You are not logged in.

#1 05-06-06 20:23:52

jackluxford
Verified Member

Pink Ticket Time

I've not posted here for a while because I've been cracking on with my part 3 training. Anyway, I've done my 40hrs and I'm still not ready for my test. At times I wonder what it takes to be ready.
My only way forward now is to get the pink ticket and carry on that way, when will it end?
More expense, more training... but I WILL get there!!

Jack.

Part 1 - 16/6/2005 Passed 95/57
Part 2 - 12/10/2005 Failed 6/1
Part 2 - 25/10/2005 Passed! 2 minors
Part 3 - 13/12/2006 Failed 3-4
Part 3 - 21/12/2006 Failed 2-3 (disgusting)
Part 3 - 13/6/2007 Failed 3-3

05-06-06 20:23:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pink Ticket Time

#2 05-06-06 21:34:32

Jellybean
Verified Member

I know the feeling, I have done my 40 hours with TIC and know I couldn't go out and teach on what I have done so far.  I am going on a pink in 3 weeks and before hand have another 10 hours booked up beforehand with a possibility of more as and when I need it.

The money seems to be sliding out the door in a flood at the moment, car, insurance, duals, licence and thats just so far.   But it will get better.  I get the car on Wednesday, first extra lesson on Friday, duals next week.

Its all rather draining tongue which husbands and children don't really understand.  But I am looking forward to starting on the pink and getting some real practice in.

Good Luck

Jellybean big_smile

#3 05-06-06 21:39:52

evan

If I can be candid. I trained with TIC and if we all received 40 hours 1-1 training, we would probably have all been nearly ready for part 3. In truth though it's never 40 hours.

Ok you may be at the College for 40 hours, but the tuition certainly isn't 40 hours is it. This is where the problems arise. The truth of the matter is most of us leave these organisations feeling like rabbits caught in the headlights.

It will almost certainly be necessary for you both to have at least another 40 hours spent practising and probably some time with another trainer before you are Test ready. Sorry to be blatantly honest, but I am speaking from experience of the so called 40 hours training sessions. Ev

#4 05-06-06 21:52:06

Jellybean
Verified Member

Oh I quite agree with you Evan.  I reckon on my 40 hours I got 7 sat in the instructors side of the car.  Now would the DSA agree this was my 40 hours training.  I have to say I did find the classroom sessions helpful and it had its uses having two people in the car.  But the 40 hours covered 6 days.  The mornings in the classroom and the afternoons in the car, coffee break, discussion, 2 PDI's equates to about an hour each.  Not enough, in fact it is scary that legally if I found a sponsor I could just go out and get paid to teach.  It was a farce really. :police:

Jellybean   big_smile

#5 05-06-06 23:16:24

evan

I still feel that if the Driving Instructor Courses were run in the same way that an NVQ or similar syllabus was run, then there would be a far better chance of people getting what they have paid for.

For instance: if you are in the ''hotseat'' for 1 hr that is how much you and your trainer sign off. Seems like the best way of dealing with getting what you have paid for if nothing else.

Lets be fair if you go to a restaurant and pay for a meal, you wouldn't expect two knives and forks and someone else to share it would you?

Ev

#6 06-06-06 05:30:44

jackluxford
Verified Member

I've done all my training with New Driver on a 1 - 1 basis, in car not classroom.
My problem is that I CANNOT get out of my head that my trainer is in roll play, I know he can drive, I know he's not going to knock that old lady over, I know he's not going to hit something else in his car.
I feel confident enough to sit with real learners and I think (hope) that I've enough knowledge to deal with the situations that may arise, its just that something in my mind keeps reminding me "this aint a real pupil". I know I've got to overcome this as it's exactly what the test is, so.... pupils, watch out, I'm coming to get you!! big_smile

Jack.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 06-06-06 07:32:09

Morgan
Verified Member

Oh I quite agree with you Evan.  I reckon on my 40 hours I got 7 sat in the instructors side of the car.  Now would the DSA agree this was my 40 hours training.  I have to say I did find the classroom sessions helpful and it had its uses having two people in the car.  But the 40 hours covered 6 days.  The mornings in the classroom and the afternoons in the car, coffee break, discussion, 2 PDI's equates to about an hour each.  Not enough, in fact it is scary that legally if I found a sponsor I could just go out and get paid to teach.  It was a farce really. :police:

Jellybean   big_smile

JB, I had a big argument with the TIC over this. If you read the DSA website it says the 40 hours must be practical. A good half of our was in the classroom, which is theory in my book. Even when sitting in the  back its not "practical" by the definition of the word as you are not actually "doing" it.
I spoke with the DSA over this and their responce was apathetic to say the least. I was surprised that they were not concerned that PDI's are obtaining pink licences via what amounts to fraudulant sign off's on their 40 hours.

