You are not logged in.

#1 22-11-04 08:55:38

skip qualify
Verified Member

Can You Click Too Much ?

Hi,
A lot of you are recommending clicking twice or even three times when seeing a hazard on the HP test. In the built up areas this adds up to a lot of flags, and I was wondering is it possible to fail a clip for having too many flags ?

22-11-04 08:55:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Can You Click Too Much ?

#2 22-11-04 09:40:19

Nimrod

You will fail if you apply a regular rythmic clicking regime. Clicking two or three times on a potential/developing hazard will not trigger the "cheat" detector.

As you rightly point out, you might see many other things other than the developing hazard being marked. Just click on everything you believe might be relevant

Nim

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 22-11-04 10:23:20

bajr

I agree,

The DSA software (while not the best quality of video) is more intelligent than the stuff available to practice on. Click when you see a hazard, just after it and when you see it change/ develop.
Random clicking or constant clicking when you see a hazard will cause problems though and this is what makes people think they can only click once on each hazard or once in the whole clip!

#4 23-11-04 09:28:28

skip qualify
Verified Member

Thanks guys,

I guess thats a no then ?

Also ... as far as I know the software does not object to occaisional quick double clicks, ( in case you miss the points window opening ) have you found this to be the case ?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 23-11-04 16:44:29

Marcus

skip qualify wrote:

Thanks guys,

I guess thats a no then ?

Also ... as far as I know the software does not object to occaisional quick double clicks, ( in case you miss the points window opening ) have you found this to be the case ?

There is no limit to the total number of clicks per clip, I remember I had 12 or more for some of mine. I never performed any quick double clicks but as long as you don't make a habit of them through the clip, you should be OK with the odd one. I followed the usual "see a potential hazard, click, count to two, click again". In some clips I also clicked again just in case but not in a rhythmic way.  I passed first time, 64/75 not the best score but the advice I was given worked for me. The clips are clearer than the CDs and mine were all in dry, good daylight conditions. None of that crawling around Swansea roads in the dark and rain!!

Hope this helps.
Marcus

#6 24-11-04 17:16:14

skip qualify
Verified Member

Thanks to all.....

Its just the rhythmic clicking thats a no-no

Know what you mean about wet and dark Swansea !

Seem to be developing a fetish for plump welsh traffic wardens too

Cheers

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 28-11-04 19:08:37

Marcus

skip qualify wrote:

Seem to be developing a fetish for plump welsh traffic wardens too

Hailing from Aberystwyth, I feel qualified to say this:

Adapting Gryff Rhys Jones' new comedy title: "She's miiiine... ALL mine!!!!!!"

lol  lol

Are you taking Part One soon?

Cheers
Marcus

#8 29-11-04 08:41:36

skip qualify
Verified Member

Yes, Part One on Dec 8th. Like a lot of people here I'm not too worried about the questions, but the hit and miss nature of HP software bothers me. I get 60-70 marks on the Focus software but will the same tactics work on the DSA software ?????

Guess I'll find out on the 8th

Cheers

#9 29-11-04 13:26:07

Marcus

skip qualify wrote:

Yes, Part One on Dec 8th. Like a lot of people here I'm not too worried about the questions, but the hit and miss nature of HP software bothers me. I get 60-70 marks on the Focus software but will the same tactics work on the DSA software ?????

Guess I'll find out on the 8th

Cheers

Good Luck on the 8th. I actually scored higher in the real thing than was ever able to obtain on the CDs.

The other tip I was given which is useful is at the beginning of the clip it counts down 10 seconds or whatever it is and you have a view of the first frame of the clip. From that you can mentally prepare yourself for what hazards you may expect to encounter and it could help to sharpen your senses.

eg if the frozen scene is rural, then you can think to yourself "horses in the road, slow tractor perhaps turning out of a field, pedestrians walking in the road"

If it's an suburban scene, you could prepare for "school children, zebra crossing, delivery lorries parked" etc etc.

Cheers
Marcus

#10 29-11-04 14:59:28

stdavid
Verified Member
Website

Good tip about the openeing screen allowing you to prepare for possible hazards.

Got my part 1 tomorrow!!

Again questions not a problem but HPT!!!

Regards,

David Oswald
http://www.dulas-drive.co.uk/ http://www.webDO/Driving instructors in mid Wales, Powys, Ceredigion, Gwynedd, Machynlleth, Aberystwyth, Tywyn, Dolgellau, Bala and Barmouth

#11 29-11-04 22:40:06

Marcus

stdavid wrote:

Good tip about the openeing screen allowing you to prepare for possible hazards.

Got my part 1 tomorrow!!

Again questions not a problem but HPT!!!

All the very very best stdavid. Be sure to let us know how you get on!

Cheers
Marcus

#12 30-11-04 22:33:17

stdavid
Verified Member
Website

Well the results from the DSA jury are in:

93% Theory
63/75 HPT

Thanks flip that's over.

Actually I found the HPT easier than I thought, yes the car is travelling much slower than on most CD-ROMs, Picture quality is better, look for clues on screen while countdown to the clip starting etc.

Next stop Part 2.

Regards,

Regards,

David Oswald
http://www.dulas-drive.co.uk/ http://www.webDO/Driving instructors in mid Wales, Powys, Ceredigion, Gwynedd, Machynlleth, Aberystwyth, Tywyn, Dolgellau, Bala and Barmouth

#13 01-12-04 08:51:51

Natalie

Well Done.  You will love Part 2

#14 01-12-04 12:48:31

stdavid
Verified Member
Website

Love part 2?

Are you sure? I'm dreading it!

Regards,

David Oswald

#15 01-12-04 13:27:41

Natalie

I was a bit unsure at first and really nervous but I loved it.  Didn't realise how bad my driving was though.

When do you start?  Let us know how you get on. 

Nats

#16 01-12-04 15:55:16

stdavid
Verified Member
Website

So it wasn't as bad as you thought it might be then?

That's a relief. I've put in for my part 2 straight away as there will be a bit of a delay on that score I imagine.

As soon as my date comes through I'll be posting again for some advice I'm sure.

Regards,

David Oswald

#17 01-12-04 17:04:28

Natalie

Not at all no.  Bit weired at first as it was like having lessons again but got used to it.

Nats

#18 08-12-04 21:26:20

skip qualify
Verified Member

Thx to Nimrod, Marcus and Bajr !!

Passed Pt 1 today

100/70

Cheers  !!!

( Any tips for Part 2 out of Eastbourne ??? )

#19 09-12-04 12:33:12

Marcus

skip qualify wrote:

Thx to Nimrod, Marcus and Bajr !!

Passed Pt 1 today

100/70

Cheers  !!!

( Any tips for Part 2 out of Eastbourne ??? )

Well, many congratulations!! 70 is a fab score.

It just so happens I took my Part II in Eastbourne and am studying Part III there too. Will PM you when I get back from my travels up north, probably tomorrow.

Marcus

Board footer