I must have a Monday Micra then big_smile

25-06-06 22:35:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Vauxhall Corsa.

#77 26-06-06 15:12:05

Karenadi

Oh no: oil pressure switch gone again: last one done at service only 7K ago.  Had to stop work: spraying oil everywhere: what a mess.

#78 02-07-06 16:33:16

roadhog
Verified Member

Karenadi, ask them to aquire switch from another source / batch if it goes again.
In the past I have fallen foul of poor performing replacements from bad quality batches, examples that come to mind, oil pressure switches, diesel glow plugs, fuses, head gaskets, water pumps and incredibly 2 cylinder heads and these at £1000 a throw, (these were as a result of poor casting and machining from a Japanese firm, the 3rd head sourced from a firm in Germany lasted 15 years, the other two less than 2 days each). Parts sourced from different batches / sources cured all the problems.

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

#79 02-07-06 21:33:56

Karenadi

This ones gone back and had a free replacement this time.  Engine is in a right mess.  It'll need a steam clean now.  I don't like a dirty engine. sad

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#80 03-07-06 10:19:40

skiffle
Verified Member
Website

This ones gone back and had a free replacement this time.  Engine is in a right mess.  It'll need a steam clean now.  I don't like a dirty engine. sad

Lol.... it's not just me then that doesn't like a dirty engine!!!

As for Vauxhall Garages... I will MUCH prefer to not take my car to the Vauxhie garage - which atm, it literally around the corner from my house atm, but would rather drive it 15ish miles away to another slightly smaller one - but service is far far better.

#81 03-07-06 22:13:21

Karenadi

I don't use the Vauxhall garage unless it's a warranty job.  Still prefer genuine parts though, if they're not too expensive.

Lol: don't like dirty oil either: if I check the oil and its dirty, I get mechanic to change it to nice browny clear stuff.  ha ha: he thinks I'm mad.  I send him a text, saying 'any chance you could put some clean oil in my car please, this lots dirty now' lol

#82 19-07-06 22:52:13

rush.

got 1.3 cdti.pleased so far,apart from,
poor visability 4 reversing(3 door),
and  the 1.3d ok but runs out of steam too quickly.but more fun than a 1.2petrol!
will go for the 1.7cdti(5 door)next time defo!

great car to teach in apart from handbrake :? wink

p.s new shape corsa looks great :afro:

#83 19-07-06 23:29:42

TerryCame
Verified Member

Its this sort of problems makes me glad to be with the AA. Loverly Ford focus to drive and teach in. Very reliable, had lots and no probs with any of them, changed every 6 months. [if your thinking of getting a new car then look at the Focus. Bit more pricey than the Corsa but sooo much better car]. If there is a problem with the car then its changed overnight. I know this cause when some idiot drove into us at 8.00pm I had a new car on the drive by 8.00am. Its a case of you pays your money and you takes your choice

Terry

Somerset

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#84 20-07-06 05:53:44

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Its this sort of problems makes me glad to be with the AA. Loverly Ford focus to drive and teach in. Very reliable, had lots and no probs with any of them, changed every 6 months. [if your thinking of getting a new car then look at the Focus. Bit more pricey than the Corsa but sooo much better car]. If there is a problem with the car then its changed overnight. I know this cause when some idiot drove into us at 8.00pm I had a new car on the drive by 8.00am. Its a case of you pays your money and you takes your choice

Terry

Somerset

That's two reports I have had on the Focus in one day. the other one says the exact opposite, he reckons the Focus is the least reliable car he has ever driven and is at his wits end with the amount of breakdowns it has suffered and the appalling fuel consumption.  :?

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#85 20-07-06 14:18:16

Hale
Verified Member
Website

Used a 1.2 from new for a year - er... a bit juicey!! yikes

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

#86 20-07-06 14:55:31

blindspot

""That's two reports I have had on the Focus in one day.""

Just goes to prove that car choice is subjective once you have got beyond the basic needs of an ADI.

My last three Corsas have all had steering problems.  The current one is knocking away nicely but the dealer says he cant find anything wrong with it !

1000 miles to end of warranty so Im changing it for a Honda Jazz after 12 corsas.

The old shape Corsas I had no trouble with at all. They were robust solid little cars and I liked the shape of the two door.

The new shape seems to be more delicate and is following the trend for jelly mould cars.

The future shape I really dont like.  It looks like a Peugeot and I HATE them.

The Jazz is not a particularly exciting shape but it has a 90,000 mile warranty, very good residuals and Japanese reliability.

So we will see how the cookie crumbles.

B

#87 20-07-06 14:58:54

evan

One of my colleagues has been teaching in a Jazz for the last 3 years Blindspot, she has been very pleased with it, no probs to date either. Ev

#88 20-07-06 15:00:15

sparkle

I like Honda's in fact i like any jap car big_smile sooooooooooooooo reliable.

