You are not logged in.

#1 05-11-04 13:05:52

seasider
Verified Member

Blueprint cd's Originals or Copies?

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me, I have been reading the earlier threads about these cd's.   I bought some about 6 months ago off ebay and am now wondering if they are copies or not? 

How do you tell?

Seasider

05-11-04 13:05:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Blueprint cd's Originals or Copies?

#2 05-11-04 13:46:44

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

If you bought mine (Buzzinhornets f1) they are genuine, wish I'd kept them, ended up buying another set.

I think my set are OK, they look like the information printed on the CD  is part of the CD rather than an afterthought and they came with the diagram book which is part of the deal.

No guarantees though.

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 05-11-04 21:14:46

Marcus

seasider wrote:

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me, I have been reading the earlier threads about these cd's.   I bought some about 6 months ago off ebay and am now wondering if they are copies or not? 

How do you tell?

Seasider

If they have printed white paper labels stuck on them or anything like that, they are copies as I have found to my cost. I have ordered a real set from Brian Stratton and they are lovely shiny CDs looking like holograms both sides, that's the best way I can describe them...

The ITP diagrams come properly printed... and not some nasty blurred photocopy...

Marcus

#4 05-11-04 22:18:32

Helvary

Hi

I bought Blueprints off an ADI from this forum. Assumed they were originals and paid in good faith. I found out later that they are copies and feel very bad that I have been duped into acting unprofessionally.
Copies have labels stuck on them, they look professional but the label is a dead giveaway. The originals have the logos burnt on them, as you would find on any shop bought CD.
Don't be fooled as I was. Brian Stratton is also looking into prosecuting those individuals who are found copying and selling discs via ebay.

Helen

#5 06-11-04 19:39:00

Paul

Hello all,
I started the threads some time ago now, and i`m glad to see that you guys are now thinking about these cd`s before you buy them, and at last something is being done to stop this,or these twats ripping people off, if the lable on the cd is white, then they are copies ! so ask the seller this BEFORE you buy, some people brought sets and they played ok, but like me, and alot of others got a set that didn`t.

DON`T GET RIPPED OFF, ASK THE SELLER IF THE LABLE ON THE CD`S ARE WHITE, IF THEY ARE, DON`T BUY THEM, AND LET BRIAN STRATTON KNOW  WHO THE SELLER IS, AND WHERE THE'RE BEING SOLD. HIS TEL NUMBER IS :07860 260720

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A SET BUY ONE FROM HIM, "THEY WILL HELP YOU"

Thanks for your help guys in letting others know about these copies, i don`t like to be ripped off, and the people selling the copies wouldn`t, so why should they get away with it   wink 

Paul

#6 08-11-04 18:04:11

seasider
Verified Member

Hi again,

Thanks for the info, I think mine are originals luckily!   big_smile

They have the writing printed on them in black.  I went on to Brians website and the only difference between his and mine is that mine have copyright 2001 all rights reserved Brian M Stratton on the left and copyright do not copy in capitals on the right   :!:  - maybe I have a slightly older version than what is available now?

I am glad they are original as the cost a lot of money.  I have been watching the ones on ebay and some of those guys have made a fortune selling copies.  I emailed one about a week ago asking if they were originals but he hasn't bothered to reply - funny that!  I think they are copies though as he had 5 available.  :evil:

Thanks again.

Seasider

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 08-11-04 19:20:14

Marcus

seasider wrote:

Hi again,

Thanks for the info, I think mine are originals luckily!   big_smile

They have the writing printed on them in black.  I went on to Brians website and the only difference between his and mine is that mine have copyright 2001 all rights reserved Brian M Stratton on the left and copyright do not copy in capitals on the right   :!:  - maybe I have a slightly older version than what is available now?

I am glad they are original as the cost a lot of money.  I have been watching the ones on ebay and some of those guys have made a fortune selling copies.  I emailed one about a week ago asking if they were originals but he hasn't bothered to reply - funny that!  I think they are copies though as he had 5 available.  :evil:

Thanks again.

Seasider

Mine, bought last month from Brian Stratton are the same as yours Seasider.

There was someone selling copies on ebay in September that I also emailed and this was the "conversation":
--------------------
ME: You seem to have a constant supply of these CDs to sell. Are you a reseller or something?

ThemHi there
              i get a these professionally copied from someone in the industry are you interested in a set??

regards
--------------------
So, there you go.

I also was looking at qbid.co.uk at summat else today and out of curiosity typed in driving instructor. There is a set going on there.... different username but similar text:

http://boxer.ebid.co.uk/perl/objects/ma … pe=keyword

#8 08-11-04 21:25:55

Paul

Hi all,
Thanks for your input with this, if you see someone selling COPIES of these cd`s email Brian Stratton at : www.instructor- trianing.co.uk, telling him where there being sold, and the heading there being sold under, you don`t have to say who you are if you don`t want to, but he`s the one that`s got the copyright on the cd`s, and he`s the one that can and will doo the seller for copying and selling them.

Like i`ve said, when i started the threads tell people about the copies being sold out there, it was to try and help stop you from being ripped off, and i hope it has helped, and it`s grate to see you guys are doing the same, but  let Brian Stratton know when you see a set being sold, "THAT YOU FEEL, OR KNOW ARE COPIES, and you`ll be helping him stop these bits of pond life from ripping others off.

The one thought that crossed my mind is, did these twats become driving instructors ? because if they did, i wouldn`t want one of them teaching any of my kids to drive !

DSA ADI 14, And i quote from the question on page 6 :
"Can anyone apply to be an Approved Driving Instructor ?" NO. If you want to be an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) YOU MUST :

"Be a fit and proper person to have your name entered in the Register"

:?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?

Paul

Board footer