This may be a contributing reason for them stopping the pink, but really thats not solving the real problem.  Unfortunately I do not have the answer, but surely the DSA cannot claim to be unaware of what goes on and by doing nothing are condoning it.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 06-06-06 07:45:44

evan

The problem is that I CANNOT get out of my head that my trainer is in roll play, I know he can drive, I know he's not going to knock that old lady over, I know he's not going to hit something else in his car.

It's important that you do get into the roll play situation. If you can buddy up with someone, also doing part 3, you can have a go at doing the roll play yourself. By acting as the pupil yourself and throwing some mistakes in, you will get a better appreciation of what the examiner is doing. This will get you into the swing of it and help you to enjoy it as well. Ev

#9 06-06-06 08:30:41

Macca
Verified Member

Jellybean   big_smile

I find it unbelievable that out of 40 hours of Part 3 training at The Instructor College (TIC) you only obtained 7 hours of actual practical training with you playing the role of the instructor. How can you possibly be ready for the test. There are about 18 different lesson topics that may arise on the Part 3 test and you need to have at least one go at delivering each lesson. Some topics need to be covered at a phase 1 as well as a phase 2 level as well as the new experienced driver level. On top of this there are at least 10 sub-skills to master before you can possible be considered as ready.

Did the classroom session intergrate with the practical session (i.e. did you immediately put the theory you had learnt in the morning into practice in the afternoon)? In otherwords was the training properly structured in small easy steps where each sub-skill was developed in turn before being combined and did you logically progress from the simple lesson topics to the more complex? Or was it the more typical type of training were you learn everthing all at once in one big chunk and then go out and practice PSTs and get completely overwhelmed?

The problem with companies that make all their money from instructor training (including those phoney driving schools who main source of income is from selling instructor training courses) is that they are only interested in providing the contracted training hours despite what they may say when they are getting you to sign up. The training is provided in the most convenient and cheapest way possible with too few trainers and with little regard for results. The only way most of these people will pass Part 3 is if they get extra training from a competent trainer on a 1-to-1 basis and/or go on a trainee license with a decent driving school.

#10 06-06-06 10:44:05

luchell

Nice post Macca. I will say with Bsm day one was classroom day was on road putting into practice what we learnt in theory the day before. We did have a go at delivering each and every pst. There wasn't anywhere near as much practical as i would have liked BUt it was well structured.

also yes we did do practical things in the classroom. In pairs we had to sit as if one was the pupil one was the instructor and deliver briefings. It was quite hysterical to be honest, one guy was making all the brum brum noises as well. Had me kneeling over in tears he was brilliant. It wasn't all bad and it was enjoyable. It certainly seems i got alot more than some. I still say there is a good structure to Bsms course i just dont think it is enough on its own to pass part three.

#11 06-06-06 11:44:33

adam1516

I have to say I agree with all of the posts here. I am currently undergoing pt 3 training with a local ADI, all 1-1 training. When he started, he went to TIC, but eventually left them through poor training standards and a whole host of other failings. So, he ended up paying twice, losing over £3k with TIC, and eventually training with a reputable ADI.

He told me an amusing story about a PDI who actually passed his part 3 with TIC. This guy was asked to give a few words in a classroom full of PDI's, and when asked what advice he would give to any PDI's, he said "don't bother training here"!! Funny.

Yes, I think it is farcical that that a PDI can be signed off for his 40 hours, without ever actually doing them, and be allowed to apply for a pink and start teaching. Actually, I don't think it's far off criminal negligence.

Then again, the whole training process for part 3 strikes me as being deeply flawed. Let's face it, is part 3 really about teaching genuine pupils, or is it about learning to pass an exam? My ADI is always reminding me that the test is far removed from reality, and, at times, is laughable. An SE simply cannot mimic a genuine pupil, no matter how skilled they are.

