You are not logged in.

#1 11-05-06 15:23:38

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

HELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP T-cut

anyone know what i ahve to do with the stuff, bought it cos need to do the car, but what do i do with it? it says something about polishing the car after - why, and importantly how????????

don't laugh, i am a girlie sad parents being unhelpful and useless, was gonna do it today but as THEY being unhelpful, i now don't have time, but so i at least know what to do, HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLP  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Gemma
1st practical - 29/07/2005 4s 9m   2nd practical - 17/08/2005 1s 10m
3rd Practical - 8/09/2005 3s 6m  4th Practical - 12/10/2005 4 minor!!!
Pass Plus - Completed 4th Dec  Drives R reg Fiesta Chicane 2005-2009
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.
Now got my ZoomZoom 60 Mazda2 Sport.

11-05-06 15:23:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: HELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP T-cut

#2 11-05-06 15:43:25

markA.d.I

be very very very carefull with it brake, it works by lightly sanding off a fine layer of paint !

Wash the car, dry it, apply a pea size amount to a cloth and work in circular motions, make sure you do not spend to much time on one area !

Allow plenty of time for this job, if you do half a job it will look awful !

I would wash it again once i have finished, then wax/polish the car.

Oh ..... don't do it if you're car has metallic paint !

#3 11-05-06 16:15:48

Lexy
Verified Member
Website

LOL! This has reminded me of a bloke who used to live near me a few years ago... he had a bright red Ford Capri, which he lovingly spent almost the whole of Sunday morning pampering... a few months down the line the poor s*d had T-Cut all the red paint off his bonnet!! yikes

The moral of the story... don't use it too often!

I think there is a colour matched version of it as well, although I don't know if that works the same as the original stuff  :?.

#4 11-05-06 16:32:17

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

alright then sad ah - the car is silver, i assume therefore its metallic, looks it

what do i do then. got some light scratches on the front wing where i *ahem* had a minor disagreement with a tree sad So how can i get theses scratches out, they don't look nice, very few people can see them, but in the right light i can. They are fairly light, but obviously don't want scratches on the car sad

Gemma
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.

#5 11-05-06 16:39:09

markA.d.I

If its metallic than there isn't a lot you can do other than getting a professional to re-lacquer the car, could be pricey, but i would get some one to price it for you.

don't t - cut, you will just remove more lacquer and make it worse.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 11-05-06 16:50:51

Lexy
Verified Member
Website

I've just had a quick look on the net (with the help of Mr Google) and seen that a variant of T Cut  is sold,called Car Plan T Cut Colourfast and they sell that in Silver; so I don't know if that is an abrasive like the original product, or if that more "fills" the scratch, (if you know what I mean) and would be more suitable for your needs. :?

Or maybe, as Mark says, give someone like these guys a shout. http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/repair/chipsaway.asp

#7 11-05-06 17:05:41

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor … orGroupId=

will that stuff be any good do ya reckon ??? and any ideas what ya do with it lol
cos obviously if T-cut will ruin the car don't wanna do that sad
the scratches to me look horrible, i can see them on the panel, they are light scratches but i can see them :cry:

Gemma
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.

#8 11-05-06 17:16:22

den676
Verified Member

Have you tried a good wax polish. The wax might just fill the scratches enough to hide them. Also check if it is metallic, just cos its silver doesn't necessarily mean that it is . Check with dealer. Have to be very careful with touch up paint, looks horrible if not done well.

#9 11-05-06 17:20:57

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

Haven't done anything to it yet because i don't want to ruin it lol

it looks pretty metallic like paint, when ya look closely at it.
Might be off to Halfords to buy some wax after school tomorrow. All i know is the paint is called moonshine silver. Think my cousin might have said it was metallic when he got my new mirror done after the dustcart incident i had sad Stupid tree eh, and grrr, why'd the neighbour cut it all jagged, pmsl. Was alright before he decided to prune it, not his fault i got up close and personal with a tree, but not amused at all, cos my cars scratched sad

Gemma
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.

#10 11-05-06 17:53:05

den676
Verified Member

If the scratches are very fine the wax might just hide them. Won't be able to touch up with the wax on though. Good luck.

#11 11-05-06 17:58:15

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

most of them are very fine, 2 are a bit deeper, hopefully they'll be hidden by it sad
Gonna go have a look at everything halfords have got i think sad Mum bought T cut, but if that will ruin it, i ain't using it. lol

Gemma
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.

#12 12-05-06 08:07:27

skiffle
Verified Member
Website

If the scratches are light... a polish might just hide them?  especially if you get a coloured polish...

Did someone already suggest that?!!

roll

Still half asleep obviously!

#13 12-05-06 10:28:28

den676
Verified Member

If the polish doesn't work the only way to try T Cut is to try it somewhere that doesn't show iike under the bonnet or in the boot.

#14 17-05-06 17:38:48

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

thanks guys for the advice. Mum managed to get most of it out with a polish, phew. Can barely see them now smile bit more polishing and doubt they'll be visible at all unless you deliberately go really close. I miss them 99% of time when i look now, they are very hard to see now smile

Gemma
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.

Board footer