You are not logged in.

#1 22-05-06 06:57:55

Yicker
Verified Member

Smoking Ban

After the legislation banning smoking in company vehicles etc in Scotland, the company i currently work for has sent a memo round to all our branches saying that when the ban becomes nationwide in 2007, no-one will be allowed to smoke in company vehicles.

A couple of questions for you all: How and who will enforce it? How will it affect any of you that smoke?
Personally, i dont smoke, so it doesnt really bother me one way or the other.

22-05-06 06:57:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Smoking Ban

#2 22-05-06 14:14:36

Morgan
Verified Member

Was there not a long list of exceptions to this ?

#3 22-05-06 14:17:05

markA.d.I

I am a smoker, But i would never consider smoking in my tuition vehicle, whether on a lesson or not!

So unfair to smoke in tuition cars i think.

#4 22-05-06 14:44:27

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi Morgan
There are legal exceptions in Scotland if a driving school car is also used for the instructor's Social/Domestic and Pleasure motoring.
However this appears to be a company, initiating a ruling of it's own, which it is entitled to do providing it does not contravene any existing law, witness the number of companies in England which already have no smoking rules in work spaces, indoors and even in some cases, out of doors on the site. 

#5 22-05-06 15:57:22

sparkle

Saw 2 adi's today smoking on a lesson-charming roll get used to seeing it though thats the bad thing.

I used to smoke-but wouldnt smoke in tuition car either, except on test day if pupil smoked would both have one outside car no harm in that wink im ex-smoker now and cant wait until  wink the ban ;D

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 22-05-06 21:30:18

Leprechaun

witness the number of companies in England which already have no smoking rules in work spaces, indoors and even in some cases, out of doors on the site.

yep we've got that - no smoking is allowed on the premises including the garden area

#7 25-05-06 06:48:56

ADIALAN
Verified Member
Website

i am a non smoker, always have been.

It amazes me how many people smoke in cars in such a restricted space.  Ex smokers have told me that they didn`t realise how much the  car smelt as when they smoked they didn`t notice.

...and for an ADI to smoke in a driving school car, even without a pupil...!

I gained a new pupil last week from an ADI who used to smoke DURING A LESSON but pupil was too shy to mention it to the ADI.

Alan

"There is only one difference between genius and stupidity - genius has its limits"

#8 30-05-06 14:34:36

copone
Verified Member

There is an ADI who teaches in the area where I live. Not only does he smoke whilst giving lessons, but wears his seat belt when he feels like it. What a good advert.

ADI. Class 1 Police Advanced. HGV Class 1. Member of IAM AND DIA. Rospa Gold. National Diploma for Advanced Instruction. and Examiner. IAM fleet trainer. Safed trainer.

#9 30-05-06 17:04:56

sparkle

.....ohh yes we have the occasional seat belt ADI wearers here  *TUT TUT*

#10 09-05-07 19:50:53

wayneadi
Verified Member

i also have an instructor in my area who smokes with pupils in the car and he does it in the test centre just bbefore tests now i smoke but would never smoke on a lesson for 2 reasons one there paying me to teach not smoke and two what would anybody seeing your car with the name all over it sayabout your school if you had a fag hanging out of your mouth

wayne lewin school of motoring :: our aim is to make you a safe driver for life   b,be,c,c1,c1e,d,d1,d1e f,k,l,n,p

#11 09-05-07 20:53:24

pinball
Verified Member
Website

I have been an ADI for 8 years and never seen any driving instructor smoking while on a lessons.

#12 09-05-07 22:07:04

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

There are at least two in our area who smoke pipes whilst on lessons.
I don't know how they manage to keep any customers.

Give yourself independenc, learn to drive!
www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

I see friends shaking hands, saying
"how do you do". 
They're really saying
"I love you" (Louie Armstrong)

Board footer