You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 12-05-06 10:40:29

Janey1
Verified Member

Has anyone used these people?

I've had a copuple of calls and they sent me an e-mail - is this a good deal? Thought I'd run it past you guys to see if you can offer any advice:

"Hi,
Further to our telephone conversation please find below details of the fantastic package we have on offer.
DYNAMIC WEBSITES ALL AT THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON
A fully interactive website with . . .10 pages
- Registration of the Domain Name of your choice
- Matching Email Accounts
- Submission to over 1000 search engines
- Unlimted space on your website
- Updatable 24 hours a day
- Page of unlimited links

-  Here are some examples of my Customers Sites as promised:
www.drivingschool.gbr.cc
www.1stgearsom.com
www.newmansdrivingschool.co.uk
www.hillstartdrivingschool.co.uk
As discussed on the telephone the full cost of the website package is just £100.00 plus vat  per annum no monthly fees or hidden extras.

Our web address is www.freestart.plc.uk"

12-05-06 10:40:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Has anyone used these people?

#2 12-05-06 12:32:09

susanbythesea

Hi,
have not heard of this company but essentially the difference between a good or bad web design company is their ability to get your site optimised for the main search engines,they state they submit to search engines but check if they optimise the sites well, to do this easily as they have given you some of the previous sites they have done do a google/yahoo etc search of your own on the area these schools operate in and see where they come up on the search...first page?...bite their hand off at £100!!...10 pages down?...look for another company..
Sue

#3 12-05-06 18:31:42

luchell

Ok ive just checked on google under female driving instructors salisbury and im on page two, so NOT bad thanks jonks!! lol Let me check now under some different searches!

#4 12-05-06 18:37:05

luchell

Oh dear got to page 16 and got bored typed in driving instructor salisbury and im no where to be seen neutral Lets hope they all specifically want a female eh lol How does it work? How do you climd higher? What can i do to climb higher? I will adding more contewnt to my website once the car is here update pics write abit more stuff to fill it out a bit its rather bare at the mo and needs an spelling mistake corrected as i cannot seem to gain access to the border thing on my admin panel neutral

Still im happy with it for now.

#5 13-05-06 05:38:01

Janey1
Verified Member

Just checked out their examples and the top one appears 7th, the second one, not at all - after 10 pages got bored!  The third one appears as a sponsor on the bottom of every page and the last one - again I couldn't find - but the previous one still appeared on the bottom of every page!!

I just used the area they covered and 'driving school' in the search.  I think £100 per year is a bit much then.

How much should these things cost?  I'm getting so many sales calls at the mo - no customers though!!

Incidentally, I had another call the other day, thought they were from the Metropolitan Police - however, it was an advertising company working for the Emergency Services.  They are putting together a journal called "The Emergency Services 365 Journal" and they said because I am a new business, they would give me first refusal to go into the journal covering 50,000 households.  I would be the only sponsored Driving School ad next to an article on the rise of drink driving in my area.  They offered me a quarter page (page size - A4) for £195, 8th page - £145 and credit card size - £95.  The thing is, the population in my little Market Town is only 5,000 and if the journal covers a wider area, I won't be able to cover that anyway!!  Has anyone else been approached like this?

Cheers

Janey

#6 13-05-06 07:55:11

Karenadi

£100 a year?  Why not just get Jonks to do you a website, then you can put it on via your own isp and either Jonks will manage it or you can do it yourself: after initial costs, I think it's only £10 a year.

#7 13-05-06 11:45:36

luchell

Janey that 365 emergency services thing is a scam hun. Dont touch it. Someone here mentioned it a while ago i think. If you ring the police they know nothing about it  roll

#8 13-05-06 15:02:48

Karenadi

365 definately a scam: had a call from similar in Birmingham, and they put my ad in and tried to invoice me too: I refused to pay up on basis I hadn't agreed: never heard from them again, but now no one gets a hearing for above 15 seconds: if Iwant something I'll go and get it: not wait for them to phone me.  Beware of anyone that phones you wanting to put ad in anything you've never heard of: just think what you do with all bumpf that arrives through your door: I know where mine goes: that is assuming it ever gets there in the first place.

#9 13-05-06 15:16:51

luchell

That 365 thing from what people have written they say exactly the same to everyone that they are the only ones who are going to be in the magazine thing. neutral

#10 13-05-06 15:39:43

Janey1
Verified Member

Hiya guys

So glad I checked with you all!  I knew I could rely on you!

Thanks!

Won't touch that then!!

Cheers

Janey

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 15-05-06 11:38:18

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

Hi Janey,

I just used the area they covered and 'driving school' in the search.  I think £100 per year is a bit much then.

How much should these things cost?  I'm getting so many sales calls at the mo - no customers though!!

Janey

Advertising of any sort is always difficult to put a value on. There are the obvious such as Yellow Pages. But ask yourself where you look to buy things.  When you do advertise then moniter your response and if it don't work don't do it again. Also don't bother to advertise in a big way if you can't get your phone answered by a person. Callers will just go to the next number on their list. The Internet is no different as an advertising media. But to be certain you have an effect you have to be on the first page of a Google search.

Colin Martin
The Bright Red L http://thebrightredl.com
Instructor Apps http://drivinginstructorapps.co.uk
Apps Video channel https://www.youtube.com/colinbythesea

#12 15-05-06 11:59:44

luchell

Colin, how can i get my website to come up on googl, jonks designed mine but its not doing as well as id like. Hes unwell so i though i would ask if there is anything i can do. Its coming up on page 2 under female driving instructors salisbury but nothing for driving instructors salisbury neutral

#13 16-05-06 07:21:26

Janey1
Verified Member

Talking about that 365 Journal - while in me sick-bed yesterday, got another call from the Fire Protection Service with a similar request - I will be the only ad, helping our retired fire-fighters - I'm not sure where these people were based, but he didn't have a Liverpool accent this time - not that means he wasn't from the same organisation.  I also noticed that they tend to use similar STD numbers to your own when they ring your mobile so you answer thinking that it is a customer.  How do they do this?  Anyway, said 'No' and he went.

#14 16-05-06 08:08:07

markA.d.I

Jonks is ok ..... as long as you have plenty of time!

Board footer