You are not logged in.

#1 16-06-06 17:15:07

jonks

Training buddies

I see a lot of people posting asking for "training buddies" in their area.

What are the benefits of finding a training buddy, and what can you help eachother with exactly?  I ask because it may be worth setting up a special section of the site for finding training partners.

16-06-06 17:15:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Training buddies

#2 16-06-06 17:49:31

pj
Verified Member

A training buddy is a great thing to have,  you practice your driving together, and then practice your pst's together. It's also nice to have the support of someone who knows what you are going through as when you are training family don't really understand the pressures involved. I think it is important that you are both at the same point in your training and probably best if you have the same trainer, then you are both singing from the same hymn sheet.

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#3 16-06-06 18:15:08

markA.d.I

Agree with PJ, i found it a great way of bolstering my training, especially on part 3 training!

#4 16-06-06 18:46:55

june315
Verified Member

I totally agree also, I have found a wonderful training buddy from this site. We have been out a few times now and I know that it has definately helped me I would recommend it.

22/06/07 - part 1 - 93% 64
31/07/07 - part 2 - passed 3m
11/05/09 - part 3 - 4/4

#5 16-06-06 19:00:22

Michael (in Croydon)
Verified Member

I agree with PJ
your buddy is not there to train you,
Just having somebody in the same boat as you, and willing to listen to you practising your instruction or to watch you drive, is a great help
-  Than with some of the best advice for free right here on the forum! any help needed is only a post away,
  Michael

You can tell a horse to drink a thousand times, but all you really need to do is help him realise he’s thirsty. (Coaching)"

#6 17-06-06 13:25:59

markA.d.I

Test Fees 
Theory Test
Standard fee for Car, Motorcycle, and Vocational (Lorry and Bus) £21.50
Potential / Approved Driving Instructor £50.00
ADI hazard perception assessment  £20.50 
Practical Test - Weekdays
Car  £48.50
Tractor £48.50
Motorcycle  £58.00
Lorry/Bus £89.00
Car and Trailer £89.00
Practical Test - Saturday and Weekday Evenings
Car Test £58.00
Tractor £58.00
Motorcycle  £68.00
Lorry/Bus £107.00
Car and Trailer £107.00
Extended Test Weekday – after disqualification
Car  £97.00
Motorcycle  £116.00
Extended Test Saturday – after disqualification
Car  £116.00
Motorcycle  £136.00
To book a test phone 0870 010 1372 between 8am and 6pm weekdays and between 8am and 4pm on Saturdays or use our online booking service
Close Window

#7 18-06-06 00:27:06

Michael (in Croydon)
Verified Member

Like the intro to your web site
tell me
is your car a left hand drive? :evil: :evil:

You can tell a horse to drink a thousand times, but all you really need to do is help him realise he’s thirsty. (Coaching)"

#8 18-06-06 12:53:13

Michael (in Croydon)
Verified Member

have a look at you web site! :evil:

#9 18-06-06 13:01:25

pj
Verified Member

well spotted michael, didn't notice that the first time i looked lol

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#10 18-06-06 13:03:15

VandADI
Administrator

How many Minis do you have Chris?
Just a couple of things regarding your website, although it looks flash, you don't actually state you have fully qualified DSA ADI's.
The Motorway lessons are at £50. is that per hour?
Also there is a spelling error you have written duel controlled vehicles, this should read DUAL.
Your main focus on your website is the car rather than your services as an ADI.  A pic of your green badge, possibly a DSA logo would go a long way to convince prospective clients that you are professionals.

#11 18-06-06 13:12:32

luchell

Also on the intro bit Innovative is spelt INNAVATIVE get that bit changed. wink

#12 18-06-06 13:13:35

evan

You never know there could be fencing lessons as well.............Unguard..................only joking. You have to have a laugh on a Sunday afternoon. EV

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#13 18-06-06 14:55:49

driving partnership
Website

see being a qualified fencing coach i no that should have read on guard hehehehe !!!!!!!! french rubbish...... hehehe

#14 18-06-06 14:59:19

evan

Touche Monsieur, Rapier or cutlass. Or don't you fight pirates. ha ha ha Ev

#15 18-06-06 15:03:16

driving partnership
Website

hey foil is the only way to go and anything that make you dress up like a white storm trooper and wear darth vaders mask is a little odd in my eyes

#16 19-06-06 15:34:25

driving partnership
Website

been roped into being a traing buddy. any tips for what we should be getting up to

#17 19-06-06 16:18:03

evan

Practising PST's every second you have. One role play pupil, and one act as instructor.

Listen to each others briefings see what's missing, keep the good points throw out the crap. Keep on doing all the PST's and get to know them inside out. Also develop a teaching style, the PST's are the backbone to a lesson, you must develop them into something interesting. Practice your Q and A remember to teach what has been asked.

ie: don't start an Emergency Stop lesson then drift into something else, you won't have time to flit from one subject to another on a part 3 test.

Get all of your work overseen by a trainer, if in doubt ask him. Under no circumstances practice blindly, otherwise it could be counterproductive.

Ev

Board footer