You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 10-05-06 21:27:21

sammie06

1st pass plus lesson today!!

Had my first pass plus session today i enjoyed, but oh my gosh it took me about half an hour to get used to his car again. We did the rural roads today, i hate them and he knows i hate them so he took me to worst ones in and around derby. There was one road that was so steep you couldnt see the top of it and i had to put the car into 1st gear so it would actually go up the hill. Got another session next friday and im gonna drive on the motorway to mansfield *GULPS* scary neutral

There is no way i would drive round that area he took me to today unless i really had to, it was THAT bad!!!

Sammie

age.png

10-05-06 21:27:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 1st pass plus lesson today!!

#2 11-05-06 12:03:43

msdarcy721

:afro: good stuff sammie.

hope you enjoy the rest of it. felt pass plus was an experience like none other.

awww i'd swop my town traffic for rural routes ANY day. love whizzing around (observing the national speed limit lol) the countryside.

could you not do pass plus in your car?

good luck xxxxx smile

#3 12-05-06 19:33:41

sammie06

i probably could do it in my car i forgot to ask him this week i'll ask him next week i feel so much more comfortable in my car.

I really did enjoy it (once i got used to the car again) cus of instead of him sayin you can do this better sam we was just chattin, after doing the introduction to pass plus of course!! Felt ALOT more comfortable than i ever did on driving lessons because im not forever wandering did i just do that right.

Sammie

age.png

#4 13-05-06 11:08:38

posh
Verified Member

how many pass plus lessons are you going to have sammie ?as  i havent looked into that area  yet.

#5 13-05-06 11:16:26

luchell

The minimum requirement for pass plus is 6 hours posh. However if the instructor is not happy the standard has been achieved they do not sign off the form and can request further lessons. Your instructor has hopefully told you IF you were to need any more whether its all in the price OR do you have to pay for more than the 6 hours if you should need them(i doubt it i find its normally with pupils i havent taught myself OR pupils who have been left to their own devices for a little to long and too many habits to fix AND the syllabus to teach cant always be done in this time) In other words we are suppose to take you that one step further with your driving, we dont want to be signing you off for pass plus when clearly if you were to take the L test again you would fail miserable. We would deal with that first get you back up to standard.

#6 13-05-06 11:23:24

posh
Verified Member

do you get a certificate or something at the  end of it, and does it lower your insurance costs   :-

#7 13-05-06 11:26:29

luchell

Yes we the Adi fill it in and sign it with the pupil. send it off and the certificate goes to them. they need to check with their insurance company they are with will give a discount for pass plus to be honest that would be best before they actually get insured on a car. They usually can get up to 30 percent off but pass plus has to be done within a year of passing the L test.

#8 13-05-06 11:28:18

luchell

When you get your green badge posh ring up the pass plus bit and ask to register once your badge is through., even though id passed and was on a pink they told me my green must be with me for me to register for it. It cost me about 32 pounds to register and for ten pupil workbooks thingys and the paperwork you mark and send back to them. You have to buy refill packs after those ten have gone  roll An instructor handbook thing also comes with it but its not all that helpful.

#9 13-05-06 11:35:54

posh
Verified Member

a lot of helpful information there thanks smile

#10 13-05-06 11:38:29

luchell

Anytime. wink

#11 14-05-06 09:03:59

sammie06

i paid 120 for the pass plus course, and this pays for however many lessons i will need to take to have acheived what is needed to achieve.

It has given me cheaper insurance its between 400 and 500 quid cheaper so that 120 pound is worth spending to get a saving like that. The catch is i do the course in the first 60 days from the start day of my policy.

Sammie

age.png

#12 14-05-06 09:07:14

posh
Verified Member

money well spent i recon sammie  8)

#13 17-05-06 09:41:52

skiffle
Verified Member
Website

motorway to mansfield...

will keep an eye out for ya sammie. wink

It's not that dodgy... just keep using those mirrors/all round obs. smile

Let us know how you get on.

Board footer