You are not logged in.

#1 29-08-06 05:55:12

Carl

Recommended books for Fleet theory

I'm looking to become fleet registered (big plans next year!!!) but at the moment don't have the funds available for one of the courses  sad sad sad sad

So, I've decided to work through parts 1 and 2 myself and then decide on part 3 when I get there. I've got the question bank from the DSA but don't just want to learn the answers to questions by Rote.

Apart from the standard ADI books (which I have loads of, including RoadCraft for cars and bikes), can anyone recommend any other books. The DSA recommend the LGV driving manual, is this really necessary?

Thanks

Carl

29-08-06 05:55:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Recommended books for Fleet theory

#2 04-09-06 21:44:49

Doug
Verified Member
Website

Fleetcraft has been published, it is a rerun of roadcraft with minor changes.

Running through the fleet question data bank should not be a matter of learning by rote. As an experienced trainer they should pose few difficulties, with may be a few you might need to recap on.

Doug

#3 05-09-06 05:30:30

Carl

Thanks Doug. I did have a quick look through the questions and found them a lot like the ADI question bank, with the odd difference.

I think I'll just stick with what I've got and see how I get on.

Carl

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 05-09-06 06:17:43

ExAdiNigel

Roadcraft.  But, as Doug said, Fleetcraft is almost Roadcraft with a different cover on it.

If you have started browsing some of the questions you will probably have found Roadcraft mentioned.

Having already passed the RoADAR test at Gold you have a good idea of what you will be looking for.  Are you, or have you considered becoming an observer?  That can help to give practise at Fleet type training.

Other work that can help as a pre-cursor to fleet is NDIS (National Driver Improvement Scheme). See Essex NDIS

Some of this you may well have done already but, hopefully, some may help.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#5 10-11-06 15:23:03

Jimothy
Verified Member

How does an ADI get involved in NDIS, Nigel?

Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor
Driving Standards Agency Registered Fleet Driver Trainer
ORDIT registered instructor trainer
Accredited BTEC Trainer (Driving Science)
IAM Registered Instructor
IAM Observer

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 10-11-06 17:39:20

Doug
Verified Member
Website

How does an ADI get involved in NDIS, Nigel?

Jimothy

Check the NDIS web site http://www.driver-improvement.org.uk/nd … ourses.htm to find out who provides the service in your area. Then apply to the service provider direct.

Doug

Board footer