You are not logged in.

#1 20-06-06 22:30:16

titch

claims on insurance

not sure where to post this. so put it here.

my mate's boyfriend had a car crash over a month ago sad  .He was driving behind a car (something like a jeep) at bout 10mph and the jeep done an emergency stop, and my mates boyfriend went into the back of this jeep, ending up with his car being written off and the jeep having a few dents.
the lady of the jeep got out, started shouting her head off. my mate tried to calm her down but she ended up calling the police. the police took both there insurance details, and nothing became of it.

mind you this was over a month ago. the lady owner of the jeep has now decided to put in a claim saying she hurt her back n neck from this accident. she didnt seem to have any injurys when she got out the car or during the time she was being questioned by the police.

my mate boyfriend accepts its his fault for going into this jeep but is the lady liable to claim??

how long after an accident do you get to put in for a claim??

theory passed- think about 4th..
pratical passed- 1st time with 2minors..

Trisha

20-06-06 22:30:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: claims on insurance

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 20-06-06 23:22:39

bandb666
Verified Member

think wiplash can be delayed, someone ran into me last year & i felt fine at the time but 40 mins later & pain began resulting in doctors appointment next morning  sad

32228867b788f001d0578227977f51516cfb185f8a8b5a90a373e985.jpg

#3 21-06-06 08:43:09

sparkle

Youc an claim for injury up to 2 years after incident.

Whiplash is very much a delayed sympton (tell me about it  roll)

#4 21-06-06 19:12:22

chesney
Verified Member
Website

this is a scam,the new thing that is going around.It happened to my son.Same thing the driver infront stopped for nothing,my son was only travelling very slow,but just kissed her car so rto speak.The nice lady got out effin and jestin,her son in her car very very convient.Now acting as her witness.Now claimimg for whip lash.No injury or damage to my sons car or hers.The annoying part is now my son will lose part of his no claims and the so callec nice lady will get paid out.Evil person.

Chesney(Lady)

#5 21-06-06 19:57:29

titch

yeah i know whiplash can be delayed. as i had a crash last christmas eve and christmas day i woke up not being able to move my head. was in hospital 4hrs, and told i had whiplash, so know it can be delayed.

but this woman only had a few dents in her car. so why bother to claim??

ive told my mate to get a solictor and get them to get the other ladies medical records, as she woulda have to gone to doctors or hospital so she should have records on that,
also if it was that bad, resulting in whiplash in both her neck and back surely she would of been off from work for at least a couple of weeks. so told her to get those records too.

Trisha

#6 22-06-06 05:32:47

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
10 mph and a write off?
Some thing just doesn't seem right here.
I suppose if he was driving a Reliant Robin it maybe correct.

Equally the whiplash at 10mph doesn't seem right but that doesn't mean it is a scam.

Perhaps  it is the reported speed that is wrong!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 22-06-06 06:43:14

la.monikita
Verified Member

if someone hit my car i would want it the same state as b4 the incident yikes, and as pegasus said, how is it possible to write one car off at 10m/h and the other to only have few dents?

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#8 22-06-06 17:18:42

luchell

Yes some very important points. Perhaps your friend has neglected to mention a few more facts neutral

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 22-06-06 18:36:02

titch

the owner of the car that my mate's boyfriend crashes into had some sort of equipment on the back of the car that dented the front of the car. thats y is was written off by the police.

maybe my mate got it wrong but they couldnt of been doing much of a speed as they were que.

titch wrote:

if someone hit my car i would want it the same state as b4 the incident yikes, and as pegasus said, how is it possible to write one car off at 10m/h and the other to only have few dents?

but then surely this could of been settled out. my mate offered to pay for the dents to e replaced there and then but the lady just shouted at her.

Trisha

#10 22-06-06 18:37:53

titch

Hi
10 mph and a write off?
Some thing just doesn't seem right here.
I suppose if he was driving a Reliant Robin it maybe correct.

Equally the whiplash at 10mph doesn't seem right but that doesn't mean it is a scam.

Perhaps  it is the reported speed that is wrong!

i got whiplash last year and i was doing less than 10mph that in a supermarket car park, was only cuz of the way i crashed into the other car. it ended up me having a week off work cuz i couldnt move my neck at all. hospital records can prove that too.

Trisha

#11 23-06-06 07:04:13

pj
Verified Member

titch wrote:

It can happen, happened to an old work colleague of mine, they were in slow moving traffic and she got bumped from behind, but that little bump made the whole car go out of alignment and it was a writeoff

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Board footer