I think there should be a fully structured training programme, endorsed by the DSA, not by independent companies like TIC who have no vested interest in anyone passing and are simply a private company. I don't even think TIC are ORDIT registered!

Why not have a permanent training college, or several of them, run by the DSA, properly regulated, who guarantee exemplary standards of training? The DSA are one of the richest governmental departments in the UK, but they don't seem to have the will to tighten up the whole process and make it a proper profession, with recognised qualifications and a correct, structured training path. This would ensure that only those PDI's with dedication and professionalism would become driving instructors, not just those who are capable of passing an exam.

Why not simply scrap the part 3 exam, and test PDI's on their actual instructing abilities with genuine pupils? Yes, teach them the basics of all the PST's, theoretical and practical, then monitor them in-car when they are deemed capable enough of instructing. Why not have a proper vetting process, with in-depth interviews and suitability criteria taken into account, run by the DSA? Why not base the green licence on a PDI's pupils' pass rate, and make this a continuous process? There are many things that could be considered, but I doubt will ever happen.

Where I do think the DSA is being proactive will be the eventual scrapping of the pink licence. I find it incredible that over half of all the BSM instructors are trainees. This cannot be justified. Sub-standard training for literally thousands of pupils? It illustrates to me clearly the seriously flawed system in which we all work in.

Here's the dilemma facing most PDI's - they do their part 3 40 hours, and the majority do not think they would be capable of passing the exam. So, they are let loose on the paying public to get enough practice in - to pass the exam, not on their suitability to instruct in the first place. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? Well, it is ridiculous.

Guess what? It's probably the same road I will go down - 40 hours, pink licence, then test. So am I a hypocrite? No, I am a slave to a flawed system, like everyone else.

#12 06-06-06 12:05:26

WOOF
Verified Member

Superb post adam!

Tried to give a PST briefing on crossroads to a pupil last night. Started off by doing it as I would be expected to give it in a part 3 exam. Felt completely unnatural. He's a really nice guy and a good driver too. If he thought it was b@llocks, and he probably did, he didn't say.

Said it before on here but training of PDI's should be done in-house by DSA. Not by fly by night companies or independents who may or may not be good ADI's but have not had professional training to train potential driving instructors.

I'm training with an independent. She was cheap but isn't the best. Concentrates on me trying to spot her "minimal" steering errors when it's clear that it's my delivery of briefings for the part 3 exam that need work on.

Thinking back, her part 2 teaching wasn't great either. Told me initially that I needed to set the gas before doing my observations. I've been driving for 25 years. She didn't adapt her teaching for me a full licence holder.

And when I ask her about FLH for part 3 all she will say is the local SEADI has told her to tell her PDI's not to worry about it.

Marvellous!!!

Rant over. Back to preparing my parallel park briefing for phase 2. That's another thing. She's never told me to prepare lesson plans/briefings.

Regards,

WOOF
--------------------
Part 1 - 100/68 - 01/08/2005
Part 2 - 4 Minors - 19/10/2005
Part 3 - 4/4 - 27/06/2006

#13 06-06-06 12:51:54

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Hi woof.

I think that your imediare problem is that your unwilling to be taught.

I've been driving for 25 years' you said. Is that up to DSA standard ?

'I've not been told which pst to revise for the next session'

Do you know which pst your going to get on part three?

The answer to that is 100% NO !

You may not think to highly of your instructor at the moment, but think about this, your instructor knows what standard you requie to EARN, yes EARN a part three pass.

I have been an ADI for over 6 years, wish I had a quid for all those that said ' Idon't need all this training just give me a pass, i'm good enough' , to then fail and wonder why.

When i did my training , I asked about what I should revise for the next session. I was told one thing, only to do another that I didn't bother to revise. When I pointed this out ,I was told ' I lied'

In answer to your comments, I suggest that you revise ALL the pst's, then you won't get caught out on part three and may be you'll stand a chance of passing.

kjs

#14 06-06-06 13:17:31

WOOF
Verified Member

Hi woof.

I think that your immediate problem is that your unwilling to be taught.

I've been driving for 25 years' you said. Is that up to DSA standard ?

'I've not been told which PST to revise for the next session'

Do you know which PST your going to get on part three?

The answer to that is 100% NO !

You may not think to highly of your instructor at the moment, but think about this, your instructor knows what standard you require to EARN, yes EARN a part three pass.

