You are not logged in.

#1 28-10-04 00:35:54

foilerist
Verified Member
Website

Instructor training, how?

How does one go about training to be an adi trainer, I have got study material for the dip di and have considered the cardington grade a.  All i can see these things doing is improving my own skills and knowledge (not a bad thing).  How can I then assess and train potential instructors and grade them accordingly. Do instructor trainers role play as trainee instructors to help develop the skills required to be an instructor trainer.  Any info would be gratefully recieved

28-10-04 00:35:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Instructor training, how?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 28-10-04 06:02:54

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I have applied to become an adi trainer through LDC, as that is who i have franchise with. I will be attending a 2 day assessment in 3 weeks time, and if i'm suitable i will go on to do training and ORDIT exam.
If you are with a training company, try them if not get in touch with DSA.

#3 28-10-04 14:13:20

simpson

Hi foilerist,

I might be able to help you!

How i train my trainers is quite simple realy, i will explain the basics then you can decide the best way forward.

I sit in the front passenger side as a "P.D.I". You (foilerist) will sit in drivers seat as a pupil. Same as you would with instructor training etc.

I would then set up a scenerio of for example, I give you a briefing on "the turn in the road". However, it would be complete crap! No recap, no objective and weak briefing. I would then want to see how you would "come out of role" and give me feedback.

Lets say for example you say to me the following as feed back.......

" Well simpson that was a brilliant recap, excelent objective but you need to work on your briefings".............

I would then come out of role all together and give YOU feedback on the feedback you just gave me! Hope your not getting confused yet.

My feedback to you would go something like this.........

OK foilerist, When you said my recap was good well actually i didnt give one did i?
(Then i would go into detail)
Basically i would do that with all the points i felt you gave wrong feedback on.
We would then do the whole thing again. CORRECTLY!

My heads burning now..............

If u need help drop us a line, i will see if i can help.

Simpson

#4 28-10-04 23:50:07

foilerist
Verified Member
Website

Hi Simpson thanks for the info, just clicked on your website and it wouldn't load in, could be at my end but headsup just in case.

#5 31-10-04 15:19:03

simpson

Hi Foilerist,

Not sure whats up with the website,
If you want to contact me, you can at simon@xceldrivertraining. Our website should be ok as i have just been on there.

Goodluck.

#6 31-10-04 23:57:48

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Hi, simpson

I just sent you mail, saying i think your www address has .com missing from the end.

Regards

Board footer