You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 20-06-06 23:07:32

Russ
Verified Member
Website

Re: CITRËON C3

C3 got 2 1 petrol 1 diesel, 1 auto, 1 manual.

C3 in general can seem a bit plasticly inside but so can any other car for that matter.
in general i find the seating very comfortable, for teaching all day, as the seating is sited higher up you (or pupils) have a better view all around.

Steering is very light elecrically assisted variable power steering, you can turn it with 1 finger from the passenger side with ease (when stationary), turning circle is bigger on the auto.

as both are 4 doors a good visability through rear side windows, plus an extra 1/4 light rear widow is usefull. rear window is no higher than any other car in its size or class. but the diesel is desire trim, no rear head restraints, auto sx trim 3 head restraints can be a problem for smaller learners.

economy;
diesel... as with others very good for learning now the hot weather is here air con on mpg 44 on manouvers 49 normal, in winter air con still on but mid temp 48 and 53 mpg, on a pass plus or m/w run easy to achieve 65mpg at 70mph.(blis)

Auto... been very suprised, general teaching returing 35mpg (being in right gear for right reason, haha) with air con on, a recent trip to birmingham form bristol at m/w speed returned 49 to a gallon, (could'nt believe this).

Under the bonnet very easy to see smtm points.

servicing diesel 20k once a year, ave £120.
auto 10k not had 1st service yet.

All in all very pleased with both cars. stive too be a bit different.

Would recomend a test drive if unsure.
russ

20-06-06 23:07:32

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 21-06-06 19:04:57

johnp
Verified Member

The warning must always be given that the earlier C3 16v Diesel was totally unsuitable for instruction. He Man would not make duals for it and it was classed as a 1 Steer clear.
I know as I almost bought one until He Man told me not to touch one under any circumstances.
I understand that last year they sorted the ECU problem for the  new ones, but if the duals were pressed by the instructor whilst the gas was pressed by the driver, the engine cut out.

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

#28 21-06-06 20:27:54

Russ
Verified Member
Website

Not had an issue with either.
He-man duals cable type on diesel, but is humble 1.4 8v. occasionaly if i brake as pup has put gas on engine management light goes on for a few ec then clears.

on the auto 1.4 8v petrol, have F.A.S.T. universal duals fitted myself noproble as yet in 3 months. with an auto it can be hairy if pup does press gas as you brake and will affect any auto.

russ

#29 29-06-06 16:40:30

marsbar
Verified Member

Hi
I bought a 1.4lx petrol a month ago, second hand (52 reg).
No probs so far.  Pupils love it, only real fly in the ointment is the high biting point, beginners take ages to find it.

Interior is great, very light and airy.  High driving position is great for the vertically challenged.   Loads of storage for all the junk I seem to accumulate, good size boot as well.  Quite nippy, I find the gas pedal is a little too light for me, I prefer a bit more resistance, learners find setting the gas a bit of a trial, but hey, they will always find something they don't like when you change cars.  Digital speedo is a bonus, not too sure about the strange tacometer.   Brakes excellent, and the handbrake holds really well on steep hills (Vauxhall take note!)
Very economical, service every 20k.

All in all I'm very pleased with it, only wish that with this hot weather I'd spent a little more and gone for an SX with Air Con!

Money doesn`t talk - it swears!
Bob Dylan

#30 03-10-06 22:31:15

Andycap
Verified Member
Website

Have just purchased a new Diesel C3 and having moved on from a Corsa diesel I'm well impressed.  For once I don't have back ache as the C3 seats give adequate lumbar support, The He Man controls are the rod type rather than cable and I can't find any fault with them.  All of my pupils have commented on the high ride position and find reversing easier as there is lots of glass to look out of.

All in all a good instructing car.

#31 10-12-06 23:26:09

Russ
Verified Member
Website

Just bought new c3 1.6hdi exclusive.

Great seats, as i've mentioned above but even greater economy.

1.6 only has 1500 miles and is returning 55mpg. this is 10% better than my 1.4 hdi. expecting a bit moore when run in properly. hardy use gas as engine has so much torque.

russ

Board footer