You are not logged in.

#1 02-10-06 18:01:51

copone
Verified Member

Check test - Fleet

Might be in the wrong room here. I've recently registered on the Fleet register. I am waiting for my first check test as an ADI. If I decide to do a fleet check test no doubt I shall have to notify the SE asap. Has anyone done a fleet check test, and what did you do and how did it go. Thanks. PS. Or should I keep it simple and do an ordinary check test.

ADI. Class 1 Police Advanced. HGV Class 1. Member of IAM AND DIA. Rospa Gold. National Diploma for Advanced Instruction. and Examiner. IAM fleet trainer. Safed trainer.

02-10-06 18:01:51

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check test - Fleet

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 02-10-06 18:18:24

whodareswins
Verified Member

Might be in the wrong room here. I've recently registered on the Fleet register. I am waiting for my first check test as an ADI. If I decide to do a fleet check test no doubt I shall have to notify the SE asap. Has anyone done a fleet check test, and what did you do and how did it go. Thanks. PS. Or should I keep it simple and do an ordinary check test.

When you receive the letter informing you that a check test has been scheduled, you inform the SE at that point that you are on the Fleet Register.  You do not have a choice as to what type of check test you want. You WILL be Fleet check tested. On the other hand, one of my colleagues was in exactly the same situation as you and made some enquiries at the DSA. He was told that as he had  qualified as a Fleet trainer before receiving his first check test, they would recognise his (fleet part 3) qualification in lieu of the check test and that he could use the mark he got on the fleet part 3 as his ADI grade.

HTH

Percy

Grade 6 ADI/Fleet Trainer, SAFED Registered Trainer, Qualified BTEC Assessor

#3 02-10-06 21:47:15

ExAdiNigel

You CAN choose to do a standard ADI check test even if you are fleet registered.  Only problem then is that you will then have to do a second check test for your fleet badge, much simpler to just do the one.  Incidentally, I do believe that a check test should be done for both, there are many that only do fleet work and will confess that they would struggle to teach a learner now.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 03-10-06 07:10:13

whodareswins
Verified Member

You CAN choose to do a standard ADI check test even if you are fleet registered.  Only problem then is that you will then have to do a second check test for your fleet badge, much simpler to just do the one.  Incidentally, I do believe that a check test should be done for both, there are many that only do fleet work and will confess that they would struggle to teach a learner now.

Nigel

Nigel,

Maybe I have misunderstood something but here is a direct quote from the latest version of the ADI 1 (Sept 2006):

4.4 FLEET REGISTERED ADI’S
If an ADI is registered as a fleet trainer they must conduct a fleet check test. Where the ADI attends with a learner driver the examiner should offer to conduct a ‘fleet’ role play check test. The assessment of a fleet check test does not differ from that of a normal check test, however, the structure does.

Percy

#5 03-10-06 15:23:24

copone
Verified Member

This is for whodareswins. In relation to the latter part of your comment about your friend contacting the DSA. I did my fleet training with ROSPA. Received distinction on all tests. Which mark or grade can I be for a check test.

ADI. Class 1 Police Advanced. HGV Class 1. Member of IAM AND DIA. Rospa Gold. National Diploma for Advanced Instruction. and Examiner. IAM fleet trainer. Safed trainer.

#6 03-10-06 20:09:07

hector
Verified Member
Website

Everybody seems very confused about fleet check test DONT PANIC SO ARE THE DSA!

Several mates have recently been check tested with learners when on the fleet register?????? They chose this rather than a fleet test bizarlly, with the assurance a fleet one will follow at some stage.

The problem i think is SE's trained to check test fleet- ie not enough!!
The fleet badge is a higher qualification and as such you MUST receive a fleet check test rather than a normal one as in the guidelines quoted above.

Trouble is of course have the SE's read the guidelines! I recently enquired to the SE who trains others for fleet training and was assured fleet registered adi's must have a fleet test, but obviously it aint happening yet.

Capone i really cant see you being able to use fleet course grade as your ADI grade?? .Presumably the person in question qualified with the DSA and not an accredited course.Even with this cant see this being correct,

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#7 04-10-06 10:25:17

whodareswins
Verified Member

This is for whodareswins. In relation to the latter part of your comment about your friend contacting the DSA. I did my fleet training with ROSPA. Received distinction on all tests. Which mark or grade can I be for a check test.

The Fleet courses given by most of the accredited providers follows the DSA regime/syllabus of a Part 1, 2 and 3 examinination. On the Fleet Part 3, you are marked under the individual core competencies and given a final marking/grade. It is this marking that the DSA said they would accept as his ADI grade. I don't know how the RoSPA diploma is structured so I can't comment.

Percy

#8 04-10-06 14:44:37

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Percy,
I run an accredited fleet course and understand what you are saying, the DSA certainly havn't advised me that this is the case!
Its like saying new ADI's can use their part 3 grade as their ADI grade!

Ill check with them!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#9 04-10-06 20:55:44

whodareswins
Verified Member

Hi Percy,
I run an accredited fleet course and understand what you are saying, the DSA certainly havn't advised me that this is the case!
Its like saying new ADI's can use their part 3 grade as their ADI grade!

Ill check with them!

Hector,

Remember the circumstances of the ADI I mentioned. He completed his Fleet registration before receiving his first check test after qualifying as an ADI more than 4 years ago. Maybe it is the shortage of qualified fleet check testers that prompted the DSA to say that to him? Maybe they said it just to get him off the phone?

But on the same topic. What do you do as an ADI who hasn't had a check test since qualifying? Do you just tell everyone that you are "ungraded"?

Percy

#10 05-10-06 06:24:46

ExAdiNigel

....But on the same topic. What do you do as an ADI who hasn't had a check test since qualifying? Do you just tell everyone that you are "ungraded"?
Percy

Tell 'em you haven't been checktested yet?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer