You are not logged in.

#1 11-06-06 15:28:05

giggles184
Verified Member

errrrrr sorry i really dunno where to put this

helooooooo

well i know im not a learner but i got a question about sommit i covered in my advanced lessons that isnt an advanced concept and arghhh im sooooooo confused  :oops: its about box junctions. I really didnt cover them a whole lot in my L lessons and just tended to deal with them in wat i hoped was the corect safe way after id passed and then thursday happend  :oops: OMG im now totally confused about them can any1 help and just in a vague roundabout way explain them a smidge pleeeeeeeeese  big_smile thanks you  big_smile

ADI part 1 - passed 1st attempt 11/5/09 97/63
ADI part 2 - passed 1st attempt 03/09/09 - 1 minor big_smile
ADI part 3........... start training 27/9/09 then we shall see!

11-06-06 15:28:05

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: errrrrr sorry i really dunno where to put this

#2 11-06-06 15:36:10

luchell

what happened? If you can tell me that i can help more wink Basically you need to plan ahead so you do not end up sat aimlessly in one, you MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear.

If you are sat in one you are probably blocking traffic from going where they want to go. Hence the reason they are used to keep traffic moving as much as possible. The only time you can wait in a box junction is when the only thing blocking you from turning RIGHT is oncoming vehicles. so in other words once they have gone you can turn RIGHT.

Have a look at this link to the highway code online. It explains it pretty well wink

#3 11-06-06 15:48:27

giggles184
Verified Member

well i used to sit waiting to turn rite, next to my turning point i was told to sit outside the box *well not really told dualled and then shown really* but then he said a whole load of other stuff that made me think arghhh im confused like on the next turn wen we gave way to the traffic we did it differently and then a taxi almost collided with the front of his car *scariness* but there i was sat right inside the box??? am i making any sense at all if im not im sorry LOL

#4 11-06-06 15:51:47

luchell

Sounds like you were doing everything fine and the other driver just got too close? Did your Adi say anything about it after?

#5 11-06-06 16:07:09

giggles184
Verified Member

he just said that the taxi shud have pulled back some more but that he wasnt in fact in the wrong which confused me a little cos apparently i werent in the wrong either! im just confused about wen the best time is to enter the box i mean i know wen my exit is clear and that but on some roads surely in order to get out u have to sit in the box for a very short period of time no?? im gibbering sorry

Board footer