You are not logged in.

#1 15-07-06 14:42:43

andy10
Verified Member

check test appointment!!!

Hi All,
I have been an avid 'silent' user fr some while now. I've found it to be very helpful.
I thought i would however change the habits of a lifetime & post a question for you chaps & chapesses!.......
I received the 'dreaded phone call on Friday!!!......... can i take a short notice check test two weeks today??'
I've decided to accept it!!  :?? However my dilemma is what to teach?
I have a pup who's had about 20 lessons. Quite outgoing & thinks about what you tell her. We've just covered crossroads, concentrating on turning right. Deciding if it should be N/S or  O/S etc.

I was considering for the CT covering crossroads controlled by traffic lights concentrating on turning right. My concern is will that be enough 'of a subject' to cover in one lesson? Thought i could talk about box junctions, filter lights etc.

Would welcome views on this & indeed any other advice for the BIG DAY!!!! :evil:

Cheers

Andy

15-07-06 14:42:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: check test appointment!!!

#2 15-07-06 15:02:15

sparkle

Will it be enough?

You bet ya sweet a$$ it will lol and then some!

For my very first check test i chose to cover mini roundabouts..... and throughout the drive plenty of other things cropped up to cover..mini roundabouts were then abandoned and i covered 'shaving'....... then it was making progress....

You need to be carefull not to stick rigidly to the chosen subject and be prepared to switch at a moments notice to anything else that crops up...JUST LIKE A NORMAL LESSON wink

Crossroads turning right...brill subject... your CT will go very very fast....and you'll probably find you'' hardly even cover what you set out to.... thats if she's not perfect lol

#3 15-07-06 15:46:54

smdtr

I second that Sparkle, my last check test was Reverse Park and ended up with crossing the path and some emerging!  You must be prepared to alter the objective.  Just do the subject you would do on that day you can't go wrong.  I tried planning them even down to routes and ended up with road works appearing from nowhere.

Good luck

#4 19-07-06 18:29:59

L33d5.dr
Verified Member

Hi Andy,
   I've just done my check test today covering crossroads,but not just turning right.I wouldn't worry if you don't think it will last long enough,chances are that something will happen that you will need to put right.Even my examiner told me before the test not just to concentrate on my lesson plan,if you see any faults sort them out.I was advised not to try and plan too much in advance,so if something unplanned happens it doesn't throw you and your CT goes T**s Up.Hopefully you won't get Numpties on scooters messing about in front of you like I had today !  I'm off for a look on e bay to find a gun turret that fits on to a Clio.
   Just do a normal lesson,nothing too fancy and I'm sure you'll be fine.Good Luck

#5 19-07-06 22:05:13

smokypdi
Verified Member

what grade did you get do you get it there an then?

#6 19-07-06 22:29:03

luchell

You should get your grade at the end of the test. smile

#7 20-07-06 13:54:39

L33d5.dr
Verified Member

I got grade 4, the crossroads part went ok but didn't pick up a couple of faults.You get your grade at the end of the test and a debrief telling you why you got it.

Board footer