You are not logged in.

#1 08-06-06 06:02:13

Rob
Verified Member
Website

Renault Megane

Does anybody have any experience of using a Renault Megane. My main concern is are they reliable?

08-06-06 06:02:13

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Renault Megane

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 09-06-06 11:04:25

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Hi Rob. Not used the megane, but if its as reliable has my clio , 1.5 dci, it'll be fine.

Have seen the odd megane knocking about, but not to many of them

kjs

#3 09-06-06 11:46:53

markA.d.I

I used a Megane, had a lovely black one, fantastic car the only probs were the visibility for my pupils.

I loved it though, but got rid for something easier for my pupils, the local Renault dealer is pants as well but the car was faultless!

#4 09-06-06 12:27:28

WOOF
Verified Member

I have had a Megane since 1999. Bought new. Not had a scrap of bother with it. Lovely car to drive.

Latest model looks better and more appealing.

Only gripe I have is that services are expensive.

Regards,

WOOF
--------------------
Part 1 - 100/68 - 01/08/2005
Part 2 - 4 Minors - 19/10/2005
Part 3 - 4/4 - 27/06/2006

#5 09-06-06 13:50:16

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Service costs most be the same for all makes and models. My clio is very expensive on servicesIts due its 54000ml service in a few months. I know that you can have trouble with the warranty if you don't keep it serviced, but as its only valid up to 60000 ml, I'm considering letting my local 'one man band' garage do it, will probably save me a bomb.

I to am not that happy with after sales , the sales people themselves are excellent, but the rest ......

kjs

#6 09-06-06 22:54:34

bcsom
Verified Member
Website

Currently running 3 of them - and I'm on my second.  One of my Franchisees picks his second one up next week.

Reduce the servicing by using a local mechanic.  Mine checked with Renault, and they agreed that if he uses Renault parts, the warranty isn't affected.  So when my alternator got noisy, I got a nice shiney new one, no questions asked.

Enjoy the car - and stay out of Sheffield!  Meganes are kind of exclusive to us around here - especially blue ones!

Russ Green DSA ADI
BLUE CAR School of Motoring
Sheffield

ORDIT 1, 2 & 3 Approved 1-2-1 Pay-As-You-Go Driving Instructor Training

DIAmond Advanced Tests
DIAmond Special Tests

www.blue-car.co.uk (thanks Jonks!)

#7 01-07-06 15:45:38

Rob
Verified Member
Website

Cheers guys i have decided to take the plunge and done the deal today. Brand new Megane 1.5dci dynamique 5 door £9995 plus otr costs (£50 tax £38 reg fee).

#8 01-07-06 18:21:09

1stdrive

Hoooray I'm gettin the same Megane 1.5dci next Friday, replacing the 206, glad it's got good reviews I've only ever heard good things about it  big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

#9 01-07-06 19:48:40

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi 1st
When are you going to drop the picture of the poison dwarf? big_smile big_smile big_smile

#10 01-07-06 20:33:18

1stdrive

:oops: will be done now   roll  roll  roll

Board footer