I have been an ADI for over 6 years, wish I had a quid for all those that said ' Idon't need all this training just give me a pass, I'm good enough' , to then fail and wonder why.

When i did my training , I asked about what I should revise for the next session. I was told one thing, only to do another that I didn't bother to revise. When I pointed this out ,I was told ' I lied'

In answer to your comments, I suggest that you revise ALL the pst's, then you won't get caught out on part three and may be you'll stand a chance of passing.

kjs

To take your points in order.

No I wasn't up to DSA standard. The point I was trying to make was that she was "teaching" me how a learner would be taught from scratch. I have been driving for 25 years and I didn't have a problem moving the car away from stop. Driving too fast for certain situations and not starting my MSM routine early enough amongst other faults, I was *****! But getting the car going, no.

I am fully aware that I won't know what PST I will get on my part 3. I was saying she has NEVER asked or told me to prepare a lesson briefing. I only found that out about those on this site and and in text books.

For your information, I am revising and writing all my briefings at the moments.

Since I looked into becoming an ADI 15 months ago, I have spent near enough every day reading text books or reading articles and posts on this site. Together with the fact that I scored 100/68 on part 1, and passed part 2 also first time with 4 minors, if I should be good enough to pass part 3 I think I would have earned it don't you?

Finally, I resent the fact that you have made a judgement that I am unwilling to be taught.

I hope you show more tact with your pupils.

PS. I used spell checker to correct most of your spelling mistakes above.

Regards,

WOOF
--------------------

#15 06-06-06 16:09:20

adam1516

Lol - heated debates going on here!

Yes, I agree with you Woof.

The training you receive from an ADI has nothing to be tested against, and this is yet another fatal flaw in the system. Many PDI's are let down by sub-standard training. A lot of this goes back to what I said in my original post about correctly supervised training, run by the DSA, by a team of skilled and experienced examiners/ADI's who are constantly monitored themselves.

Here is a typical scenario to illustrate - a person passes their part 3 and begins teaching. There is nothing to stop this individual then training PDI's straight away after passing their part 3. So, your future career is in the hands of a person who, potentially, has no clue what they are talking about.

So where is the specialised training, which would ensure higher standards right across the board, for ADI's to teach PDI's? There isn't any. It's often a case of the blind leading the blind, similar to the thousands of BSM pink licence holders handed the responsibility of teaching pupils. Frightening.

Most of all though, where is the specialised training for PDI's to actually teach pupils? No, it has nothing to do with the part 3 training and exam.  Similar to part one, and even part 2 to an extent, this is about exam technique, memory and nerves, and the genuine ability to instruct and teach comes last.

Most PDI's on a pink licence only have their own part 2 experience to fall back on, so how do they teach their pupils? Yes, to try and achieve a part 2 standard, far, far too high for learners. Yet another flaw.

I get the impression most ADI's rate themselves by their pupil pass rate, which I suppose is the only way it can be done. Does that, however, mean they are good instructors, or merely good teachers of test techniques? Some people would say they are one and the same thing. I'm not so sure.

My ADI's favourite quote is "there are so many grey areas in this business". For every topic about this whole business, there are probably a dozen differing opinions related to them. Again, this is the fault of the DSA, which needs to instigate a root-and-branch overhaul of the whole industry.

My ADI told me that he was signed off by TIC after only 20 hours - yes, 20 hours - of proper PST instruction, and was then allowed to apply for a pink and start teaching. Pretty scandalous, again the fault of the DSA.

Anyway, I think I am in safe hands, and I was lucky that he lives local to me. His standards are high - painfully high at times, and he takes his job very seriously. Then again, he has had previous management experience throughout his career, and is someone who I would describe as a person highly skilled in his profession. He is, however, in the minority.

One last thought. How can the DSA justify allowing someone who is possibly only 22 or 23 years old to become a driving instructor? In fact, you might say how can they allow a 17 year old to take control of a potentially lethal machine.

The mind boggles.

#16 06-06-06 16:23:57

luchell

Ok, firstly pass rates, you cannot assess anyone on their pass rates, ive had some blooming good drivers fail recently, my fault? NO they dont cope well with nerves or when they think they have made a mistake no matter how many times you tell them. If i have a good run great BUT we cannot do it for them only prepare them for test day. Assessing an adi or pdis pass rates is simply not going to tell you how good the adi/pdi is only how well the pupils managed to pull it off on the day.

