You are not logged in.

#1 04-06-06 15:09:05

Lady P
Verified Member

V in box

was driving today approaching motorway slip road. 2 lanes but solid white in the middle & in the lane on the left there was a V in a box painted every 100yds or so... any idea what that means?

04-06-06 15:09:05

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: V in box

#2 04-06-06 15:16:10

VandADI
Administrator

only a fool breaks the two second rule chevrons

#3 04-06-06 16:04:42

Lady P
Verified Member

not sure?  they were only about 1' wide? they were in the right lane only the left & were just next to the solid white line.......

#4 04-06-06 16:13:49

sparkle

1''??? 1 inch? how did you see it big_smile

#5 04-06-06 16:37:25

VandADI
Administrator

I think Lady P means one foot wide  big_smile

#6 04-06-06 16:55:20

Lady P
Verified Member

Certainly do. 1foot.  lol

#7 04-06-06 16:57:55

Lady P
Verified Member

They're on the Brockworth Bypass if that helps????? thanks wink

#8 04-06-06 16:59:55

VandADI
Administrator

Could they be "tiger's tail" chevrons?  These reduce the danger caused by drivers realising they are in the wrong lane and, at the last minute, weaving across traffic.

#9 04-06-06 18:18:20

Lady P
Verified Member

Not sure so I've sent an email to the Highways Agency! Let's see how long they take to get back to me???? That could be amusing!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#10 04-06-06 19:43:29

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Maybe the council found some extra white paint and decided to use it up. They tend to do that around where I live. We get new and wonderful road markins all the time. Some of which arn't in the H/C.

I mean, not to sound ignorant, but I havn't heard of 'tiger tails chevrons' . The firstexplanation is the more like to me. 2 second gap markers

kjs

#11 04-06-06 19:50:57

VandADI
Administrator

#12 04-06-06 20:51:26

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for that vandADI. The m6/m62 interchange isn't that far away from me. But , like I said, If they are going to introduce a new style of road marking, surley they should inform the public about what it means. The amount of drivers that stop and ask what such and such a thing means , is rediculous. And then to find I can't tell them because its new and i've never come across it before is even worse.

kjs

Board footer