You are not logged in.

#1 22-06-06 18:45:48

peachy
Verified Member

re pink licence

Please can someone clear up my confusion about the time scale for having a pink licence? Is it for 6 month from when you receive it? Also if you go with a driving school on a pink do they give you what you need in the way of progress sheets etc or do you download them from the DSA?  lol

22-06-06 18:45:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: re pink licence

#2 22-06-06 18:52:39

evan

It is six months from the commencement date on the licence. You will be required to undertake a further 20 hours training and have this signed off.
With regard progress sheets, it is far better for you to keep a log of everything you do and undertake further training, to establish any weaknesses in your teaching. Don't expect too much help from driving schools, make sure that you have a disciplined approach as to how many hours you work, and study. Always ensure that whatever you work, is matched with at least the same amount of hours for study and lesson analysis.

I would also advise you to try and have regular assessments before attempting your part 3 try and find (if you don't have one) a good well recommended trainer, it will cost you extra money, but failing to do so could cost you a lot more.

I'm sure others will give you further advice as well. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress. Ev

#3 22-06-06 19:16:54

luchell

Ev's pretty much covered it there. Do you mean the Pst marking sheets for part three? If so no you will need to get a copy of the driving instructors handbook to get those. Someone may have them here though. Bsm did give us those.

#4 22-06-06 20:34:28

peachy
Verified Member

Thanks for that. I am still unclear as to what paperwork I should be using for pupils and myself or is it just personal choice? The course doesnt go into anything like that,  for example how to record your pupils progress, what you need to give them to take away. I have a copy of the instructors handbook on order. Does this have info in it on this?

#5 22-06-06 20:36:26

evan

You need something like a track record. They do supply them on RCM marketing and similar sites have a look on there and check out the price. If you are going with one of the large companies they usually supply this sort of material. Ev

#6 22-06-06 23:07:02

luchell

Talking of track records Ev............ lol lol

Board footer