You are not logged in.

#1 02-08-06 18:25:30

giggles184
Verified Member

ol noooooooooo!! budgeriegars!!!

doh!!! saturday i did a mock test for my advanced test and it really really did NOT go well way over 10 minors and 2 serious later it was all over. ok.... but funnily it didnt bother me as much as i thought it wud i mean yeh i wasnt happy but i felt relieved that finally i didnt have this arghhh the test is gonna be sooon as such and then we have 2nites lesson  :? arghhh it went well but now its setting me off again with the panicking my adis giving it all the "its not that bad... ur nearly there" ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! im not i go mad wen that t word is mentioned i go to pieces how wud i react under proper test circumstances  :cry: im too scared to say anything to my adi i know im being silly but i REALLY dont know how to approach it OMG having a mad panic  :cry: :cry: :cry:

ADI part 1 - passed 1st attempt 11/5/09 97/63
ADI part 2 - passed 1st attempt 03/09/09 - 1 minor big_smile
ADI part 3........... start training 27/9/09 then we shall see!

02-08-06 18:25:30

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ol noooooooooo!! budgeriegars!!!

#2 02-08-06 18:29:00

luchell

How many lessons have you left? You know you need to achieve 6 or less driver faults for the test itself. Sounds like a few more lessons LOTS more practise and you will get it hun. Don't panic it will come together.

#3 02-08-06 18:33:30

msdarcy721

aww hun

if it's the test itself that really feels scary, which i imagine most peeps feel quite scared of, can you try various methods to try and keep as calm as you possibly can do?

rescue remedy? may be even hypnotherapy to work on that panic? deep breaths too smile

you can do various things for yourself, that are a big help. i'm finding they work at the moment, identifying what you're afraid of, and then building positive things to overcome the nerves really. a job well done, being given some praise can work. by gaining enough positive experience behind you it can really help you to overcome your fears. this is what i'm doing atm, and experience like nothing else feels so rewarding.

good luck hun xxx smile

#4 02-08-06 18:44:41

giggles184
Verified Member

Well nothings booked ive jst got this HUGE fear *which is so large im getting repetative dreams about it  :oops:* that im gonna end up being forced into it cos i cant say no im not ready  :oops: its the test and then theres actual parts that really do frighten me, i needed a hell of a lot of coaxing to manage a 3 point turn in a tight road with a bit of traffic * doin it the proper way so nice and slowly* i do practice but i find that im obviously not doin something somewhere along the line cos i get in the car with my adi and find that ooops no its still not rite  :cry: ARGHHHH!!! i know it sounds ridiculous but i so wish 2nite hadnt gone as well   :cry:

#5 02-08-06 18:49:31

msdarcy721

hun if you don't feel ready, don't feel as if anyone is forcing you into taking it.

it would be a shame to do it, if you, yourself didn't feel ready.

is there a rush to do it?

positives and negatives seem to help us.

looking back on learning to drive, i learnt the most from the things i made mistakes doing; cos they've stuck in my mind, as real learning experiences, and have really taught me some valuable lessons. they help me from repeating those mistakes often too; which i doubt would be the case had i not made those mistakes during my lessons.

so don't rush yourself hun, and realise that the things we really mess up doing, allow us to learn so much, you've just got to be patient, but don't push yourself too hard hun.

good luck xxx smile

#6 02-08-06 18:52:41

lambo

Hi giggles

If it's any consolation to you I feel the same way, I have my test in few weeks time and thought I was ok about it, had lesson today and was so nervous had been doing really well in my lessons until I got test date through it's horrible, I am trying not to think about it, but it just seems to be on my mind alot, must take up meditation or something haha.  So I totally understand where you are coming from.

Lambo

#7 02-08-06 19:48:09

giggles184
Verified Member

thanks guys  smile darcy nope theres no rush ive sed already to pretty much all the people i know *outside of forum land* that im quite prepared for the long haul if it takes me 50 lessons to get to a !!!!!!!! good standard with the confidence to go out and show an examiner that yes i am a !!!!!!!! good driver then thats wat it will be, im jst worried that my adi is gonna one of these days say book a test and then come back to me theres nothing more i can teach or help u with!  yikes arghhh and i know i need to jst have a chat with him bout this but i totally cannot think how to bring it up  :cry:

#8 02-08-06 20:43:20

Ghost

Ok I'm lost on this thread  neutral

Where's the tropical birds?  neutral  :?

#9 02-08-06 20:44:41

msdarcy721

behind you big_smile

#10 02-08-06 20:51:17

markA.d.I

tweet tweet !

#11 02-08-06 20:52:40

msdarcy721

at least this sort aint got long tails, and are of the intelligent sort wink