#1 22-06-06 18:57:08

kully
Verified Member

so near on part 3 like england let my defence down when it mattered

Hi all

I had my part 3 1st attempt today

preset test 7

phase 1 approaching junctions left and right

gave a good brief and clear guideline on what to do. picked up his coasting round corners picked and corected cutting corners

phase 2 pedestrian crossings and use of signals

q & a went well but his signals were to early and wrong timings got him to undeerstand importance of correct timings picked up on him flashing cars in minor road to pull out .

In fairness this examiner was very fair gave me lifelines which i failed to take up on a couple.

Got 4 3

told me had good potential and told me to brink a bottled drink as he was aware where i had failed to respond in time my ,mouth was going dry.

All week been telling myself to take a drink but forgot on the day doesnt help that i had a chest infection not making excuses.

Must say though i really enjoyed the experience and now now from 1st hand experience what is required.

Definetley not going to let my guard down next time.

Kully

22-06-06 18:57:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: so near on part 3 like england let my defence down when it mattered

#2 22-06-06 19:03:05

luchell

What a great first attempt. Well done. also you are SO much wiser now than you were before you took it. You are no longer going into the unknown. A drink, yes where i had been on a pink i was used to having my bottle of juice with me. I didn't need any but it was there if i needed it.

any idea when you will take the next and hopefully last one smile

#3 22-06-06 19:06:43

kully
Verified Member

hi luchell

well i rang my training provider for the additional 5 hrs training but they cant fit me in till july 27 i think they said which is no good to me as my licence expires august 17.

just getting my firts attempt was a nightmare irang in march to book a test but they had nothing available so i paid anyway and they said they will inform me on the first available appointment, which wasnt till and of may i recieved confirmation of todays appointment.

if i have to wait that long again my licewnce will expire any advice

thanks

Kully

#4 22-06-06 19:14:06

Jellybean
Verified Member

I think I would be telling them that date is not good enough.  They took your money and now they need to follow through with the appropriate training at the correct time.  Pointing out the problem with dates and that it is not an option.  Your agreement states (presumably) that the required training is available and they need to stick to that and provide what is needed.  I wouldn't take no for an answer. :evil:

I am making the presumption that your training company is one of the large training providers and they schedule there timetable.  I wouldn't take no for an answer. big_smile

Jellybean

#5 22-06-06 19:19:04

kully
Verified Member

Jellybean

i have to ring them again 2morrow

what do ineed to do to extend my licence if it came to that situation

i dont htink there is anyway i can fit in another 2 attempts before my licence expires ( hopefully i wont need the 3rd attempt)

but in case should i prepare my case for an extension or should my provider do this for me. Theres no way ii think that i will be able to fit in another 2 attempts due to length of time i had to wait getting my first attempt in.

Kully

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 22-06-06 19:21:03

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Oh so close sad you know where you went wrong though, so get out there with your trainer and next time you'll pass big_smile

#7 22-06-06 22:41:12

Jellybean
Verified Member

I don't know the answer to that I'm afraid but someone else on here does because I am sure there was a thread about it not long ago.  Well good luck and don't let them fob you off.  Its only because as a company they have to follow a system, which unfortunately is not actually geared up to the individuals they are trying to train. smile

Jellybean big_smile

Board footer