You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 24-09-06 16:23:54

smdtr

Bank Credit Card Charges

Just in case there are people who do not know about this, the OFT recently ruled that banks and credit card providers have been charging too much for late payments and rejected direct debits etc. 

You can challenge banks etc about charges made to you and get them back, I believe over the past 6 years.  You just have to dig your heals in.

Here is some information

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bi … 0760,24632,

24-09-06 16:23:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Bank Credit Card Charges

#2 24-09-06 16:33:36

luchell

Well i got TONS of bank charges last few months they charged me 25 quid everytime something came out over the overdraft excpet i wasn't aware i was in it due to a rather large payment i had to make   roll My fault yes but the charges amounted to over 300 pounds in 3 months which obviously makes things harder trying to pay charges as well. When i spoke to Hsbc over the phone the bloke was rather rude and told me simple answer, in the future sort myself out and dont go over  yikes  roll So i don't think i will get far since as i already tried bringing this up with them  neutral

#3 24-09-06 16:52:43

smdtr

Follow the approach at the website and you'll get it back. 
It works but you have to dig your heals in.

#4 24-09-06 21:37:12

Jellybean
Verified Member

I got mine back on two occasions.  I just sent an email saying I thought it was an unrealistic charge and I would like it refunded.  I was very polite, but they did refund it.

If you don't try you don't find out and that is a lot of money Luchell.  Totally ludicrous amount to charge.  :police:  Interest yes, small admin fee perhaps.

There is a real big argument going on about bank charges so they are more likely to give it back as they don't really want anyone to challenge them in court and possibly lose. big_smile

I used email much easier in this instance that talking to someone. neutral

Jellybean

Board footer