You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 23-08-06 12:31:58

SMILE
Verified Member
Website

Can I use any name for by business..?

I think this maybe on another thread somewhere, but I cant find it.....does anyone know if I can use any name I like for my business.  I have checked locally to make sure no-one is using it round here, also I have checked companies house website and cannot see anyone using it for a driving school.  Would I be right in thinking, I can just use the name of my choice or should I register it with companies house (all seems a bit serious!!!! big_smile)

Any advice, would be gratefully received.....

fankoo peeps!

www.smiledrivingschool.com
Lessons in and around Northamptonshire

23-08-06 12:31:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Can I use any name for by business..?

#2 23-08-06 15:48:26

driverpete
Verified Member

As long as you've made reasonable efforts to check that no one local is using the name you want to use then you should be OK. Just make sure that the name you use cannot be construed as being intended to mislead, e.g by implying that you represent a Government organisation or have Royal connections (although you might not want to advertise that if you did!!) or by having a name and livery misleadingly similar to another large organisation such as "BMS" or "AAA".

RoSPA Gold
Retired RoSPA Approved Tutor
Retired NDAC & NDAS trainer
Retired ADI

#3 23-08-06 15:51:33

msdarcy721

hiya SMILE

i think, only cos i had a read through it quite a while back, and it made me giggle.... there was a thread posted on here.

this was the link:

http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/fo … #msg119172

#4 23-08-06 15:56:51

VandADI
Administrator

#5 24-08-06 11:58:38

SMILE
Verified Member
Website

FANKOO - EVERYONE!! smile

U've all been a great help - given me some good ideas too!

www.smiledrivingschool.com
Lessons in and around Northamptonshire

Board footer