You are not logged in.

#1 01-10-06 14:34:41

Leprechaun

IAM National Conference

Is anyone here going to the IAM National Conference at Alton Towers next Saturday  :?

I got the dubious honour of being selected to go as I'm the only person in our group under the age of 30 and that was what the IAM specifically requested  roll

It would be nice to meet up if anyone else is going - put some faces and real names to avatars. I promise i don't dress in green and sit in a pot of gold all day  big_smile

01-10-06 14:34:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: IAM National Conference

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 01-10-06 20:19:01

ExAdiNigel

....I got the dubious honour of being selected to go as I'm the only person in our group under the age of 30 and that was what the IAM specifically requested  roll....

Isn't it now illegal to discriminate on age?  big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 01-10-06 20:23:02

Gizmotime
Administrator

Leprechaun wrote:

....I got the dubious honour of being selected to go as I'm the only person in our group under the age of 30 and that was what the IAM specifically requested  roll....

Isn't it now illegal to discriminate on age?  big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

Nigel

Hi Nigel it is your right, The IAM did NOT specifically request any age group, they actually said that it would be good IF "younger" members attended. wink
I was going to go but unfortunatly I can't got other things on that day.

#4 02-10-06 20:40:56

Leprechaun

ok i might have worded it differently but the letter definitely said something like "If possible could one of your delegates please be under the age of 30"

Now if thats not specifically requesting i don't know what is!

#5 03-10-06 16:07:53

Gizmotime
Administrator

It's ok not to worry, I was having a bad day yesterday wink It was suggested that a person of the age of 30 or under could attend but it doesn't matter if they don't wink

It's a boring day anyway big_smile

Board footer