You are not logged in.

#1 25-11-04 09:45:40

VandADI
Administrator

CHECK TEST IN A CLASSROOM

When my check test comes up, I was thinking of doing a classroom session on HP.
Has anyone else done this?
What grade did you get?
For how many consecutive check tests can you do this?
What was the feedback like from the SE?
Your thoughts please.
VandADI.

25-11-04 09:45:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: CHECK TEST IN A CLASSROOM

#2 25-11-04 18:45:35

jimbo

Doesn't seem right, but why not call the SEADI and check.  If you do do it you can borrow my AA jacket so you look professional !!   lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 25-11-04 19:29:35

VandADI
Administrator

jimbo wrote:

Doesn't seem right, but why not call the SEADI and check.  If you do do it you can borrow my AA jacket so you look professional !!   lol

Jimbo,
that will make a change from the strapless thinggy! wink
Yes, I will ask my SE.

#4 25-11-04 19:39:39

jimbo

My AA jacket will never be the same again i'm sure - i probably won't wash it for a year!! wink

#5 25-11-04 20:47:24

Anonymous

IS THAT ACCEPTABLE

#6 25-11-04 20:52:59

VandADI
Administrator

Well, if its ok with jimbo, its ok with me  lol

According to the DSA website, the html document ADI1 it is acceptable.
Half way down the page it states :
The SE (ADI) will see the ADI at work, giving driving instruction to a pupil. This instruction may be in a classroom; normal on road tuition to a beginner or partly trained pupil; advanced tuition or even off road high performance tuition. In all cases the standard to be applied in assessing the ADI's performance is equivalent to that used in Test 3 of the practical test for entry to the Register.

#7 25-11-04 21:40:49

VandADI
Administrator

Anyone else fancy giving it a go?

#8 25-11-04 22:18:21

jimbo

Well i've had an offer for the jacket already - i may put it on e-bay after a while.   8)

#9 09-12-04 18:51:16

jeni
Verified Member
Website

Hello all

finally had a reply from my SE today regarding this question   lol

Yes    lol  you can do a classroom session providing the last check test was "driving" and the next one will have to be a "driving one" too

You will have to provide a suitable place for the classroom session - (your home is not really suitable as you will need extra insurance and an office or classroom)

He also said he wants to see a lesson plan with all the core comp in place and learning must occur so an hour on the computer with the pupil clicking hazards alone would not score highly

He said a problem may be fitting it in and your request may be refused if the SE had to travel an "unreasonable distance" from the local test centre

He also said in 22 years he has never attended a classroom session and has no objections to attending one BUT he would expect it to be conduted as a lesson not as an clicking practice and as there are no hazards and there is no driving a Very high standard would be expected to attain a grade six

Common sense I supose - I did a teacher training course and had six assessments - I only got 99% on the last two because a classroom structure is so different to the car lesson and I kept teaching it as if I was in the car

He also said he would love more "experienced" drivers (full licence - not ADI/PDI) on check test also pass plus and maybe a show and tell with petrol stations. He said steer away from the norm and try some thing different as long as the "pupil" learns and has a great lesson the subject matter is not so important - oh and please please please no more turns in the road!!!!!!! ha ha ha   lol   lol   lol 

regards  smile

Jeni

Jeni Holland ADI Driving Instructor Trainer (Passed Ordit 2006) Pay as you go trainer
www.abfabdec.co.uk

Poole Dorset 01202 259382

#10 09-12-04 19:16:47

DAVE-ADI

To answer the original post on this thread, now that it has been verified that classroom checktests CAN be done,    yes,  I did one.

I covered the topic of skid control, with one of my pupils,  using a whiteboard, visual aids, and the focus theory test disc on a pc.

I got a grade 5.

#11 09-12-04 20:49:03

Anonymous

personally i think this is not a very good way and i think this is a wind up. how can you prove that you are teaching people to drive a car corectly in a !!!!!!!! class room what ever next . car simulator what a joke.

#12 09-12-04 21:05:57

VandADI
Administrator

If you think its a windup lee, then ask your SE and hear it first hand. If you read the ADI 1 you will find that  it states :-
The SE (ADI) will see the ADI at work, giving driving instruction to a pupil. This instruction may be in a classroom; normal on road tuition to a beginner or partly trained pupil; advanced tuition or even off road high performance tuition. In all cases the standard to be applied in assessing the ADI's performance is equivalent to that used in Test 3 of the practical test for entry to the Register.

You obviously feel that the DSA are on a windup.

#13 09-12-04 21:07:04

DAVE-ADI

If you think that's a joke how about the ADI who conducted the whole of her test in Urdu because none of her customers understood English. 

The examiner couldn't understand the language, yet did the checktest and graded her 5.

#14 09-12-04 21:12:51

Anonymous

well it doesnt mention class room in the dsa guide for instructors . its says a check test is conducted by a se adi who will acompany you on a normal lesson in a car. we its in black and white so i know what i will be doing not afraid of giving a lesson in a car as it is stated in the guide

#15 09-12-04 21:15:33

Anonymous

does it mention this on the dsa web site?

#16 09-12-04 21:29:59

VandADI
Administrator

Yes, you will find it on the ADI 1 on the DSA website.

i

#17 09-12-04 21:39:56

Anonymous

cant fid it can you give me more info just been on web site no mention of adi 1

#18 09-12-04 21:46:22

VandADI
Administrator

lee, the ADI1 is under publications.

#19 09-12-04 22:11:50

Anonymous

oh yes it does i stand corrected :oops:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#20 10-12-04 06:37:27

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

lee wrote:

personally i think this is not a very good way and i think this is a wind up.

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

Sorry - it was only because lee said it  wink

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

Board footer