Saying that my renault is doing me proud so far yikes (touching wood)

#89 20-07-06 16:29:37

blindspot

Thanks Ev  - thats encouraging.  I want mine to last three years because I will be retiring then at the end of current licence

B

#90 27-07-06 17:48:25

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

Another month and this morning i went to start the corsa and it would not start got a jump start and off i went only to find i had no exceleration at all in fact o to 30 in about 3 miles left the car with vauxhall lost another days work and still waiting to find out what is wrong i have a 1.3 CDTI, they told me that they would keep me up to date before they went home so i will have to call them in the morning 1 thing for sure this is the last vauxhall i will have.

#91 28-07-06 20:35:48

Karenadi

Oooohhhhh: what a shame: seems you got a bad lot.  I've had two Corsa's (and all the ones BSM gave me when I was with them), and never been disappointed yet.  I do love them so much.

#92 28-07-06 20:46:18

VandADI
Administrator

My Corsa 1.2 Design has been off the road for a total of two weeks.  Had water leaking through footwells. First they said it was door seals leaking, they were replaced, then they said it was heater matrix seal leaking and that was replaced too.  After extensive investigations, it was found that  water had been leaking through the gear linkage plastic surround and through the bulkead resulting in soggy wet carpets front and rear.  Carpets throughout the car had to be replaced as well as the bulkead leak repaired.  Just as well car is still under warranty   roll  Not impressed with Vauxhalls.

#93 28-07-06 20:50:41

Karenadi

yikes yikes yikes Never heard anything like before.  Gosh: wonder why some are so awful?  Expect at least they fixed it all up for you.  Never had any big issues. 

#94 28-07-06 20:53:19

VandADI
Administrator

I am just very grateful to a certain moderator who lent me her spare dual controlled car whilst mine was off the road.

#95 28-07-06 21:29:33

Chris Newby
Verified Member
Website

Got 1.2 Corsa on '52 plate, great little car to spend all day in. Never appreciated it as much as now - when I haven't got it! I was banged in the back (when stationary, engine off, etc.) and have been given a Micra as replacement while Corsa is repaired. Micra has no air-conditionning, funny little pockets scattered around the place for odds and ends, brakes that are either stop or go, bulbs you can't change, an ignition key that you need to be double-jointed to turn, a speedo you can't see from passenger seat, etc., etc. Can't wait to get my great little Corsa back next week - neither can my pupils! 

www.pilotsom.com   
Driver training around Bournemouth, Poole & Blandford

#96 29-07-06 06:22:41

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

Well now know whats wrong the timing belt has jumped dont know how much damage yet they told the belt is held in place by a guide which is held on by 2 bolts. 1 bolt had came out the other was very loose the car is 2 years old but over 60000miles so out of warranty i have sent vauxhall an e-mail as i dont think this is right at this age and suggested that they may have a design/manufacturing fault here i am waiting for there reply i wont hold my breath

#97 04-08-06 23:36:52

ActiveDI
Verified Member

Second car provided on my franchise was the Corsa 1.3 CDTi Life.

Bit of a strange engine really, only ever seemed to do about 45mpg and got through about 2 litres of engine oil in it's first 20k miles.  The chap at Vauxhall garage told me this was 'normal' so I didn't take it any further since the car didn't actually belong to me anyway.  Anyone else have a similar experience?  Also suffered from what I can only describe as the opposite of surging at low revs - it would feel like it was about to stall and kangaroo if allowed to drop to minimum revs without gas.  Very odd.

Other than that, it drove very nicely.  Smooth and reasonably quiet for a small diesel, with a decent amount of power when the turbo took hold.  Good all round visibilty both forward and rear, easy to control (barring the strange anti-surge thing) and comfortable with plenty of room inside.

A few small niggling problems I found annoying were drivers seat didnt seem to be able to move far enough forwards to properly accomodate my shorties (of which I had quite a few!).  Power steering got heavy when used on full lock repeatedly.  And finally THE Corsa problem - HANDBRAKE!  The handbrake sucks.  Seriously.  Stiff as a very stiff thing.  You gotta be built like a brick s*@thouse to pull it on and hold the car on any large hills, not to metion getting the damn thing back off again!  Pupils were terrified of hill starts due to this, and it turned out to be the reason I got rid in the end (well that and the lack of aircon!).

Overall probably a 7/10.

#98 05-08-06 06:05:32

Karenadi

Used to have problems with my Corsa handbrake, but mechanic said it just needed proper adjustment.  Never been an issue since.

#99 05-08-06 06:44:43

la.monikita
Verified Member

on the last service 33k, my handbrake was adjusted and works very well now, if my new one in sept has the same problem i will take it for adjustment too lol

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#100 05-08-06 07:51:42

adi
Verified Member
Website

Just got my 6th ever corsa 1.3cdti 5 door, very light steering, superb aircon, smooth gears but real, real easy to stall which is a bit of a nightmare at the mo as my pupils adjust from the last corsa which was a 1.7dti and you could actually pull away in 3rd gear if you liked!
The last car though which was 52 plate sxi was great other than:
New power steering
2 oil pumps
new gearbox
gear linkage
new indicator stalk switch
blown dash bulbs
stereo would not come on or sometimes go off !
All in all though i find them perfect for teaching in.

Board footer