You are not logged in.

#1 29-05-06 18:32:58

giggles184
Verified Member

stuck!!

i dunno what to do... do i have 1 or 2 hr lessons i had a 2hr lesson the other day cos he had to cancel my lesson at the last second and that was good but i dunno arghhh suggestions pleeeeeese  big_smile

ADI part 1 - passed 1st attempt 11/5/09 97/63
ADI part 2 - passed 1st attempt 03/09/09 - 1 minor big_smile
ADI part 3........... start training 27/9/09 then we shall see!

29-05-06 18:32:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: stuck!!

#2 29-05-06 18:41:51

msdarcy721

Is this for diamond advanced? IAM? Rospa? Neither of those?

If it's all the same to your adi; which do you think you would get the most from? I don't know how long your advanced test will last for (is it about 45 mins ???) but i'd go with what you feel would bring you the most benefit. having a few 1hr sessions might do just as much for you, if like me, you can stay focussed for that length of time, and then pick it up on your next lesson; feeling fresh and giving 100%. I, although i do more now, didn't have more than a 1hr lesson, cos i felt mentally tired, a little exhausted. but have since got used to it.

so depends really on you i'd say 8-)

good luck xxx smile

#3 29-05-06 18:59:39

giggles184
Verified Member

thanks ms darcy. well my test will last over an hr   yikes lol i dunno just feels a little like im picking things up and then just as it starts clicking a little its over  :? but i didnt know whether or not my adi wud wanna be doin a 2 hr lesson, im gonna have to corner him on it me thinks  lol

#4 29-05-06 19:01:49

sparkle

Whatever suits you.

Personally 1 hour is enough-after that whatever im doing becomes counter productive :banghead:

#5 29-05-06 19:07:40

CarlatPUK
Verified Member
Website

Could be that your instructor is looking to make up for lost time (money) as msdarcy says go with what you feel is right, I always do two hour sessions on part 2 an 3 or advanced training but none of our ADIs insist on 2 hour lessons for Learners unless they want them or distance to the test area requires them pre test.
I have noticed as perhaps other established ADIs have that national schools such as BSM build in the `suggestion` of two hour lessons into their literature, many so called professional instructors also do this because their rates are so low its the only way they can generate enough income.
I must reiterate the point that your instructor `may` be looking to make up lost revenue, it could be that you are at a crucial stage of development and he/she feels that a double lesson will repair the damage caused by missing a lesson.

PROGRESSIVE-UK Driver Development
Professional driver training by professional trainers
We also train driving instructors

Grade 6 (and worked for it)
RoSPA Diploma advanced driving instruction
Registered Fleet driver trainer
Cardington, IAM, DIA, blah, blah....

#6 29-05-06 19:18:03

giggles184
Verified Member

well i wasnt charged for the 2nd hr this week  smile erm i dunno i wud have thought that 2 hrs wud be better as we need to go on and off motorways and things but i just didnt want to ask him and have him think it was a strange idea.

#7 29-05-06 20:03:07

CarlatPUK
Verified Member
Website

giggles, oh giggles where is your assertiveness?? are you not the customer? are you not the paymaster?
It was encouraging that you were not charged for the two hours, that would suggest that you have a genuine trainer but really if you felt you needed two hours then PLEASE say so, maybe your trainer couldn't fit in two hours but why not next week?
How can your lack of confidence be a strange idea, talk to your trainer he/she is not a mind reader,having said that perhaps he/she is happy with your motorway slips??

PROGRESSIVE-UK Driver Development
Professional driver training by professional trainers
We also train driving instructors

Grade 6 (and worked for it)
RoSPA Diploma advanced driving instruction
Registered Fleet driver trainer
Cardington, IAM, DIA, blah, blah....

#8 30-05-06 19:24:28

giggles184
Verified Member

thanks carlat, ive always been a bit this way as a few on here will testify it took me a long old while to be persistent enough with my adi to actually get him to start my lessons  :-[ and now he has i just didnt want to be arghhh not wording this right again bear with me... erm... ok, ive got my own car i didnt want to be asking for 2 much from him in that if he was automatically gonna think well she doesnt need that long cos she can just go out and practice on her own yada yada yada i didnt know wat was a normal lesson length, now i understand that its still up to me at the end of the day, and well im still not the most confident person i need a bit of a shove   big_smile did that make any sense  ;D ;D i think im gonna ask him on my next lesson if i can have the 2 hrs its sooo much easier to get more done in and im finding it hard at the moment to break bad habits  :-[  roll roll

#9 30-05-06 19:27:08

msdarcy721

aww well good luck giggles

yip as you say you're the customer and should be paying for the sort of service you're happy with. no less than that imo.

hope it'll go well xxx smile

let us know how ya get on xxx smile

can you not do some practise in your own car with him? :afro:

#10 30-05-06 19:35:56

giggles184
Verified Member

thanks msdarcy  smile well i cud do i think im gonna get him to do some of the parking in my car cos it really does stink at the moment  ;D even with his flaming way of doin it  roll apparently im a nightmare cos im telling him it dont work  ;D its all good as soon as i get in his car itll go perfectly and then itll look like im lying  ;D
anyways hes a good instructor i wudnt be doin it with any1 else this is all me at the moment being shy and stuff  :-[ ;D

#11 30-05-06 19:46:36

luchell

How about one and a half. I find one in MY area to little for the pupil often due to where we need to go to practise. If im picking up in town (30/40/ mins frm here) then an hour could just cover enough. i still feel we end up finishing when theres so much to be done smile One and a half is good, sometimes 2 you can see the pupil struggling in the last half hour, if that is the case i recommend they try one and a half, no point me taking money for 2 hours if my pupil is going away feeling not very good because silly mistakes started creeping in through tiredness etc.

You're the customer, experement. Try 2 try one and a half. See what works for you wink

#12 30-05-06 19:54:36

giggles184
Verified Member

oo good idea thanks, rite hehehe hes gonna get bombarded now  ;D ;D

Board footer