You are not logged in.

#1 29-08-04 01:34:40

jonks

Seat Ibiza

Do you use a Seat Ibiza?

If so, tell us what you think about the car...

Pro's and cons of using the car for instruction.

What model do you use? (Eg. 1.4 Diesel)

How much does it cost to run?

29-08-04 01:34:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Seat Ibiza

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 29-08-04 06:28:24

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

1.2 SX 12v petrol 3 door

I think this is very good car, and pupils love it.
All except 1 pupil who have had lessons in the corsa, say they prefer the Ibiza.

Quiet engine.
Interior comfy.
Climate control, ABS, Height adj seats (Both but extra cost!), tiltable steering wheel, ABS.

As for an instructors point of view....
I find that its very comfy, especially, as i am in it all day long. being 5'11" i can stretch my legs fully, as there is no wheel arch in the way like i had in the corsa.
as for running costs, i'm getting between 270-300 miles per £30.00 (79.9p /litre), depending on how it gets driven, and how many reverse manouvres i do per tankfull.
Havent had it serviced YET, but its only about 3 months before i will be (10,000 miles)

The car cost me £8,350 OTR.
As for the extra costs which are included in that price, were duals, height adj front seats, and under seat storage, and MATS!  The original price i was quoted was £8,741, but i haggled.
Seat also do a £650 cashback for instructors, which is already off that total!

Anything ive missed i will add when i think about it!!!!

#3 02-09-04 22:33:08

Anonymous

I have the Seat Cordoba which is the booted version and quite a rare car.  The boot is enormous and the rear seats easily remove giving hatch back versitility.  I have the 130pd version which has plenty of oomf but the older 110 engine is better for learners since it pulls like a train fron lower revs and the turbo doesn't come in so abruptly.  Note that these cars have rubber damped flywheels so excessive clutch slip will overheat the rubber.  Flywheels cost a grand in parts alone to replace so not a car for fleet owners - owner drivers will find the cars great since they will take better care of them.  My clients love the car and I enjoy the performance

#4 03-09-04 06:01:38

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I take it the rubber damped flywheels, is the reason why you get a loy of smell from clutch when doing a lot of reverse manouvres, or if pupils rev it too much pulling away, and riding clutch!!!

#5 11-09-04 20:34:47

johnexley
Verified Member
Website

I use a Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDi .cool/S

Good visabilty for manouvres. Steering only 3 turns lock to lock.

Very responsive to gas - no problems when joining dual carriageways, or overtaking slow vehicles. Gears very flexible (3rd gear = 15 - 70 mph).

300 miles + on £25 tank of diesel.

Regards, John. wink

John Exley
A,B,BE,B1,C,CE,C1E,D1,D1E,f,k,l,n,p,h
http://www.johnexley.co.uk
http://www.towing-training.co.uk

#6 26-03-06 06:27:31

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I use the Ibiza 1.2 SX petrol.
Ive had it 21 months from new, and covered 38,800miles so far.
its been very reliable car, and my pupils love it for its comfort and easy to drive.
the only problem i have with it, is it occasionally jumps out of 1st if its not been pushed into gear enough. The Seat dealer have checked it and couldn't get it to happen but said there is nothing untoward that they could see, unless they stripped gearbox, which then could cost me upto £500 in labour if there was nothing wrong. as it only does it once or twice a week, i didn't see it as too much of a problem.

The other thing that annoyed me, was the fact that before i bought car, i asked if the dealership would be around for at least the 3 years i would be running car, and they gave me a very confident YES, then 12months later they were repaced by a Fiat/ Suzuki dealership, meaning my nearest Seat dealer is now 30miles away. But to be fair i had letter from the new dealers telling me, they would honour my servicing with genuine parts. Havent been there yet, but its nearly time to.

#7 18-06-06 14:25:02

jonks

Seat Ibeza

If you use, or have used this kind of car for driving instruction, please tell us what you think of it as training car.

#8 25-06-06 07:15:31

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

SEAT IBIZA......

1.2 SX 12v petrol 3 door, 2004

I have now had my car 2 years, and done 45,000 miles.

it has been a great car so far, with no problems.
it drives and handles well, and is well liked by all my puils. i have had loads lately who have come from other instructors, and they have all said they prefer my car to their previous one.

its great for manouvres, although vision out of back window not excellent, but combined with mirrors we get on ok. Its very comfortable car to drive, and also as a passenger.

Fuel consumption on average being used for lessons is between 32-40mpg. i do use the climate control aircon a lot too at moment. also a lot of reversing manouvres would take up petrol to make an inaccurate figure.

#9 11-09-06 14:47:21

smdtr

I haven't trained in this car however hired the 1.9TDI on holiday.  This will probably be my next car it has restored my faith in diesel after a dreadful 6 months with the corsa cdti.

Drives like a petrol with lots of power and very little surge in 2nd gear.  Very nice sporty design with alloys, nice shape and comes in 3 and 5 door.  Steering wheel small and steering is smooth.

Ahh I just loved this car.

Board footer