You are not logged in.

#1 18-03-04 14:46:18

Natalie

Smart Driving & Other Trainers (Edited title Bigred)

I have been looking on the Smart Driving Website (which looks great) and have noticed that you can do Part 2 Online which will help you with, obvioulsy, your part 2.  Has anyone used this that could let me know what they thought of it :?:

I am currently learning with The Instructor College but any extra help will be gladly received.  smile

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Natalie

18-03-04 14:46:18

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Smart Driving & Other Trainers (Edited title Bigred)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 18-03-04 16:36:47

DSE
Verified Member
Website

Hi Nats

I have no experience of the part 2 online, but I know John Farlam who operates it and he is a very well respected and highly quailfied trainer - one of the best.  I would expect anything he has produced to be of high quality.

www.d-s-e.co.uk

Driving Standards Agency
Accredited Course provider for
Register of Fleet Driver Trainers

ADI Training & Development
by highly qualified grade 6 ADIs.
See website or email for details of our services.

#3 18-03-04 17:22:13

Natalie

That's great thanks. 

Also on another note has anyone heard anything good about The Instructor College all things I have heard so far are not very good and considering I am training with them I am a bit worried.

Thanks Nats

#4 18-03-04 17:54:54

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I feel its the same where ever you go, You will hear good and bad about the training. As long as you are happy with it i wouldn't worry to much.

Maybe a lot of it is down to the Trainer you have and not the company

With myself not training with either i couldn't help any further, But let me take this opportunity to wish you good luck for part 2 and 3.

#5 18-03-04 20:30:44

johnexley
Verified Member
Website

The Instructor College have a good sales and marketing team.

I've also been training with them and would be interested in other people's views.

Regards, John.

John Exley
A,B,BE,B1,C,CE,C1E,D1,D1E,f,k,l,n,p,h
http://www.johnexley.co.uk
http://www.towing-training.co.uk

#6 18-03-04 21:49:45

adi
Verified Member
Website

Hi,
I trained with the instructor college and passed easily without even going on a trainee licence. It was mainly down to my trainer, but if you make sure you are really ready and revise hard enough and be fully prepared you will be okay. Its similar for the pupils we teach, if they work hard and practice with parents too and keep reading even though they may have passed the theory test, they will be fully armed and ready, and pass. If people slack and hope that someone else will get them through, then they are asking for failure. So in answer to your question, get hold of every scrap of info you can find and digest it, you can extract the best bits and put it all together and use what ever works best for you.

#7 19-03-04 20:43:52

churchy

I start my training on monday with TIC in sheffield, so hopefully they are good.

#8 20-03-04 07:18:35

Liesa

Good luck Churny

Please let us all know how you get on.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 20-03-04 15:20:22

churchy

Liesa wrote:

Good luck Churny

Please let us all know how you get on.

Thanks i will let you know how it all goes.   8)  big_smile

#10 22-03-04 14:08:49

Natalie

Everything so far has been good with the Indtructor College and the trainers I have seen have been great.

I have my mock theory and HP in the next couple of weeks so am studying hard at the moment.

Thanks for all the advice and Good Luck Churchy I will let you know how my mocks go and we can help each other through it.  big_smile

Nats

#11 25-03-04 22:30:36

crazymaddriver

hi
i have trainrd with  tic in cardiff and they have been ok i have passed part 1 & 2 and have just completed my part 3 in car training (what an eye opener!!)are learner drivers really that bad and do they really do all those crazy things  big_smile i'm now starting my pdi trainee licence next week and i'm really looking forward to it.  i've had no bad experieces with tic.

#12 25-03-04 22:47:07

Michaela7
Website

Hi,
I trained with TIC just over four years ago. I found them good for parts 1 & 2 but not so good on part 3. I went on a pink licence and the driving school I was with gave me far better training and help than I felt I got with TIC. That said, we are all different and if I had asked maybe TIC would have given me extra part 3 help. I know quite a few people who trained with TIC and had no problems and I think TIC have changed their approach to training and especially part 3 since I was with them. You will always hear bad reports form people who are not satisfied, not just with TIC. You vary rarely get to hear the good reports.

The best advice I can give is if you are not happy with the training you get speak up about it. After all you're paying for it!

Hope this helps and good luck.  smile

Friendly, female Instructor! smile

Arrow School of Motoring

Car+small+picture.jpg

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#13 25-03-04 22:52:02

adi
Verified Member
Website

crazymaddriver wrote:

are learner drivers really that bad and do they really do all those crazy things  .

Yes, some really do some of those crazy things! When i trained, i used to think some of the things that the trainers 'tried on' were a little far fetched, but i must say that looking  back the scenarios were quite 'mild'! You can't take anything for granted or take your eye off the road or your pupil. 2 years ago i went to a rally driving school for a day and had tuition with a rally instructor. I found that i couldn't listen to him AND think for myself at the same time, it had to be one or the other, hence coming off the track a few times! I learned a valuable lesson, that's how my pupils feel when i am pointing out every hazard and giving a little too much instruction and then wonder why they didn't brake quick enough for the red light! It's easy to overload the brain. Some people can find it all too much and do silly things, others it can be total misunderstanding, for others it can be lack of ability, basically you need to be ready for absolutely anything! Expect the totally unexpected!!

#14 03-04-04 16:04:00

churchy

Natalie wrote:

Everything so far has been good with the Indtructor College and the trainers I have seen have been great.

I have my mock theory and HP in the next couple of weeks so am studying hard at the moment.

Thanks for all the advice and Good Luck Churchy I will let you know how my mocks go and we can help each other through it.  big_smile

Nats

Just returned from Sheffield where I did a two week intensive course,  i have learnt so much and now i'm just waiting for my Theory and Hazard perception.  Just got to work on my pt2 but i can do that now as my driving today is 10 times better than 2 weeks ago.  Pt3 seems ok, i now have to practice on my brother in law and see how i get on.

My trainer at Sheffield was great and taught me so much.
Cheers Pete you were great and do let me know how you get on Nats.   big_smile

#15 03-04-04 21:31:37

Natalie

Cheers everyone

Glad to hear other people are happy with TIC.  I have my mock theary exam on Monday and my HP a week on Thursday hopefully if I pass these I can go on to apply for my actual tests.

I will keep you all posted.

Nats  big_smile

Board footer