Over to WOOF, yes i agree, i wouldnt tell my mum to set the gas before observing  roll Shes quick enough as an experienced driver (full of bad habits but still) to move her feet quickly just as i do when i need to she nor i are learners and that must be taken into account. I also do not believe WOOF is unwilling to learn. Just because hes been around a while and ive followed his story as it were wink

Part three.... My Se was nothing but..... a pupil lol He really was a VERY good actor i was convinced i had a learner after all they come in all shapes and sizes with differing abilities. It isn't the best layout by far no but pass rates is NOT the way to go(this is just my opinion). Imagine you are working your backside off as a pdi you send in some cracking little drivers only for them to fail on daft things youve gone over and over. If someone said sorry no green badge JUST because of that you'd be devastated, you cannot control your pupils reaction to a test, we are all different.

VERY interesting topic here. Im off to do another lesson. More later lol

#17 06-06-06 16:27:10

evan

The only comment I really have to make about the above is this.
Whoever you train with, you will have to do a lot of the learning on your own. You need to absorb all the key points in each of the PST's and then develop your own teaching style, encompassing all the important points into your lesson.

It is obviously important to get the overview of a good trainer, that cannot be denied, but you really have to understand all the key elements yourself, and that takes time to do.

I have said before if you can practice with another PDI you can help each other out a lot, it's surprising if you miss something out your partner usually picks up on it.

Good luck with your quest for the part 3 test.

With regards to judging instructors on their pass rates, this is not accurate at all. If you have a group of pupils on your books who are let us say more natural to the driving experience, they will often do better at test. But believe me, I would never hazard a £5 note on the result of a driving test, I've had some real surprises in the past.  Ev

#18 06-06-06 16:29:47

luchell

Oh and i DO teach to part two standard thats the whole point of doing part two(to have a standard on which to base your teaching), my learners will not have the experience that i do HOWEVER the principles they are learning are the same that i drive to now. Of course i don't expect them to drive quite as fluently of judge situations quite as well or rather quite as quickly as we do or should  BUT the framework of part two is there. I produce 'mini mes' lol with of course what i call their own little 'youisms' in english they will drive like i do but they will also have their own little driving style along the lines of mine.

The problem is the pink is without a doubt a VERY important learning tool, it is let down by the fact it is not often properly monitored. More supervision is needed. I think there should only be the one in 5 lessons option NOT the 20 hours open to abuse where i sat in a class room for 20 hours learning that if i lost a pupil that would cost me perhaps 600 pounds, if they recommended me i may lose such and such i mean come on!!!!!! How does that relate to my PINK badge. After green fair play but not whilst im trying for my green.

#19 06-06-06 16:46:02

CarlatPUK
Verified Member
Website

Hi woof,
Just a thought, but whats wrong with setting the gas before carrying out observations?

Isn't setting the gas part of the `P` in `POM`?

I'm a little confused as you say she was teaching you how a learner would be taught from scratch, well isn't that what you will be doing? or were you referring to part two training?

Adam is right about the new ADI being able to train PDIs, many of TICs trainers have very little experience, the guy that filled my shoes when I quit TIC had not even been graded.
As for the DSA doing the training, well allready been there and was told the DSA is not a training body, its up to the trainers to learn from experience by sitting on ADI tests and listening to the de briefs. Building a relationship with local SE and SEADI is very important too.

Spell checkers grate innit?

PROGRESSIVE-UK Driver Development
Professional driver training by professional trainers
We also train driving instructors

Grade 6 (and worked for it)
RoSPA Diploma advanced driving instruction
Registered Fleet driver trainer
Cardington, IAM, DIA, blah, blah....

#20 06-06-06 17:00:42

adam1516

Yes, I agree with most things Luchell says, as  people usually do. Hayley, you mention you teach your pupil to test 2 standard, which to me makes good sense, although my ADI has certain issues with it. Of course a person taking their part 2 is expected to be much more fluent and aware than a learner, but I don't think their is much difference between the 2 tests. The serious/dangerous faults are exactly the same on both tests, but obviously a learner has many more minors to play with.

With regard to learning on your own, that is exactly the point I am making. You are left to your own devices,  to sink or swim. Surely that is the whole problem - a lack of professionalism in the industry. I just think that PDI's should be far more closely regulated before they even get within ten miles of a genuine learner.

