You are not logged in.

#26 13-06-06 13:53:07

Karl
Verified Member

Re: Which company to use for trainee license?

i am on a six month contract but if I qualify within the six months there will put me on a franchise is i wanted!
I get about £6.15 an hour hope that has helped some people out

Karl

Part 1- 93% and 67
Part 2- 2 Minors
Part 3- Passed 20th Dec 4/5 2006

13-06-06 13:53:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#27 14-06-06 12:10:14

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

Hi Simon,

This is always a dilema trying to be a part time instructor. You will have to cover your fixed costs and these tend to be:

1) Car buy or lease. We would recommend The Driving Instuctor Centre for a lease. You can usually get a dual controlled new car on a 7 month lease for about £70 to £80 a week.

2) Insurance about £10 per week for your car and £1 for professional insurances.

3) Franchise fee, unless you can get a per pupil deal.

Your fuel will depend upon the amount of hours you teach, I reckon about 2 litres an hour in a small petrol car. Taking all this into account ask yourself how many hours you need to work to cover your costs and how you can afford it if you have a bit of a lull in business.

Colin Martin
The Bright Red L http://thebrightredl.com
Instructor Apps http://drivinginstructorapps.co.uk
Apps Video channel https://www.youtube.com/colinbythesea

#28 14-06-06 12:15:43

luchell

Karl, what franchise would you want to go on when you nail part three? smile Did you want to go on a different franchise fee at the start but wanted to do part time until you get your green? (Just being nosey wink)

#29 15-06-06 20:57:04

Karl
Verified Member

yeh thats about right Luch, i will carry on doing part time until i qualify then move on to a full time franchise fo a couple of years with bsm then move to the AA (hopefully)

Part 1- 93% and 67
Part 2- 2 Minors
Part 3- Passed 20th Dec 4/5 2006

#30 15-06-06 21:26:36

luchell

Lot of money to pay on the full franchise especially over a couple of years!!!!!! It cost me 8 grand in fees in 6 months when i was there, i ran out of the door the second my contract is up. I was totally exhausted trying to make end meet on that franchise and the 100 pounds a week fuel the corsa was gobbling :?

#31 15-06-06 21:32:52

evan

Agree with Luchell about paying out this sort of money.

Name me a job where you pay out £1200 per month so you can work and advertise for the employer before you earn anything yourself. Then you have to pay your petrol, then you have to give yourself a wage.

Perhaps this is where this £30,000 I keep hearing about comes from, of course they forget to mention that you give half of that amount away in franchise and petrol costs. Ev

#32 15-06-06 21:36:36

luchell

Thats why i didn't stay, i was offered the associate franchise similar to the AA buy the pupils you need at 40 percent per lesson they take yikes yikes At least that what my officewr manager told me. Thats no better that paying half your week to them really. If you are a newer starter you won't have a full enough diary to do this will.

I was also told i would have to BUY all the pupils i had from them when i first started!!!!!!!! I said what am i paying all this weekly for, i was told its policy so thought no way!!

To cut a long story short what a relief to now be independent, it has its moments but i wouldn't change it for the world smile I feel so much better putting the money in MY pocket instead of handing it straight over to the office girls still seems odd but VERY nice smile

#33 15-06-06 21:44:58

evan

Yes if you took £500 out of your pocket each month and went into the garden and set fire to it you would still be better off being an indie. I have to say if the work ever gets so bad that I couldn't manage I would probably go back to nursing, I would never give anyone £1200 per month again. Ev

#34 15-06-06 21:49:03

luchell

Likewise but i couldn't go back to nursing. I am going to let my registration lapse in september this year. Maybe i should renew anyhow so i don't have to re register that would be a nightmare. but then i know i never want to do it again.  roll

#35 15-06-06 21:52:20

evan

Well let's hope it never comes to that for either of us Hayley.

Maybe I could get a job digging water holes in Sierra Leone for the handsome price of a bowl of rice. Because I would do this before handing over that sort of money again.
The Sierra Leone bit I would actually like to do if I could afford not to have to work, and pay a mortgage. Ev

Board footer