You are not logged in.

#1 12-10-06 17:02:19

DampDog
Verified Member

Perfect training car

I've sort of been nosing around and looking at potential training cars, but as yet can't find one that ticks all the boxes. So can anyone build me one of these.

Visibility and general user friendliness of a Micra.
Toyota 2l D4D engine (180bhp one)
VW/Toyota build quality.
Mini cheeq
Looks of a Porsche 911
Oh and £10-11Kmax

smile

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

12-10-06 17:02:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Perfect training car

#2 12-10-06 18:50:08

hector
Verified Member
Website

VW golf GT tdi cant do the last 2 but first 4 are easy!

Shove all the good bits in some french rubbish and that'll reduce the price.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#3 12-10-06 19:00:43

DampDog
Verified Member

Probably gonna end up sticking with me Polo 1.9 TDi Sport, not new but wearing it's age well. Better the devil you know to get me going. Does 50+mpg, never let me down, only thing it's on an 02 so will be 5 after Xmas (Even though it still looks new) Have to be good and see what Santa brings.... big_smile big_smile

Do have a soft spot for V'dubs though been driving em for almost 16 years ( I know I'm a sad old git...)  smile

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#4 12-10-06 19:24:14

hector
Verified Member
Website

Stick with it your pupils will love it, bang on a private plate

DD1 DOG or something and your home and dry!!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 12-10-06 19:35:18

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Hector, didn't you mention you had a skoda fabia VRS once? Surely that fits the bill except the porsche looks?
Mine would be:
Electric/hydrogen powered
0-60 in under 8 seconds
Comfort/quality of a landcruiser
Size of a Yaris
Last for 10 years without any trouble
Off road ability of a landy 90
Convert from manual to auto at the flick of a switch
Looks of a BMW
Any suggestions?!

Board footer