You are not logged in.

#1 16-01-06 19:59:35

bev

Honda jazz

Does anyone teach in a honda jazz. I am thinking of buying one as i have not been happy with the latest clio...

16-01-06 19:59:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Honda jazz

#2 16-01-06 20:18:54

Ozzie

I know 2 instructors that use them if you have any specific questions, but as far as I know they are quite happy with them. Mind you would they admit it if they weren't?

Oz

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 17-01-06 20:22:23

kevdyas
Verified Member
Website

My ADI now owns a Jazz, Its a very nice drive! But the dual controls (He-Man) do seem very much in the way in the passenger footwell, there is also a need for a second speedo. She hasn't had any problems so far and has had it 6months or so.

Kev.

DSA Approved Driving Instructor (Car)
Drive iQ Pro Coach
IAM Senior Observer/DIAmond Advanced Motorist/RoSPA - Gold
www.wheelsbydrivingschool.com

#4 17-01-06 21:09:17

Ozzie

Hi again,

I had a test today and one of the Jazz instructors was there, so we had a chat about the Jazz.

He reckons its fine with a few annoying little bits; the electric windows won't operate without the ignition being on. The dashboard lights are on all the time, and the only indication that the sidelights are on is a small warning light. The rear visibility is poor, but isn't it in all modern hatchbacks, also the gearing is a bit high and it stalls a bit easier than his previous Corsa. Would he buy another one? Yes.

I hope that helps a bit.

Oz

#5 18-01-06 20:53:23

bev

Thanks for that maybe i will look at the mini instead. what do you teach in

#6 18-01-06 21:16:10

Ozzie

I have a Corsa SXI+ 1.3 CDTI diesel 3 door with air conditioning, and hmmmmm leather interior  wink

Oz

#7 19-01-06 00:36:47

leeadi
Website

Hi Bev,

Hope you like the Jazz, try the new Civic too...don't know how it will be for teaching but it looks FAB!

Don't get a Micra whatever you do, my diesel one is 10 months old and in the last month or two has started showing signs of age rather earlier than I expected (like me!)  Horrid gear box, clutch on its way out too, the dealer near me is crap too so maybe that ought to be a consideration when changing your car.

Lee

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 19-01-06 07:38:20

ExAdiNigel

leeadi wrote:

Don't get a Micra whatever you do, my diesel one is 10 months old and in the last month or two has started showing signs of age rather earlier than I expected (like me!)  Horrid gear box, clutch on its way out too, the dealer near me is crap too so maybe that ought to be a consideration when changing your car.

Hmmm, how opinion differ between individuals.  I have had a Micra SE for about 2 1/2 years now (1.5 turbo diesel).  Over 75000 miles now, still on first clutch (and I take all my pupils to a quiet hill to practise rolling 1st and holding the car on the clutch).  Gear box is a little clunky at times and reverse can be a pain occasionally (but then my Focus was the same!).  The car is showing signs of age now, but my only real complaint is the comfort of the seats - or, actually, lack of!  Others, however, have commented on how comfortable the car is!  Hondas come out very high on reliability, so don't write off the Jazz too soon.

Go out to the dealers, test drive each car and do each of the manouvres (take someone with you so you can experience the manouvres from the passenger seat too!).  Drive the car for as long as possible - Vauxhall were doing 3 day test drives, don't know if they still are.  The cars that need a second speedo (not essential legally or test wise, but very useful) usually have them provided free of charge as part of the Driving Instructor package.

Good Luck

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#9 19-01-06 08:08:22

leeadi
Website

It's not only how opinions differ between individuals Nigel, if you had asked me about the Micra 6 months ago I would have recommended it 110%, just been a bit disappointed over the last few months with niggly things....yes reverse is a REAL PAIN!!!!

Lee

#10 18-06-06 14:42:01

jonks

Honda Jazz

If you use, or have used this kind of car for driving instruction, please tell us what you think of it as training car.

#11 02-07-06 09:28:08

blindspot

Watch this space.

I have just ordered one after a test drive.  The quality is outstanding and my poor old Corsa looked and felt quite rough afterwards.

I have always been a staunch Corsa man having used 12 since starting as an ADI but the last three have have had serious steering problems and I have finally lost patience with them.

It may be something to do with the roads and speed cushions etc around here but the Honda takes them much better.

I also have a much better deal from Honda and the dealership have made all sorts of assurances about back up etc so we will see.

Delivery due in about three weeks time.  Its currently on a cargo ship on the way here from Japan.

B

#12 27-07-06 21:47:38

blindspot

Well....

Today collected the new Vivid Blue Pearl 1.2 Honda Jazz today at 3 pm in a tropical downpour.

I thought the salesman was going to drown !

4 Miles on the clock.

She now has 64 miles  on the clock and my pupil who had a lesson at 5 declares it a winner.  She had problems with the clutch in the Corsa and today there was none of that.

All manoeuvres carried out near faultlessly using parts of the superstructure as reference points.

Slick and smooth gearchanges by the pupil and good easy visibility.  Had a job to get her out of it at the end of the lesson !

She has now declared that she doesnt want to take a test so that she can keep driving my car!

B

#13 08-08-06 22:24:49

blindspot

1000 miles and sweet as a nut.

Pupils love it.

It is beautifully put together.

Pre sales inspection forgot or just doesnt do tyre pressure checks.

Front should be 33 and rear 30.  Mine had front 30, one rear 30 and the other 42 !

My standard Corsa spare wheel fits the Honda so the stupid little spacesaver sits in the garage.  The boot floor is raised about 2" to accomodate the ordinary tyre but a couple of 2 x 2 battens under the mat has fixed that.

The speedo is invisible to the passenger from 0 - 55 but that was fixed by a couple of enamel paint dots on the speedo lens.  Second analogue speedo being fitted next week.

The lower half of the radiator is completely exposed to stone chips and butterflies so I have inserted a diy stoneguard mesh in silver which makes the front look quite good.  The technician will check for any temperature problems when he fits the speedo.

B

Board footer