You are not logged in.

#1 09-12-04 20:26:13

chrisj
Verified Member

CAR SERVICING

I have a problem with my dual controls on my car - the clutch pedal has become very slack and the wire seems to be fraying. I rang my leasing company to find out if it could have a service and have this looked at. They refered me to my local fiat dealer as I have a fiat punto but unfortunately they won't look at my dual controls because of insurance details. I don't really want to have to send it back to scotland where I got it from. Does anyone know of anywhere near Yeovil,Somerset where they will look at dual controlled cars??

09-12-04 20:26:13

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: CAR SERVICING

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 09-12-04 21:48:23

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

He-Man are based in Southampton (a little closer).

If your Duals are the PJ type, then contact RCM marketing who sell them and offer a fitting service. They are based in Poole.

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

#3 10-12-04 08:49:55

Ozzie

The cables have a life expectancy of 12 months, and he-man say that the cables are  awear and tear item. The cables wear on the pulleys in the footwell, you can inspect them quite easily by pulling the carpet back, and removing the two bolts that cover the inspection plate. Changing the cables may be a different matter! I would leave that to the professionals.

Oz

#4 10-12-04 08:56:58

chrisj
Verified Member

I have only had the car since August so that is a life expectency of 4 months!!

#5 10-12-04 10:03:54

Ozzie

It should last longer than  that.

I had a new set of duals fitted to a car, and within a week I got a letter from He-Man saying that they were experiencing  a quality problem with a batch of duals, and that we should check the cables for fraying, and mentioned how to do it. This is when they mentioned that the life expectancy was only 12 months. I would get in contact with He-Man direct as they have mobile fitters who are their agents around the country and they will come to you.

Oz

Board footer