You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 11-09-06 08:05:13

la.monikita
Verified Member

how do you do yours?

upon reading an article in the adi mag, re tax matters, i was wondering how everyone is doing theirs.

it said in the article that you should put all your money in the bank and then draw on it. so things like petrol should never be paid cash. yikes

well i don't put all the money in the bank but use some to buy petrol and necessities, which does not mean i don't declare it but it saves me going to a cashpoint to take cash out (pointless yikes)

what are your thoughts? lol

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

11-09-06 08:05:13

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: how do you do yours?

#2 11-09-06 10:23:49

driverpete
Verified Member

I often use cash in hand to buy fuel or miscellaneous items. As long as you are scrupulous in accounting for it there's no problem.

RoSPA Gold
Retired RoSPA Approved Tutor
Retired NDAC & NDAS trainer
Retired ADI

#3 12-09-06 10:12:14

Target
Verified Member
Website

I do it the same way most do it im sure.

I have a brand new gleaming shinning business account with Abbey National. GREAT!!!.

However. The idea was to separate all my business costs and personal. If I did 30 hours at £20 per hour then i would pay in £ 600 whether that be cash or cheques.

By eck.........In the real world the Abbey does not have an overdraft and I need the overdraft to survive at the moment.

Its ideal but for me its going to take a while longer before a can separate the two.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#4 12-09-06 12:28:55

Karenadi

I keep a separate credit card for ALL work expenses: transfer a set amount every week into a savings a/c (work expenses), then pay the card bill in full every month: therefore no interest charges, full account of expenditure AND tax free rewards into the bargain!

Accountants idea: works for me.

#5 26-09-06 22:25:16

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

I buy all my petrol on the household card as we get points and points mean good deals ie Tesco credit card. All the cash and cheques go in the bank ( off setting the mortgage ) then once a month bang, big tesco credit card bill

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#6 27-09-06 10:07:07

kjs
Verified Member
Website

I always pay cash for whatever I'm getting. Fuel, stationary, repairs, ie tyres service etc. If I were to bank it and use a card to pay, I wouldn't have enough left in the bank to pay for anything.

Plus, no bank charges for using cheques or in some cases , cash machines.

kjs

#7 27-09-06 19:55:26

phil jackson
Verified Member
Website

We have a separate business account, including any standing orders for car and advertising also a debit card for the business account all business transactions
are visible with a monthly bank statement private account is separate a lot easier to keep track. I pay for all business expenses using debit card including petrol.
Regards Phil Jackson

phil jackson
phillipjackson@adeptdrive.co.uk
tel 01462-636423
ADI's Wanted Stevenage,Letchworth,Hitchin,Baldock
N.Herts

Board footer