You are not logged in.

#1 15-08-06 16:13:42

Andynz

Pink Licence

Hi Guys

Have been a regular 'observer' on this great site have been on a pink licence for 4 weeks now thought I would post my experiences so far.

It took about 3 weeks to get a full diary, appears there an awful lot of people out there keen to drive, surprised me really, not to keen to go full time but the deal was full time or nothing.  Keen on about 20 hours a week but not the case, have alot of half price lessons that always turn into long term pupils.  Plenty of pupils that want to learn in about two weeks!  I have hit the ground running finding nursery routes but cover a large area from the airport into Hammersmith so did struggle with inappropriate roads for a couple of pupils initially.  I have had a couple of pupils go to test who in my view would not pass and did not, they only just failed so was quite surprised at what standard is required for a pass?  Will be keen to see how my own pupils who have trained from dot will go in the test.  As obviously I am working off part 2 standard so this has surprised me.

I am really shocked by the attitude of other drivers, most are okay, but every day get one case of real road rage from drivers, where does all that anger come from?

Really knackered at the end of the day but am enjoying it, keen not to get sucked into the work work scenario as do not really need the money, just keen to get the green badge.

Don't the car get a hammering!  Would not be keen to use my own, the Micra is a great wee car!  Strong little motor!  "Thats 1st not 3rd".

Had a rear end shunt the 2nd week in was told to expect this?  Got the quote for the insurance strewth!  Not that strong!

15-08-06 16:13:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pink Licence

#2 15-08-06 16:20:10

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Hi,

As someone who is coming up to my Pink moment, this is a great thread - please can you keep it updated as you go on??

Sorry to hear about the rear ender, can I ask who your insurer is & how they're being about things? I'm in the process of phoning round for quotes this week!

I look forward to more updates...
Andy.

Ambition Driving College

#3 15-08-06 16:44:03

Andynz

Gday Miniclassic

I do not get involved in that side of things, I was told to get a quote and send it into the office as I am a wee way from them.

Good luck with your part Three!

Andynz

#4 16-08-06 16:20:09

butt2
Verified Member

Mini Classic - Waveney Insurance seem pretty good.

#5 16-08-06 16:23:59

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Thanks for the lead - I've tried a few & am getting an idea of prices, so will give them a call tomorrow to see how they compare.

Ambition Driving College

Board footer