 18-10-06 22:15:49

Karenadi

As far as I can see the NVQ level 3 is total @?#*.  I went once, met the assessor who was a total wayne ker, and so I never returned.  Photocopy your badge and stick it in a folder: get the manual out of your car and put it in a wallet: !!!!!!!! waste of time.

Diploma gave me loads of food for thought: it gave me alot more knowledge than I had and gave me loads more confidence.  It can also count as the first year of the degree in Driver training at Middlesex Uni if you choose to carry on.

I know which one I'd go for.  Hard work, and you won't earn any more money from it, but it'll help you improve as an instructor no end.  I know I felt it did me.

Board footer