You are not logged in.

#1 12-09-06 18:11:04

lambo

Guess what?

We both failed, aw well I feel more for my daughter, that was her fourth time, but  both our adi have put in for our tests again, my daughters on the 18th Oct and I'm the 8th Nov, would have had same date as my daughter again, but my adi is on holiday for couple of weeks, little bit fed up because I failed on 3 serious, which I shouldn't have done, was just so nervous, was stupid mistakes I should have known better, but anyway, my daughter had 1 serious and 3 minor and said she's not going to let it get her down, we'll just try again.

Irene

12-09-06 18:11:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Guess what?

#2 12-09-06 19:01:54

luchell

With such a good attitude you will suceed and so will your daughter. Look at it this way it is all VITAL hours on the road that will gain you more experience for the future. Good luck for both your tests.

#3 13-09-06 08:22:01

lambo

Thanks Luchell, bit down in the dumps today but alot worse things can happen, thanks for the support.

Irene

#4 13-09-06 09:05:58

msdarcy721

Hiya Irene,

sorry to hear that.

but all is not lost -- defo not. a phrase i like and have read on here 'delayed success' rather than failure..

may be between now and both of your new test dates, you will have just a bit more time to nail the things you may be, didn't get quite right, put them right, get a little more experience and confidence behind you, and then go out there again... 8-) knowing you will DO this wink

i know it's easier said than done hun, but try not to get too down about it... look on the bright side, it hasn't been a wasted attempt, you've learnt so many things that will help you in coming to put this right.. i often find you can learn more things from the things you don't get quite right, and know how best to put them right, and not make the same error, than drawing on the positive things you did right.

a daft thing, when i was first driving by myself, i recall stalling on a hill to get into the road by my house.. i stalled so many times, it really wasn't a nice experience... but it taught me, even now, anytime i'm there how to make sure i have the bite, enough gas, holding on the bite... and it has really helped me. i remember too, trying to set off at a roundabout in the wrong gear, and not managing to get off; this has stayed in the back of my mind, and any clues i might have as to suggest i'm in the wrong gear, get me thinking, and i can put it right.

so i do believe mistakes are really invaluable lessons in themselves and excellent teaching points, you can pick up so much from, and learn so much from.

you said you were nervous.. gosh i really think that nerves try, always try to just stop you from giving a performance that you know you're capable of giving.

to keep them at bay, could you try some of the herbal remedies that are out there on the market? to try and take the edge off the nerves, and allow you to focus your mind 100% on what you're doing, and not allow the nerves to creep in and try to distract you in anyway. you're stronger than them. i'm just finding that out for myself at the moment. my friend who works in this line, keeps telling me, that i'm strong, i can do what i want to do, worries aside, because i'm strong than the worries etc..

the same is true of you, you have to believe this wink

good luck to both of you wink

you've come THIS far wink don't give up wink

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 13-09-06 10:35:19

kjs
Verified Member
Website

At least you now know what to expect next time. Driving tests can be very stressful and nerves do play a big part. I often tell pupils to get some qualms  [ think thats how you spell it ] from the chemist. They help quell the nerves.

Just remember that the next test is a new test, and just putting right what you got wrong won't work. You need to be on the ball with it from start to finish.

Am sure you both can do it. Good luck !

kjs

#6 13-09-06 10:48:20

luchell

I think Kjs means Kalms or the quiet life. I find those can be too strong so most of my pupils use rescue remedy if anything. I know it is by far not easy to see positives at this stage. When is your next lesson? With some confidence boosting from your adi you and your daughter will be feeling better in time. You can share experiences and work through this together so you have each other for support. This is probably one of the most important life skills you both will learn and it will be worth it. Like Miss Darcy says I ALWAYS call it deffered success. More experience means when you are finally out alone you will both stand in a better position safety wise.

Try to boost each other up a little by talking about the positives of what you have learnt and experienced so far.

#7 15-09-06 10:47:32

lambo

Thanks again everyone for the great support, I now feel ready to face the big bad test again lol.

Irenex

#8 15-09-06 11:44:44

luchell

Just remember these words... These words i give every pupil who has a case of defferred success..

Everything you feel now will be forgotten, when you hear those magic words EVERYTHING will be worth it. Trust me.

I have yet for a pupil to tell me these words are not true, they can only answer if i was right when they do pass until then they have to trust me and keep going. Every single one who has struggled through and believe me i have taught a few girls who have had such terrible problems on tests we tried so hard to overcome, all of different natures. When the time was right they got their reward and one who is half the size of me swung ME around the car park  lol wink

Just to add they were the most satisfying passes i have ever had.

Board footer