You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 10-10-06 11:59:44

gazmanw
Verified Member
Website

Timescales for pink

Hi there, I've just passed Part 1 and have a test date of 9/11 for part 2.

I want to go on a pink as soon as I pass, has anybody got any idea of how long it takes to arrange/setup?

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Gareth

Driving lessons in Norwich, Wymondham and Aylsham

www.licence2drive.org/

10-10-06 11:59:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Timescales for pink

#2 10-10-06 12:29:29

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

If you pass your part 2 first time you will then have to do 40 hours training before you can get a pink are u with a training est

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#3 10-10-06 12:47:23

luchell

Yep as Captain hook says you will have to have 40 hours part three training before being able to go on a pink badge. When i trained Bsm did do well to get my 40 hours training done by the time i actually passed part two however had i have failed all three attempts at part two i had been made aware i would NOT be entitled to a refund for the part three trining as i would have already had it. I knew i wasn't going to blow part two so happily took the training so i could start on a pink asap after passing part 2  smile

#4 10-10-06 21:58:59

chasbart
Verified Member

hi gaz,
just to echo what the others said...you must do your 40 hours, which only really takes a few weeks than you send off for your pink which takes about a week...so approx 3-4 weeks mate.
chas

chas

#5 10-10-06 22:03:23

Karenadi

Don't forget what the pink is for though: it's for training: not a licence to print money: if you don't use it wisely you may find yourself out of your depth, and it could actually hinder your chances of passing part 3, which doesn't really resemble reality.  Pink is great for confidence, but keep it in prospective.

#6 10-10-06 22:05:01

luchell

It depends chas, some people only do one or two hours a week so for them it takes alot longer. smile

#7 11-10-06 08:26:24

chasbart
Verified Member

hi luchell,
very true mate. i was only going by my own experiences i guess. i was in a lucky position of being able to do my 40 hours on a full time basis because i was not working at the time. (took voluntary redundancy from royal mail)...so yes it depends on the individual and how quick they can do the 40 hours. but yes you are correct mate i should have stated that in my original post so as not to confuse others.
  just to echo what karenadi said...the pink is not a license to print money. my advice to anybody going on a pink is to USE the pupils as guinea pigs(horrible expression i know) but please please please stick to the PSTs as this is what you will be graded on your test.
another thing i found helpful was to get somebody else who is in the same boat..ie a training buddy and bounce ideas off of each other.
chas

chas

Board footer