I also think you hit on an important subject regarding test pass rates. I have to disagree with you Hayley, I think you can judge the instructors ability with this system. I'm not suggesting the pass rate be set at an impossibly high level - it could be staggered, for instance, to reflect the experience of the PDI. Surely if a  PDI has a constantly low level of pass rates, that person is not performing adequately, regarding real teaching or the ability to teach a pupil test technique. Yes, by all means take into account nerves on the day, etc, etc, but there has to be a minimum benchmark with which to assess PDI's. I would suggest a 40% - 50% pass rate would be adequate. Surely this could only drag standards upwards instead of sticking with the status quo. I have seen no evidence anywhere to suggest that obtaining a green licence makes someone a good instructor.

Regarding the pink licence, yes, it is an important learning tool as the system stands, but that doesn't make it right.

Also, I know for a fact the check-tests that ADI's undergo are woefully inadequate, and seen as a joke by most ADI's, so is there anything to monitor the standards of the ADI? Nothing really.

#21 06-06-06 18:51:02

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Sorry if I upset you woof. Called it as I saw it. Just looks like you're not satisfied with your instructor, and are saying that she doesn't know what she is doing. And in one instance, it reads like you know what you're doing wrong, and that your instructor can't see it.

You say that its the delivery of your briefings that need working on. What I was trying to say is, Your instructor should know where you are going wrong and if your briefings have not been mentioned, maybe they don't need has much work has you think.

Anyway. Good luck with part 3

kjs

p.s. Never was any good at spelling. Have taken your advice and checked it .

#22 06-06-06 19:14:13

jackluxford
Verified Member

It's important that you do get into the roll play situation.

Remember me? I started this thread smile
Sounds like a typical core competency statement smile

Jack.

#23 06-06-06 19:20:50

WOOF
Verified Member

Two more things about my trainer.

After I mentioned that I had started writing lesson plans, she told me that I would not be able to use them on my part 3 as I have to do it all from memory.

Last time I saw her she didn't think I was quite ready for part 3 yet but to still take my first attempt as it would be good experience for me.

Regards,

WOOF
--------------------

#24 06-06-06 19:32:49

adam1516

Woof,

My ADI said something very similar to yours, but it was part 2 he was referring to. He said treat it like an exercise, and it would be a bonus if I passed. As it happens, I failed on a stupid serious. I came off a motorway junction (the M5 if anyone is interested), heading back towards the test centre. We went down a dual carriage way, got to an island, and went straight on. So far so good. Only problem was, I didn't notice a speed limit sign of 40mph just before the island. I was up to 55mph before the SE told me - I was gutted! I swore out loud and the SE told me at the de-brief I would have sailed through with only 3 minors.

Re-test on a Saturday morning, so no school run or usual work traffic to contend with.

As far as your training is concerned Woof, I'm not sure who is more confused. You, the ADI, or us? Lol.

#25 06-06-06 19:50:28

luchell

I totally agree with where you are coming from Adam but i tell you wait until you are out here! I may be assuming wrongly i am not sure if you are on a pink? I have a bunch of strugglers at the minute. They are really having trouble with nothing but the test! You will get that sometimes. Does this make me a bad instructor? No i don't think so. Two of my Bsm branches green badge holders(who had been there many years) had a 33 percent pass rate, does that make them bad? No i dont believe so as i know them.

You can do what you will and try until you are blue in the face BUT until you can sit in the test center and feel how we feel with our learners you  will not realise how touch and go the test can be, seriously. I Look into EVERY SINGLE result and constantly assess what i could have done if anything to assist them even more with passing.

Some failure sheets i look at and think thats something i have told you three thousand times OR thats something you've NEVER done before. Its so hit and miss i do not believe it could possibly be used as some sort of marking system. Please dont take this offensively i don't mean it that way. I am just stating what i hve come across. I give SO much to my pupils honestly i do. I prepare them in every way i can find, if i am not happy i seek help from friends on here. There is an element of luck to the driving test.  I have no idea what my pass rate is it was 72 percent when i was a pink at Bsm. Since leaving i dont know. Im not interested to be honest as long as i am doing EVERYTHING in my power to make the safest they can be. (That may not sound right but it is meant in a good way)

Board footer