You are not logged in.

#1 23-11-04 19:08:42

bibjo

Some much appreciated help needed please?

Hi
I posted here quite a while ago & am getting a little perplexed re my non-taking of any exams yet.  I am doing the Margaret Stacey workbook study pack, which I am finding pretty hard-going as I also work.  I am also taking instructing lessons at a rate of 1 per week, but havent taken any for about 3 weeks now.  My worry is that I have not even taken the theory test yet and it has been quite a few months since I started studying.  The workbooks are very thorough and go into all the exams (parts 1, 2 &3). How will I know when I am ready for the theory? I feel as if it will still be months before I finish all 6 workbooks! I am also considering maybe becoming an examiner instead and would be very grateful for any advice re the pros & cons for each?

Any help much appreciated.

23-11-04 19:08:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Some much appreciated help needed please?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 23-11-04 20:29:14

Marcus

Re: Some much appreciated help needed please?

bibjo wrote:

Hi
I posted here quite a while ago & am getting a little perplexed re my non-taking of any exams yet.  I am doing the Margaret Stacey workbook study pack, which I am finding pretty hard-going as I also work.  I am also taking instructing lessons at a rate of 1 per week, but havent taken any for about 3 weeks now.  My worry is that I have not even taken the theory test yet and it has been quite a few months since I started studying.  The workbooks are very thorough and go into all the exams (parts 1, 2 &3). How will I know when I am ready for the theory? I feel as if it will still be months before I finish all 6 workbooks! I am also considering maybe becoming an examiner instead and would be very grateful for any advice re the pros & cons for each?

Any help much appreciated.

I am only half way through my Part III training hours so may be not the best one to answer here but it sounds to me like either you are not focussing on your ADI training (current job bit of a comfort zone perhaps?) or you have reached a learning plateau and need to change the emphasis somewhere.

The best way (from experience) to see if you are ready to take Part I is to use the Theory CD-ROMS and just do test after test after test and consistently score well. You already know the theory since you are a driver but as with all of us, it needs sharpening up on the detail.

As for becoming an examiner?  No idea!

Cheers
Marcus

Board footer