You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 05-09-06 19:24:37

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Insurance for off-road instruction

This might be a bit left field, so feel free to shift this to another section guys.
I work for off road experience companies, but am thinking about going independant and am wondering if anyone knows how to get insurance for off road tuition. I've spoken to a few of the Driving School insurers, but they won't touch a landy with no duals. As far as i know duals cost a fortune to put into landies (if anyone knows better i'd be interested).
I'm trying to avoid asking the guys i work for directly, as they might think i'm going into competition with them.
Anyone know anything? Please?

05-09-06 19:24:37

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Insurance for off-road instruction

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#2 05-09-06 22:10:23

whodareswins
Verified Member

This might be a bit left field, so feel free to shift this to another section guys.
I work for off road experience companies, but am thinking about going independant and am wondering if anyone knows how to get insurance for off road tuition. I've spoken to a few of the Driving School insurers, but they won't touch a landy with no duals. As far as i know duals cost a fortune to put into landies (if anyone knows better i'd be interested).
I'm trying to avoid asking the guys i work for directly, as they might think i'm going into competition with them.
Anyone know anything? Please?

Your problem is that companies offering ADI insurance require duals to be fitted in order for you to be insured. They won't touch ANY vehicle without duals, not just a LR. Why would duals cost a "fortune" for a Landrover?  Have you tried contacting He-Man?

Percy

Grade 6 ADI/Fleet Trainer, SAFED Registered Trainer, Qualified BTEC Assessor

#3 05-09-06 22:13:16

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

yep, my current boss has managed to get another 4x4 fitted with them, but apparently it was going to cost around 6k in a landy due to their mechanical uniqueness. I'm not a mechanic, so i'm not sure, but there is a hell of a lot going so i can imagine that being true.

Board footer