You are not logged in.

#1 16-09-06 20:48:15

mickey b

Failed Again!

Hi, just wanted to introduce my self, failed my test for the 3rd time today, sooo disappointed, not to mention the cost, i have had over 50 lessons now and fail on something different each time, today was undue hesitation at a round about, the roundabout was so i busy i just couldn't gage when to get on, this made me panic cos i knew i was taking too long, although i had the handbrake on i was conscious of not losing the biting point to set off and nearly burnt the clutch out! which made me panic even more has this happended to anyone else? and how do you keep motivated to carry on.

mickey b  sad

16-09-06 20:48:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failed Again!

#2 16-09-06 21:37:30

Changing Directions
Verified Member
Website

Just keep thinking of the benefits you gain from:- Passing your driving test, accomplishing something difficult, proving the ?????? wrong.

You'll get it. Don't worry.

If you need to use the handbrake it may be a good idea to take time to press down on the clutch by just a little, about a pound coins thickness, or take it out of gear all together if the round about looks really clogged up. when the time comes to pull away you'll be relaxed and calm.

ADI Part 1 Passed 11/09/06
ADI Part 2 Passed 30/1/07

#3 16-09-06 21:50:09

mickey b

Hi, thanks for comments, the roundabout was a six exit one i found this really diffcult to judge when to join it, to me it just seemed to flow with traffic without a gap, however the examiner did point out to me various times when i could have joined but somehow this bypassed me although ive been round this roundabout so many times before! thats the trouble once i make a mistake it seems to throw me off course,last two examainers were so nice and put me totally at ease, sooo frustrating! today felt like giving up, but your right it is damn difficult but im gonna do it one way or another!. smile

#4 17-09-06 11:12:14

msdarcy721

hi mikey b

sorry to hear that hunni -- have you gone over the areas you haven't got quite right with your ADI? to be able to have a little more practise and put them right?

don't give up hunni, you've come this far wink

all is not lost. you will learn so much from your experiences, that you might not even realise yourself at the moment. it is a costly business sad but worth it when you have your full license in your hand, which you will wink

can you ask your ADI to go over roundabouts?

roundabouts were one of my areas of weakness, and after my mock test, i asked my ADI if i could go over them, and have some more practise. i was struggling, not so much getting onto them, but using the MSPSL system in approach.

but as they say, practise makes perfect, and the more you do, the more confidence you will have, getting some practise through doing them.

even now, i will do what you do. i will make sure, i'm prepared to move off, at the most appropriate time to emerge and get onto the roundabout; and make the most of the available gaps in the traffic flow on the roundabout.

good luck xxxxxxx smile

show the examiner just what mikey b is made of wink

#5 17-09-06 22:53:34

luchell

Hi and welcome. sorry to hear the outcome of your test but you will find yourself a more experienced driver at the end of it for the extra tests and lessons. I know its hard but the positives of keeping going way outweigh the negatives. Cost yes, but then it's a life skill.

It can be so disheartening after a couple of tests but once you have passed it will be so worthwhile. Hopefully your instructor will help build your confidence again and help you to strengthen any weaker areas that bother you.

Dont be afraid to ask your instructor if you go over certain things  smile

#6 18-09-06 18:06:56

mickey b

Hello, thanks for your support, so glad that i have found this site it helps to know that there are other facing the same challenges, I'm definitely going to carry on, got this far ! good luck to everyone out there. smile  xxx

#7 18-09-06 18:25:45

dwalin

hi i am so sorry you dident pass today just want to say keep going
you will pass and then you will be chuffed to bits.
dwalin

#8 18-09-06 18:57:52

mickey b

Hi, thanks for that, yes i will be so happy when it i finally get there!!xxx smile

#9 23-10-06 18:34:44

mickey b

Hi everyone hope you are all okay, havent posted for a while  been so busy, got my 4th test tommoorw, would appreciate any words of wisdom from anyone especially with the nerves got butterflys already!

#10 23-10-06 19:00:54

weesis2

Good Luck Mickey.
Just be positive, you know in yourself you are capable of doing the drive. Believe in yourself  big_smile
I was going to suggest you imagin the examiner in his undies... but having heard about some of them ,thats more liable to put you off!!!  big_smile

Remember the positive aspects of your previous tests... and try and get a good nights sleep.
Ill be thinking of ya xx

#11 23-10-06 20:05:37

mickey b

thankyou, let you know tommorow  xx

#12 23-10-06 20:20:47

luchell

Good luck for tomorrow, keep nice and calm and trust your own instincts, by this stage they are well developed. Nice deep breaths if you feel it getting out of hand and try and forget there is a result at the end of it. We don't all get icing on the cake as you have found out previously BUT when we finally do its makes it extra extra extra nice  wink Just drive and concentrate on that 100 percent for the 40 minutes, WHEN the engine is off think all you like about how it went but not until then  wink

#13 24-10-06 17:18:30

mickey b

Hi eveyone, failed again GRRRR! 3 serious, 8 minors, did have a moment of glory though managed a perfect reverse, 1st time ever without a bit of help, oh well onwards and upwards....  thanks for your good wishes anyway

#14 24-10-06 17:20:43

msdarcy721

aww sorry to hear about that mickey sad

you'll get there though, definitely 8-)

onwards and upwards as you say wink

can you go through with your ADI may be the areas you need to work a little more on to help you get there?

you'll do this wink

good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx smile

#15 24-10-06 18:54:31

mickey b

yes, its just the test making stupid mistakes, probably need more practise as well as lessons, going to try and get more practise in for next time...

Board footer