You are not logged in.

#1 12-07-06 20:30:56

highway star
Verified Member

failed first attempt part three 3

Failed my first attempt today. had pst 3 got a 4/3.Got back to the test centre thinking that i had done enough but it wasnt to be.kept me waiting for 30 mins  then told me I had just missed it this time.Gutted at the moment but will give you a more detailed account  when I feeling better.

12-07-06 20:30:56

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: failed first attempt part three 3

#2 12-07-06 20:35:07

markA.d.I

So sorry to hear that, we would all really appreciate your account when you have time.

Chin up,you will get it next time!

Have a beer or two.

Mark

#3 12-07-06 20:36:28

LisaADI
Verified Member

So sorry to hear your news highway star. I also failed 1st attempt & was gutted for days-weeks even  sad  Try not to beat yourself up over it,i know i did.
But i was soooo much more prepared 2nd attempt..before my 1st attempt i never slept properly for 6 weeks  yikes honest to god. But when 2nd attempt was approaching i slept like a baby, as i was not at all nervous,as the pt 3 is not as bad as its made out to be is it  wink
Im sure you will get it next time  wink

#4 12-07-06 20:59:41

luchell

Sorry to hear todays result but still a very good result for your first go. Good luck for your next one and yes being well rested will help i am sure smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 12-07-06 21:04:38

confused
Verified Member
Website

I failed my first attempt today too! All in my post but it's still harsh.

Why did the SE keep you waiting that long? I waited about 10 mins for the result and we had a good chat, gave some good advice but some of his points were, to me, not correct. That's not a sore loser, it's things I did that he said I didn't.

Chin up highway star, we'll kick arse next time round.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#6 12-07-06 21:06:01

luchell

Out of interest confused and to hijack this thread slightly (sorry) what was it you disagreed with in the debrief? Just being nosey so say shoo if you dont want to say smile

#7 12-07-06 21:23:37

confused
Verified Member
Website

On phase 1 he mentioned the safety checks before starting the car (neutral and handbrake), saying I left it out, I didn't. Stopping, I mentioned clutch and brake togther at a slow speed (5 mph), he says I didn't. I also mentioned position for normal stops, which he says I didn't.
This SE talked constantly while in this role play and I think he just didn't hear me.
On phase 2 it was taking to long to get him to check his mirrors, pulled him over twice, prompted, Q&A and short of twisting his head toward the mirrors. I mentioned it after the first jnc. Mirrors before braking, mentioned.

This is why I feel such a muppet, all that and the !!!!!!!! crossing. That's why it's getting me down. On to the next one.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#8 13-07-06 07:01:10

sparkle

Bad luck Highway, next time wink

confused> try if you can remember for next time this> if you are on a lesson and your pupil is a proper chatter box> what would you do?

If this happens again on your next attempt> tell the se to shut the hell up (in a nicer way of course) ...perhaps then he might listen to you.

On my part 3, phase 1 ..controls...the se started playing with my cd player..he 'started' to..i cut him off there and then..popped the cd player out-chucked it behind my seat and said 'where were we'.. in the de brief at the end he said he 'loved it' ..took control of HIM...its all about that confused.

Dont be afraid to 'tell them' like you would a normal pupil...i take it you are on a pink?

#9 13-07-06 08:55:06

pm
Verified Member

bad luck h.s. sounds to me like you already got one hand on that green.. keep up the good work..
DELAYED SUCCESS

looking for buddy in tamworth..delayed success.. strike 1

#10 13-07-06 09:30:36

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

First off, id like to say that Im sorry you didnt pas this time.
You join me, confused and im sure many others who were so close 1st attempt.

For what its worth, my advice is dont fall into the same traps 2nd time round, like i did!!

keep your chin up, refresh your head and go get that badge next time!!

Jonny

#11 13-07-06 10:19:07

dragonfly

oh bummer - better luck and take control of the litle sod next time - best of luck for future xx

#12 14-07-06 21:05:00

highway star
Verified Member

hi every one, thanks for all of your kind words.Had PST3 turn in the road and approaching cross roads to turn left and right.No real problems on TIR, has always been one of my better ones.Managed to do 4,Got him to talk himself through the last one ,   On to phase 2,  He told me he had a problem with  junctions but didnt know what it was ,so did the brief and we got moving.The problem he had was right turns.I thought that he was not taking  enough observation to the road ahead because he kept crossing traffic too  soon but it turned out in the debrief that he was not judging the speed of approaching traffic properly. I had told him in the brief  how to judge if you got time or not but he must have forgot!If this happens on your test make sure you remind him on the move before you get to the junction.Thanks again everyone and good luck with your tests.Going to book my second atempt next week.

#13 14-07-06 21:57:14

smokypdi
Verified Member

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME

Board footer