You are not logged in.

#1 22-04-06 11:45:25

Trentender
Verified Member
Website

Tax deductables

Has anyone got any tax deductable tips?

I learned today that any free time you give as part of a marketing activity is a legitimate expense to your business. This can be put under advertising.

This made me wonder what else I've been missing out on. I'm sure many of us would benefit from advice like this, so stick all your top tips here.

If its the 'Taking Part' & not 'Winning' that counts then why bother keeping score!!

22-04-06 11:45:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Tax deductables

#2 25-04-06 07:30:10

Loony
Verified Member

If you have some work wear made with your logo on you can then claim for the laundry costs, as well as the the clothing when you purchase it. I have claimed my laundry costs for my work wear now for 18 years.

The older I get ..................... The better I was!

#3 04-05-06 09:16:27

pj
Verified Member

I heard of someone who claimed for his dog's food as he said it was a guard dog for the business neutral neutral lol don't think i'll bother with mine.

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#4 05-05-06 07:49:50

sparkle

Its best to claim for things that actually exsist.,..legit

Keep that nasty tax man away.he aint go tany reason to go sniffing if something doesnt smell. wink

#5 05-05-06 11:04:56

markA.d.I

Agree with sparkle, i dont want them sniffing around, keep things nice and simple !

#6 07-05-06 19:21:04

Loony
Verified Member

When he does come round and sniff, what do think he wants to get his hands on first?????

Have a few guesses!!

he will whisk it them (up to seven years worth) away and have a good look.
Scroll for answer.

* red,2,300

Always write in pencil (Hector hates this) or keep 2 of them

The older I get ..................... The better I was!

#7 08-05-06 14:02:39

sparkle

What if we keep a pda computer controlled diary and all my stuff was lost due to crap pc.. im stuffed big_smile

#8 08-05-06 15:08:04

luchell

ive been doing this a year and i  have three diarys!! i must make more effort to keep them correct  roll They get so untidy i get fed up of them but i could go back and put all lessons onto one diary if that makes sense neutral

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#9 02-07-06 18:22:55

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Going back to your original post Justin...

What is the actual expense of giving free time? You can only claim for stuff you've paid for! If you pay yourself for doing something you could claim it back but otherwise that's just a nonsense.

Sorry to disappoint you neutral

Regards,

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 18-08-06 15:26:48

LeanneADI
Verified Member

I learned today that any free time you give as part of a marketing activity is a legitimate expense to your business. This can be put under advertising.

I heard this is possible.  i.e if you give a free lesson because of a recommendation by a pupil etc.  One free lesson normally costs £XX per hour.  So am i right in thinking you have spent £XX on advertising??   :?

Leanne

Board footer